2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noticed some nasty glare in the window today. Seems like a bit of chrome on the vent is reflecting right in my line of sight to check the side view mirror. Marker to the chrome was my first thought but now I'm thinking a bit of vinyl wrap or tint film. Anybody else having this problem?

Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Vehicle Photograph Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Light Automotive lighting

[edit] did some digging in the forum and found an old thread with the same reports, also a nice solution guide from @the dashing ham Design flaw - reflection in side mirror

·
Registered
618 Posts
I guess you could easily block the chrome around the vent and prove one way or the other if that was the culprit. I’ve never noticed such an issue after 6 years in our 2017 model.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,738 Posts
Caught a quick glimpse of this for a second this evening. The sun was just in the right (or wrong) place as I made a turn. But I never really noticed it over the last 2 years of my ownership.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
217 Posts
I can't stop noticing it, sorry if this has caused others the same unfortunate perspective. There's a nice guide on 'fixing' the issue here Design flaw - reflection in side mirror involves tearing apart the dash and using spray paint on the offending chrome trim.
An easier solution would just be some vinyl, to wrap the trim. No disassembly required....just leave the vent in place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An easier solution would just be some vinyl, to wrap the trim. No disassembly required....just leave the vent in place.
Any suggestions on a film to use? I suspect IR/UV specs don't matter much in this application.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
217 Posts
Any suggestions on a film to use? I suspect IR/UV specs don't matter much in this application.
My guess would be a satin or matte black vinyl

Go to a local vinyl shop or graphics/sign place and see if they have some small scrap pieces and/or samples.
Example...there's a place that does car wraps & PPF film and stuff near me and they have TONS of options for vinyl & colors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in the same boat, noticed it and couldn’t un-notice it. Did a few searches on this forum to find out how to take the dash apart and it was super easy. Took longer for me to take photos of the process than to actually remove the panels.

I did the spray-paint fix because it was super cheap, I could do it myself, and it yielded an OEM-looking result while solving the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts