2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I recently got into a rain storm with my new 2020 Pacifica equipped with the hands free sliding doors. Afterwards, I received the message, "Hands Free Sliding Door Sensors Blocked Wash Under Vehicle" on my instrument cluster, as you can see in the attachment. Despite the message, the hands free feature still works on both doors. To try to get rid of the message, I've used my power washer to clean the area underneath the sliding doors a couple of times and everything looks clean, but the message remains. I've disabled and re-enabled the Hands Free Sliding Doors from the Settings of the touchscreen as well to no avail. I called Chrysler Customer Care, and they told me I have to take the car to a dealership for service :/. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

I recently got into a rain storm with my new 2020 Pacifica equipped with the hands free sliding doors. Afterwards, I received the message, "Hands Free Sliding Door Sensors Blocked Wash Under Vehicle" on my instrument cluster, as you can see in the attachment. Despite the message, the hands free feature still works on both doors. To try to get rid of the message, I've used my power washer to clean the area underneath the sliding doors a couple of times and everything looks clean, but the message remains. I've disabled and re-enabled the Hands Free Sliding Doors from the Settings of the touchscreen as well to no avail. I called Chrysler Customer Care, and they told me I have to take the car to a dealership for service :/. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI - I just got my car back from the dealership yesterday. I asked to speak to the tech about how he got rid of the warning. He said there was nothing in his documentation about this warning. Similar to me, he sprayed down the underside of the sliding doors and the warning did not go away. Only after he wiped it down did it go away. I had done the same thing without any luck. I had even taken the car through a car wash with an undercarriage cleaning before taking it to the dealer and the warning did not go away. Strange stuff.

·
Registered
259 Posts
FYI - I just got my car back from the dealership yesterday. I asked to speak to the tech about how he got rid of the warning. He said there was nothing in his documentation about this warning. Similar to me, he sprayed down the underside of the sliding doors and the warning did not go away. Only after he wiped it down did it go away. I had done the same thing without any luck. I had even taken the car through a car wash with an undercarriage cleaning before taking it to the dealer and the warning did not go away. Strange stuff.
I guess there must have really been some junk disrupting the sensor that only wiping was able to remove.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have the same thing, I have cleaned under it several times using an under carriage car wash. Can you tell me exactly where the sensor is, i will get underneath and wipe it to see if it goes away. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

I have the same thing, I have cleaned under it several times using an under carriage car wash. Can you tell me exactly where the sensor is, i will get underneath and wipe it to see if it goes away. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly where the sensors are located either. Presumably, they are close to the edges of the sliding doors closest to the front row (i.e., the driver and passenger doors). I am basing that assumption on the fact that that is where you are supposed to kick to engage the hands-free mechanism. I would suggest you just liberally wipe down the entire underside edges of both sides of the car. Given that those areas are painted, you'll want to make sure they are free of debris and use a microfiber cloth to avoid damaging your paint job. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had this message happen to my nearly brand new Hybrid Limited, after driving in a heavy rainstorm. Washed it multiple times with no change. Took it to the dealer yesterday, they found no stored codes or any other errors other than the sensors blocked message. I couldn’t leave it for them to investigate further, unfortunately. The dealer has put in a call to Chrysler, and I Have another appointment next week for them to investigate further.

Other than this message, I am really liking this car.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,109 Posts
I just had this message happen to my nearly brand new Hybrid Limited, after driving in a heavy rainstorm. Washed it multiple times with no change. Took it to the dealer yesterday, they found no stored codes or any other errors other than the sensors blocked message. I couldn’t leave it for them to investigate further, unfortunately. The dealer has put in a call to Chrysler, and I Have another appointment next week for them to investigate further.

Other than this message, I am really liking this car.
Please keep us posted.
I am wondering if there is some sort of program glitch since I recently saw this message, but I don't have this feature on my van.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dropped the car at the dealer Thursday so they could do more troubleshooting. Got a call both yesterday and today that they want to keep it for further diagnosis. Looks like they are stumped at this point, and I am without a vehicle for the weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dropped the car at the dealer Thursday so they could do more troubleshooting. Got a call both yesterday and today that they want to keep it for further diagnosis. Looks like they are stumped at this point, and I am without a vehicle for the weekend.
Finally got the car back today. The diagnosis is “Right sliding door hands free sensor is not operating as designed and will need to be replaced”. The sensor needs to be ordered. Hopefully it will be here sometime next week.

So it looks like it is a hardware issue in my case...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts