2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Who is the primary driver of your Pacifica?

• Guys

Votes: 67 70.5%
  • Girls

Votes: 28 29.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been the primary driver so far, but since a new charging station was just installed at my wife's office building, I think she may get priority for the daily commute since she could get there on battery power and recharge during the day to get home on battery power. As a 6'+ tall guy, it really just fits me better than most typical sedans and my back has been much more comfortable since driving it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a reverse age crises. I went from a Harley to a Mercedes convertible to a Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 but we usually take the Pacifica.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a reverse age crises. I went from a Harley to a Mercedes convertible to a Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 but we usually take the Pacifica.
That's funny, I've gone in a similar direction. I've had diesel pickups, SUVs, and Mustangs, but at 33 years old I am happier with my van then I was with any of them. I am a dad, but I only have my boys every other weekend, and I chose my van for the convenience for all my daily tasks. It's also nice to embarrass the pickup owners at the lumber yard who often have to use a red flag the end of an 8' piece of material that I can easily slide into my van. Last year it swallowed some 10' gutter sections.

M

·
0 Posts
I know this topic was started quite some time ago, but as an observation the title "Guys vs Girls" would have read better as "Guys vs Gals" or "Men vs Women".

"Girls" is the word equivalent to "boys", which isn't offensive in itself, but when paired with a descriptor with a higher level of meaning (such as "guys"), it comes across as disrespectful and dismissive in use.

Most of this style of usage is just by habit since "girls" used to be commonly used to refer to any group of women, but it's been out of style for quite some time now and can be considered sexist, even if that isn't the intent. So, enough with the language and HR lesson...if you read all the way to the end here, thanks!

Back to the topic at hand, I also had a reverse aging process. I went from motorcycles, to turbocharged and otherwise heavily modified streetcars, to trackable miatas, to the humble minivan. My kids are in college, but the van is just so darn versatile (and comfortable!) that if I got something else a bit more stylish or sporty, I'd regret it with every piece of furniture I wanted to buy and every trip to the hardware store (and every trip to the Vet!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I drive my PacHy daily as the mileage, comfort and utility is second to none . Then on the weekend , if I choose to do so, I open one of the garage doors and pull out the viper T/A 2.0... I wouldn't have it any other way .

·
Registered
477 Posts
I drive my PacHy daily as the mileage, comfort and utility is second to none . Then on the weekend , if I choose to do so, I open one of the garage doors and pull out the viper T/A 2.0... I wouldn't have it any other way .
Useless trivia question: which has a lower drag coefficient, the Pacifica or the Viper?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife drives a 200 hardtop convertible, and my daily drivers for the last eighteen years have all been Dodge or Chrysler minivans.

She likes flaunting her femininity in the convertible, but I'm far too old to need or want a cool image at the grocery store. I want convenience and comfort.

When I want to reminisce I drive my '64 Valiant convertible, or my restored '73 D100, and they will soon be joined by a '56 Plymouth when I choose to go way back in time!
In the meantime, I wouldn't trade my '14 T&C for anything except a new Pacifica.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeesh, you guys are making me feel old.

I'm 33 years old, and my other car is an '06 Prius. I'm a sucker for efficiency, and I drive 25K/year. I save a bunch in depreciation by piling miles on the old Toyota and driving the van less. My Prius came with a set of snow tires as well, which makes it much better in the snow than the Pacifica.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This topic, interestingly, was addressed in Driven's recent review of the Pacifica Hybrid:
[ame]https://youtu.be/-pOjaumnXII?t=615[/ame]

Starts at 10:15.

Most men don't care about stigma of minivans, it's mostly women that do. It's been proven by the replies in this thread. This also fits with observations; If I see a Pacifica in the wild, 8/10 it's driven by a man.

A Pacifica isn't going to make the rival soccer moms in the neighborhood jealous like that new Acura MDX. The funny part is, most people I know under 25 now consider a crossover SUV to be the soccer mom-mobile.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It is Politically Incorrect to discuss Political Correctness on this or any other automobile forum. However, I do agree that the thread might have had a better title. Let me run Dorks and Damsels up the flag and see who salutes? ;-)

·
Registered
377 Posts
You also have to realize that this is a poll of "People who own Chrysler Pacificas AND post on an internet car forum about them", its not a sample really of typical Pacifica owners as the vast majority do not post on an Internet forum. My guess is that is why it is skewed so strongly towards males. Out in the world overwhelmingly I see them driven by women which by and large makes the most sense.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
You also have to realize that this is a poll of "People who own Chrysler Pacificas AND post on an internet car forum about them", its not a sample really of typical Pacifica owners as the vast majority do not post on an Internet forum. My guess is that is why it is skewed so strongly towards males. Out in the world overwhelmingly I see them driven by women which by and large makes the most sense.

It’s funny cause I’m yet to see a female driving a Pacifica. Just my observation, even though I’m aware that it may be skewed due to several geographic factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
It’s funny cause I’m yet to see a female driving a Pacifica. Just my observation, even though I’m aware that it may be skewed due to several geographic factors.
The ones I've seen are driven 95% by women. My neighbors that have them all of them are driven by women.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I went from driving a Mercedes Convertible to Dodge Grand Caravan, then Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 Quatro. She likes driving my Pacifica when we are together but prefers the Audi when it is just her. I like the vans because I can haul all of my toys (r/c airplanes, guitars etc).
I just ordered a Pacifica Hybrid just so that I can be even more geeky (and get the $7500 tax credit).

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I went from driving a Mercedes Convertible to Dodge Grand Caravan, then Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 Quatro. She likes driving my Pacifica when we are together but prefers the Audi when it is just her. I like the vans because I can haul all of my toys (r/c airplanes, guitars etc).

I just ordered a Pacifica Hybrid just so that I can be even more geeky (and get the $7500 tax credit).

What. ??? You bought another Pacifica just for gigs and to get a $7500 tax credit? Did you say you traded your Pacifica for the new one (then it makes sense), otherwise I’d say that you must be a financial genius to figure out how did you make a profit by saving 7.5K and spending 30-50K for an extra car in your garage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What. ??? You bought another Pacifica just for gigs and to get a $7500 tax credit? Did you say you traded your Pacifica for the new one (then it makes sense), otherwise I’d say that you must be a financial genius to figure out how did you make a profit by saving 7.5K and spending 30-50K for an extra car in your garage.

I might trade in the 17 Limited or my step-daughter might get it. Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, over 70% guys. I was going to say it was because of the hybrid technology that the guys were interested in. But the survey includes both gas and hybrid Pacificas. So I wonder what that breakdown within the poll is. It is our 2nd minivan (first was a 2009 Kia Sedona) and my wife is the primary driver. I get nights, weekends, and vacations.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My husband always had a sports car and a van. Me, I was always a 2 dr cpe owner....until I drove a van longer term. Now, I wouldn't have anything else....my friends call it the mobile warehouse because I'm always carting something around from here and there. . Having a Limited was my dream (mostly for the radio) but I couldn't justify it until now. Love my Pacifica!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
33 Participants
JamesLJohnson
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing