2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding the Pacifica. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about packages, options, purchasing, delivery time etc... You can email me at [email protected] or ask me here on the forum.
Carl, do you know what is the reason the similarly configured cars have different MSRP and "Net price" on chrysler.com?
This one's

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C4RC1N74KR645429 sticker is $250 more than this one's https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C4RC1N71KR524048
The "Net price" difference is $650

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
There appears to be a base price and destination charge increase.

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Carl, do you know what is the reason the similarly configured cars have different MSRP and "Net price" on chrysler.com?
This one's

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C4RC1N74KR645429 sticker is $250 more than this one's https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C4RC1N71KR524048
The "Net price" difference is $650
Periodically through the year Chrysler may increase the base price and destination charges for vehicles. The lower priced Pacifica had an earlier build date. You can se that there was an increase in the base price and in destination.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can you answer why some engines take 6 quarts of oil???
Your correct. Your Pacifica is 5 quarts. Some vehicles have larger oil capacities because of the type vehicle and vehicle use and engine size. For example, the Ram 1500 with the 3.6 Pentastar takes 6 quarts. The 5.7 and 6.4 engines are 7 quarts and the 3.0 liter eco diesel is 10.5 quarts

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks, Carl. It explains the $250 sticker difference, but where the extra $400 in the "net price" come from?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The net price is actually set by the dealer so it may not reflect the same difference in pricing that the MSRP does.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your correct. Your Pacifica is 5 quarts. Some vehicles have larger oil capacities because of the type vehicle and vehicle use and engine size. For example, the Ram 1500 with the 3.6 Pentastar takes 6 quarts. The 5.7 and 6.4 engines are 7 quarts and the 3.0 liter eco diesel is 10.5 quarts
Carl, the question is why some Pacifica's take 6 quarts (maybe early builds) while others take 5. The owner's manual clearly states 5 but the fact is some have required 6. My Pacifica takes 6 (May 2016 build) as documented by the dealer who did the first oil change. I did the next oil change and replaced with 6. The oil level is right at the full mark on the dip stick. This forum would appreciate an answer as to why and also pin point the build date or VINs for those that require 6.

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Carl, the question is why some Pacifica's take 6 quarts (maybe early builds) while others take 5. Thanks for you help.
Yes, this. We know a Pentastar in another application (truck, Jeep, ProVan) can have a bigger pan.
It is also known that a V8, or Diesel in a pickup will take more oil to fill.
We are asking why so many Pacificas with the same engine take either 5 or 6 quarts. Manual says 5.
Why?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yes, this. We know a Pentastar in another application (truck, Jeep, ProVan) can have a bigger pan.
We are asking why so many Pacificas with the same engine take either 5 or 6 quarts. Manual says 5.
Why?
Seriously, Carl is in sales, he can't be expected to know answers to obscure technical questions.

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Why?
Let me check with some of my techs and our Chrysler Service Rep and I'll see what I can find out

·
Registered
701 Posts
Seriously, Carl is in sales, he can't be expected to know answers to obscure technical questions.
I would think that someone who sells Chrysler products at a Chrysler dealership could ask someone at that dealership for the answer, which he as agreed to do. Who else would one ask, with all the guessing going on?
I have been in sales for 50 years, and I know all kinds of technical things about what I sell. If I don't know, I find out if a customer asks. Part of selling stuff.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The angle an intake valve seat would need to be polished to would be an obscure technical question.
Why some otherwise identical Pacifica engines take 5 quarts (as the manual says) while some take 6 is not an obscure question......

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Those were prices from Chrysler.com, not from dealers, this is why I can't figure out the difference.
Chrysler pulls their information from dealer inventory. If you notice in the upper right it says this vehicle is located at Koons Chrysler Jeep Dodge. It is just pulling the price off the Koons website.

·
Registered
192 Posts
When my custom-ordered 2019 hybrid was nearing delivery it started showing up on the website inventory search, and the price shown was a few hundred lower than other 2019 hybrids that were showing up with it. I figured it was because my price was locked in back when I ordered, before Chrysler raised their pricing slightly.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The angle an intake valve seat would need to be polished to would be an obscure technical question.
Why some otherwise identical Pacifica engines take 5 quarts (as the manual says) while some take 6 is not an obscure question......
I agree that it is something a mechanic should now, but not anyone on a sales floor. Sales persons need to know what is written in the user manual. People selling enthusiast cars should know more, but we are talking about a minivan...
Chrysler pulls their information from dealer inventory. If you notice in the upper right it says this vehicle is located at Koons Chrysler Jeep Dodge. It is just pulling the price off the Koons website.
Thank you.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
18 Participants
Metsno1fan
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing