2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
..the fastest color in a Pacifica ever made...:)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Adding a few more pics

Some more from today. And I can't recommend enough Turtle Wax "Ice Spray Wax". So nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Some more from today. And I can't recommend enough Turtle Wax "Ice Spray Wax". So nice.
We too are so happy with our choice. The "S" package compliments GCM nicely. :smile2: Unfortunately, ours currently has a slight "salt infested glaze" due to Wisconsin's connection to WINTER! :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Looky Looky...

So I pulled into my friendly neighborhood Lowes today and happened to park my Pac next to "the enemies". But really it was no competition at all :grin2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I pulled into my friendly neighborhood Lowes today and happened to park my Pac next to "the enemies". But really it was no competition at all :grin2:

pfft on them >:) 0:)

Hey is that your van with the new tint? Post more pics! Any info you can share about it too?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
pfft on them >:) 0:)

Hey is that your van with the new tint? Post more pics! Any info you can share about it too?
Yup yup. Went with Rayno Phantom Nano-Ceramic "S5" film. It's a top-shelf film with 99.9% UV protection and excellent IR (heat) rejection. The front windows 35%, rear windows and liftgate 50% and tripane sunroof 50%. The front windshield was also done using Rayno Air 70%. Folks, get your Pac tinted, especially if you live in HOT states! Your factory "privacy tints" don't do diddly for UV protection and IR rejection. Make sure to stick with "ceramic" film with good IR rejection properties.

Good brands with ceramic film are: 3M, Llumar, Rayno, Suntek.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Final Tint Job

Final tint job completed. Initially had windshield 70%, everything else 50%. Went back today and re-did the fronts to darker 35% to better match the rears. Still slightly lighter than the rears but just about right for me (being here in CA with our strict front tint laws). Very happy with it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Final tint job completed. Initially had windshield 70%, everything else 50%. Went back today and re-did the fronts to darker 35% to better match the rears. Still slightly lighter than the rears but just about right for me (being here in CA with our strict front tint laws). Very happy with it.
Lookin' really sharp there! :drool: The back got really dark, looks like 10% now. Are you able to see through the rear window just fine when driving at night?

Dude I'm not getting a tax refund this year, so might have to stick with carbon tint and/or just do the fronts. I convinced my wife that we needed to provide more protection for our boys with adding tint, but she thinks it's more important to get her Corolla tinted first :eek:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Lookin' really sharp there! :drool: The back got really dark, looks like 10% now. Are you able to see through the rear window just fine when driving at night?

Dude I'm not getting a tax refund this year, so might have to stick with carbon tint and/or just do the fronts. I convinced my wife that we needed to provide more protection for our boys with adding tint, but she thinks it's more important to get her Corolla tinted first :eek:
I love the look now. 35% fronts (with no OEM privacy film) with 50% rears (with OEM privacy film) looks good for me. I didn't want EXACT match to the rears with our stricter CA laws. So i think it's just right and hopefully the cops don't give me trouble. I think the 50% on the tripane sunroof is perfect also and the 70% on the windshield is great too (seems basically transparent to me). It's what I'll recommend to others going fwd.

Seeing out the rear is no problem at all. The film quality is so good it really looks fine. Just think how many people have "limo 5%" on their rears driving around :laugh: But looking from the inside out is much "brighter" than looking outside-in.

All right bro, let me know how it turns out for you. We'll meet up soon enough.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Looking good lr!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
31 Participants
Turbobird
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing