2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree that it is something a mechanic should now, but not anyone on a sales floor. Sales persons need to know what is written in the user manual. People selling enthusiast cars should know more, but we are talking about a minivan...

Thank you.
The salesman that sold us our PacHy could not even demonstrate how to remove the 2nd row seats!

·
Registered
701 Posts
When I first looked at Pacificas, the dealer I visited had one on the floor. I asked, "how does the tailgate open?". He showed me how to squeeze the handle. Didn't work. He then said, "Battery must be dead or something", and walked away. I was stunned.
All kinds of salesmen. Some good, some bad. But having done it for a lifetime, I know a good one never says "I don't know".
He says, "I don't know, but I will find out".

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would think that someone who sells Chrysler products at a Chrysler dealership could ask someone at that dealership for the answer, which he as agreed to do. Who else would one ask, with all the guessing going on?
I have been in sales for 50 years, and I know all kinds of technical things about what I sell. If I don't know, I find out if a customer asks. Part of selling stuff.

Here is what I found out and I don't know if it's going to help answer the question. First, Chrysler states that all Pacificas require 5 quarts of oil. There is no difference in models or gas or Hybrid. That being said, I spoke with a few of our technicians. They always put 6 quarts in because they feel that 5 quarts is not sufficient. When we do oil changes that are covered by the Chrysler Maintenance Program we always claim 6 quarts when we file the claim with Chrylser to get reimbursed and have never been denied. I know it doesn't answer the question fully but it really is a gray area.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here is what I found out and I don't know if it's going to help answer the question. First, Chrysler states that all Pacificas require 5 quarts of oil. There is no difference in models or gas or Hybrid. That being said, I spoke with a few of our technicians. They always put 6 quarts in because they feel that 5 quarts is not sufficient. When we do oil changes that are covered by the Chrysler Maintenance Program we always claim 6 quarts when we file the claim with Chrylser to get reimbursed and have never been denied. I know it doesn't answer the question fully but it really is a gray area.
I appreciate your looking into the question.
Strange.:confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
especially strange since they tell you not to overfill the oil...
Page 494 of manual:
• Overfilling or underfilling will cause oil aeration, or
loss of oil pressure. This could damage your engine.
That is what I was thinking and, with 6 quarts of oil, the level is right at the full mark on my Pacifica. I'll put in 5 quarts at the next oil change and check the level before adding the 6th quart.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That is what I was thinking and, with 6 quarts of oil, the level is right at the full mark on my Pacifica. I'll put in 5 quarts at the next oil change and check the level before adding the 6th quart.
Yup. And mine is right at the full mark with 5 quarts US.
They must have different pans.
I believe that engine in a RAM truck is a 6 qt oil change.

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
When my custom-ordered 2019 hybrid was nearing delivery it started showing up on the website inventory search, and the price shown was a few hundred lower than other 2019 hybrids that were showing up with it. I figured it was because my price was locked in back when I ordered, before Chrysler raised their pricing slightly.
You are correct. The prices that appear on a dealer website are set based on percentages of vehicle price. When you factory order a Pacifica you lock in the MSRP and Invoice on the vehicle. This is known as price protection. Stock ordered vehicles are not price protected so their pricing is subject to the manufacturers price increases.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wife has '18 Pacifica TL+. Is there a way to order a gas Pacifica Limited (for me) and:
1. DELETE the power third row seats (prefer manual)
2. Order the Toffee/Cognac interior (absolutely hate black carpet)

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Wife has '18 Pacifica TL+. Is there a way to order a gas Pacifica Limited (for me) and:
1. DELETE the power third row seats (prefer manual)
2. Order the Toffee/Cognac interior (absolutely hate black carpet)
Unfortunatlely, even as a factory order, there is no way to delete the power folding third row seat or order Toffee/Cognac Interior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I put this in my introduction but this seems like a good place as well. I'm getting a check engine light and it delivers the fault codes P26FD and P3074; I can't find what these mean anywhere. Have you seen this before? Is it a Hybrid specific code?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hello,

I put this in my introduction but this seems like a good place as well. I'm getting a check engine light and it delivers the fault codes P26FD and P3074; I can't find what these mean anywhere. Have you seen this before? Is it a Hybrid specific code?
Better ask in the technical threads.

P26FD-00 - AC COMPRESSOR INTERNAL CONTROL MODULE PERFORMANCE
Possible Causes
NO FAULT
UNDER VOLTAGE
OVER VOLTAGE
OVER TEMPERATURE
INPUT CONTROL
CURRENT FAULT
INTERNAL FAULT
ROTOR LOCK
LOSS OF COMMUNICATION WITH HCP (PIM)
LOSS OF COMMUNICATION WITH OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE (ORC)

P3074-EVAP SYSTEM PRESSURE SENSOR/ SWITCH RATIONALITY
Possible Causes
HIGH RESISTANCE IN THE 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
HIGH RESISTANCE IN THE FUEL TANK PRESSURE SIGNAL CIRCUIT
HIGH RESISTANCE IN THE SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, my 2005 Sienna is on it’s last legs and I’m looking into a used Pacifica. I’ve seen a couple ‘17 & ‘18s that I like and are in my budget.

I’ve browsed around a little bit but is there anything I should be aware of that might effect one year over the other? I’m leaning towards an ‘18 because I love CarPlay, and looks like even changing out the ‘17’s radio with the ‘18 wont work, correct?

Also anyone have any experience with the 8th seat? Looks like a great option to play around with seating configurations.

Thanks!!!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
18 Participants
Metsno1fan
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing