2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Also, Toyota gives no incentives on newly introduced models (the 35mpg Highlander was new for 2020).

My 2020 PacHy has been great, but the Yokohama tires it came with are a bit of a fiasco. I'll replace them soon enough, and lesson learned to get the "wheel and tire group" upgrade next time. I even like the UConnect system (leagues ahead of Toyota's infotainment), which frustrates some folks! I'll never buy a non-hybrid car again, and would love an all-electric minivan or affordable SUV, but that's me. ;)
Actually, there is a $2000 rebate on the 2020 Highlander Hybrid in my state. It might be region dependent.

What's wrong with the Yokohamas? I think they're fine for a van and have low rolling resistance so they won't have as good of grip as non-LRR tires. I too wished I had the S package with the 18" Michelins.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
128 Posts
What's wrong with the Yokohamas? I think they're fine for a van and have low rolling resistance so they won't have as good of grip as non-LRR tires. I too wished I had the S package with the 18" Michelins.
I should've been more specific. The tires that were put on my van from the factory were suspect, with a really rough ride compared to the 2019 Voyager my company had as a commuter van (which is how I got to know the Pacifica). After many trips to various dealers, with some saying "they're just crap tires, buy new ones from us" or "that's just the way the Hybrids ride," it ends up the rear tires were almost 2 years older than the front (Feb 18 vs Dec 19), and were probably pulled from the bottom of the pile in March of 2020 when my van was built. Within warranty, they put new Yokos on the rear, but I honestly cannot tell the difference... still feels like they're overinflated and bouncing over every crack. At least I put sound deadener over the wheel wells, so the noise is much less. As soon as I get back to commuting 50 miles a day, I'll invest in some nice Michelins.

Reactions: DennistheMenace

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd buy a 2020 PacHybrid. Still nothing quite like this. However if I didn't want three rows, the Escape or Rav4 PHEV would be tempting.
I expect to have some good choices in an all electric van of SUV in 2025 when I am ready to pass on my 2018 Pac Hybrid

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,
I'm considering buying a 2020 PacHy right now but am a bit scared off by some of the fire warnings and random shut offs during driving. Is this the norm or are these incidents exceptions?

I'm debating these options. Which would you pick?
1) buy a 2020 PacHy and hope all issues have been resolved by now (4th model year)

2) buy a used hybrid for daily use ($10k) and used gas minivan ($15-20k)

3) buy a new Sienna Hybrid when it arrives next year.

I just need good transport for the family that won't leave us stranded on a trip or explode in our driveway. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks.
I would not buy another one and am considering turning mine in for a hybrid Honda. I’m still not being given a recall appointment and I call at least weekly. The recall and service issues are really not worth the cost of the Pacifica hybrid over other makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
I'm considering buying a 2020 PacHy right now but am a bit scared off by some of the fire warnings and random shut offs during driving. Is this the norm or are these incidents exceptions?

I'm debating these options. Which would you pick?
1) buy a 2020 PacHy and hope all issues have been resolved by now (4th model year)

2) buy a used hybrid for daily use ($10k) and used gas minivan ($15-20k)

3) buy a new Sienna Hybrid when it arrives next year.

I just need good transport for the family that won't leave us stranded on a trip or explode in our driveway. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks.

I am really surprised that no one has mentioned the lower maintenance costs for the Hybrid. I just traded in my 2004 Prius and an old '95 Quest minivan for a Pacifica Hybrid. My Prius had about 170,000 miles on it, and I NEVER changed the brake pads -- and no more cleaning black dust off the hub caps. With the plug-in range, the Hybrid vans (Pacifica or Sienna) should also have lower maintenance costs than an all-gas powered Pacifica (unless it uses Brake Energy Regeneration like some gas-powered BMWs do).

I live near San Diego where there is so much solar energy generation that our "peak" electrical charge time is 5-9pm. Therefore, I decided to go with the plug-in Pacifica even with its risky reliability rating. I love it because I can fit 3 adults and 3 bikes comfortably inside, or 4 adults and 4 bikes if I remove the front wheels and put some of our helmets and stuff up with the second row passengers. I ended up with the Limited because adaptive cruise control was a necessity so I the cross bars for the roof rack were included; however, their is so much space inside, I don't foresee needed a roof pack.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts