2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a used 2017 Pacifica w/ 31k miles. 2 days in we noticed the very hard shifting when slowly accelerating from a stop; usually around 10-15mph. Car almost comes to a complete stop before going into 2nd gear.

We took the car to the dealer but did not have time to stick around to test drive the vehicle w/ the mechanic & picked it up after service hours. My wife picked up the vehicle and still felt the same hard shifting before even leaving the parking lot.

I've attached a picture of the invoice from the dealer. The invoice states they did not feel the problem. No codes or TSBs present (what is a TSB?), and they performed TCM update & a quick learn. I'm not sure what any of that means, but I've read on other threads that a common fix for this problem is clearing transmission adaptations...was that either of the updates performed on my van?

I've also noticed a 2nd issue which I assume is tied in with the hard shifting. If I am coasting, say coming up to a red light, I can feel the van being slowed by something, almost as if I gently had my foot on the break, and then the van will shift down a gear and will freely coast again. Would this be part of the same issue?

What should my next coarse of action be? Try to schedule maintenance when I can drive along with a technician? What are some things I can do or mention? I'm very nervous this will be a lasting issue. I have twins that have spent almost 2 months now in the NICU and will be coming home in a couple weeks. Really hope this can be resolved by then 😕

Could someone tag Chrysler Cares in here for me or show me how to direct message them. Sorry, new here!

Thanks in advance!
-Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
We bought a used 2017 Pacifica w/ 31k miles. 2 days in we noticed the very hard shifting when slowly accelerating from a stop; usually around 10-15mph. Car almost comes to a complete stop before going into 2nd gear.

We took the car to the dealer but did not have time to stick around to test drive the vehicle w/ the mechanic & picked it up after service hours. My wife picked up the vehicle and still felt the same hard shifting before even leaving the parking lot.

I've attached a picture of the invoice from the dealer. The invoice states they did not feel the problem. No codes or TSBs present (what is a TSB?), and they performed TCM update & a quick learn. I'm not sure what any of that means, but I've read on other threads that a common fix for this problem is clearing transmission adaptations...was that either of the updates performed on my van?

I've also noticed a 2nd issue which I assume is tied in with the hard shifting. If I am coasting, say coming up to a red light, I can feel the van being slowed by something, almost as if I gently had my foot on the break, and then the van will shift down a gear and will freely coast again. Would this be part of the same issue?

What should my next coarse of action be? Try to schedule maintenance when I can drive along with a technician? What are some things I can do or mention? I'm very nervous this will be a lasting issue. I have twins that have spent almost 2 months now in the NICU and will be coming home in a couple weeks. Really hope this can be resolved by then 😕

Could someone tag Chrysler Cares in here for me or show me how to direct message them. Sorry, new here!

Thanks in advance!
-Adam
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the twins. So sorry they've been in NICU for two months. I can understand your concern about getting this van issues resolved before they come home.

To contact @ChryslerCares click on the red letters and send them a private message with your VIN and they can work with the dealer to help you resolve the problem.

"Quick relearn" might be part of clearing the adaptations. See the post below and take a copy of it to the dealer.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/10073-hard-shift-post538613.html#post538613

The good new is that resetting the transmission adaptations may help, the bad news is that you may have to have it done again. I haven't had the valve body replaced yet, just the transmission adaptations reset twice in the 32,000 miles I've had my van. There was also a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the transmission on my van. When was your build date (on driver's door). A TSB is only done as needed and isn't the same as a recall.

I didn't have your second issue with my transmission issues so it might be something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts