·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks
Where is fuse f25?
Where is the fuse box in general?

A different thread says disconnect the battery

Any idea if one approach is better.
Here’s the fuse detail. I didn’t disconnect the battery beforehand.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Disconnecting the battery disconnects ALL electric in the van.

Pulling a single fuse disconnects the power only to that one circuit, leaving the other stuff alone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Disconnecting the battery disconnects ALL electric in the van.

Pulling a single fuse disconnects the power only to that one circuit, leaving the other stuff alone.
In my mind pulling the fuse is better than pulling the battery cable. Disconnecting the battery is kind of the sledgehammer approach. You would also probably lose saved settings doing that. Better to limit what you are rebooting to the 2 things that fuse controls, the hands free sensors, and the active grill shutters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here, dealer had no clue what to do, F25 did the trick on my 2020 PacHy. Thanks all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This thread and pulling F25 has saved my sanity. We’ve had that message and beep since the last rain over a week ago. Every time it beeps I think something’s wrong and become nervous about what possible error message will pop up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New update:

I had the “wash under vehicle” message return. This time it was legitimate. I had driven 200 miles in a snowstorm and my rocker panels were covered in snow, as well as snow being caught under new the the plastic rocker covers, right next to sensor.

It took a few days for all the snow to melt out as we had a cold snap after that, message still there after it all melted.

1 week later it is warm enough to actually wash the car, message still there after that.

Thought I would give it a few drive cycles to clear. Nope, still there.

So,,, not wanting a trip to the dealer, I decided to do a little research. Bought an AlldataDIY subscription, could only get as new as a 2018, but I figured this circuit probably would not have changed. Saw that the sensors are on an isolated circuit, and that they communicate with the BCM over the LIN bus. It occurred to me that maybe it is not sending the “clear” signal. I pulled the fuse, let it sit for 10 minutes to reset, Then plugged it back in. Message gone!

It is fuse F25, which is a double fuse that also fuses the active grill shutters.

Hope this can be helpful to someone....

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 Just got a new 2021 PHEV and sure enough this sensor glitch. Vehicle was in for other warranty work (radio channels out wtf?) and I asked that this be fixed too.

Dealer had no clue what to do. Tried cleaning it inside and out and of course the issue persisted, because I had already done that. I mentioned I had seen "on a Pacifica forum" that the sensor needed to be hard reset by pulling fuse F25 and they nodded and ignored me.

Several days later they are still waiting for parts and I asked about this issue. "No.. tech can't figure it out, maybe entire sensor system needs to be replaced.. " .. I asked if they had tried resetting it by cycling the F25 fuse. nodding and ignoring the dumb consumer trying to use a tik-tok hack on a car.

You know how this story goes, right? I finally pick up the car, ask about the sensor and they STILL haven't been able to fix it, mention a notification Chrysler has sent out that the sensor has to be cleaned between the frame and the sensor itself.. uh huh. have you tried resetting it? no? how about I do that for ya.

popped the hood right there, pulled the fuse, put it back in and magic. problem fixed. I still don't think they care. If it doesn't come as an official Chrysler dispatch I might as well have Fonzie-smacked it and gotten lucky.

I wanted to press the issue and make them replace the whole thing under warranty. which would have worked because replacing it would have necessarily meant power-cycling it, but had been without the car long enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
... I pulled the fuse, let it sit for 10 minutes to reset, Then plugged it back in. Message gone!

It is fuse F25, which is a double fuse that also fuses the active grill shutters.

Thank You, Broskuski!!!!!

Pulling fuse F25 worked on my 2020 PacHy, which had the same error message after driving through some roadside puddles during a big storm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New update:

I had the “wash under vehicle” message return. This time it was legitimate. I had driven 200 miles in a snowstorm and my rocker panels were covered in snow, as well as snow being caught under new the the plastic rocker covers, right next to sensor.

It took a few days for all the snow to melt out as we had a cold snap after that, message still there after it all melted.

1 week later it is warm enough to actually wash the car, message still there after that.

Thought I would give it a few drive cycles to clear. Nope, still there.

So,,, not wanting a trip to the dealer, I decided to do a little research. Bought an AlldataDIY subscription, could only get as new as a 2018, but I figured this circuit probably would not have changed. Saw that the sensors are on an isolated circuit, and that they communicate with the BCM over the LIN bus. It occurred to me that maybe it is not sending the “clear” signal. I pulled the fuse, let it sit for 10 minutes to reset, Then plugged it back in. Message gone!

Thank you Broskuski, this worked for me.
My only question is to Chrysler ...are they working on a fix for this? Is the expectation we waste time carrying it to the dealership every time it happens?

·
Registered
2021 Pacific Hybrid Limited
12 Posts
Thanks to whoever gave the recommendation to temporarily take out the F25 fuse, which solved the problem for me. It's really easy to do: just open the power management center, use the little plastic fuse removal tool stored there, and pop out the fuse (the fuse map is in the inside of the power management cover.) The error popped up on my 2021 hybrid right after my local mechanic installed an aftermarket hitch for my bike rack. I thought initially that the mechanic may have blocked something, and I was resigned to living with the error message.

But after pulling the fuse for a couple minutes, the error message went away.

One final observation: My rear lift gate sensor has been buggy. It broke a few months after I bought the car, and the dealer installed a new one. But then after my Drawtite hitch was installed, it stopped working again. I find that the the sliding door sensors are much more useful in real life, but it wold be nice to have the lift gate sensor working. So, maybe installing the hitch did block my sensor, or maybe it just happened to break coincidentally.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I suspect tht installing the hitch may well have blocked your sensor. I put the Mopar hitch on mine, and it absolutely blocked the original sensor, but there is an available Power Liftgate Hands Free Assembly, Part Number: 68275630AI. It splits the sensor in two, and once installed, a sensor sits on each side of the receiver. It is not exactly what I would call inexpensive, listing at $240, but I have seen it online for about $160 - still somewhat pricey. It does, however, work like a champ. Mine has worked flawlessly since I installed it.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts