2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I’m still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
We really like everything about it, but this makes me so nervous.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a problem with 2020 limited. Purchased 2021 touring L, not problems. Brother has 2021 touring L , 11k miles, no problem

Seems like limited is having more problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
39 Posts
We have 1300 miles on ours. We've experienced the no-start issue about half a dozen times, but it has always started again within a minute, and we haven't experienced it in a week or two now since we took note to slow down how quickly we start the vehicle after un-plugging it (literally just putting our seatbelt on first seems to be long enough). Waiting to hear if the recent software update some have gotten fixes it. Otherwise no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a problem with 2020 limited. Purchased 2021 touring L, not problems. Brother has 2021 touring L , 11k miles, no problem

Seems like limited is having more problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, seems similar to me. I would prefer a Touring-L, but can’t find any in our area. The dealership we’re going to today has 2 Limiteds and a Touring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have 1300 miles on ours. We've experienced the no-start issue about half a dozen times, but it has always started again within a minute, and we haven't experienced it in a week or two now since we took note to slow down how quickly we start the vehicle after un-plugging it (literally just putting our seatbelt on first seems to be long enough). Waiting to hear if the recent software update some have gotten fixes it. Otherwise no issues.
what trim do you have?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
28 Posts
I've had the fail-to-start issues a handful of times with my Hybrid Touring L, but I've learned to get around it with the various fixes mentioned on the forum. Aside from that, no issues. Only 3k miles so far. Despite the fail-to-start, I would still buy another one today if I had to. I've only put gas in it 3 times in nearly 5 months. We drive very little miles, mostly local (<30 miles/day), so it's perfect for us.

Reactions: qsback

·
Registered
799 Posts
I've had a Pinnacle for about 6 weeks. We discovered the "won't start/have to open the driver door then wait" issue twice, immediately after installing and using an L2 EVSE; given that's repeatable and we know what it is, it's not a problem.

We're 650 miles away on vacation, have been for two weeks. No problems. We now have 2100 miles on it.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
70 Posts
I've had a few problems on our 2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid with 2600 miles
1) Issue with remote start that would give a non-sensical error related to HVAC that gave a Service Hybrid System and Check Engine light. Dealer had to replace a wiring harness
2) Issue with "no start" where the vehicle wont actually start and wont shift into gear with a flashing gear icon. Has happened twice now.

#1 above was just a factory defect. #2 is a software issue that "Chrysler is aware and working on". Otherwise its been fine and in my opinion "standard chrysler things".

Edit: I will say, we do really like the van. We recently went 1020 miles on a tank of gas as we charge at home and daily trips are ~33 miles total. 76.7ish MPG and just a few bucks in electricity.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,163 Posts
We’re planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I’m still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
We really like everything about it, but this makes me so nervous.
As you can see from the responses so far, you are not getting replies saying no issues at all. That can be because generally only owners with issues will sign up on this kind of forum. There are many thousands of owners with no problems, but we just do not hear from them.
The odds are in your favour of getting a trouble free vehicle. But then again if you have my kind of luck........

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
167 Posts
I've had exactly one problem with mine, the on-board charger gave out after 1.5 weeks of ownership. Took a little while to replace as the part was back-ordered, but the car was drivable in hybrid mode in the meantime. No further issues since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had a Pinnacle for about 6 weeks. We discovered the "won't start/have to open the driver door then wait" issue twice, immediately after installing and using an L2 EVSE; given that's repeatable and we know what it is, it's not a problem.

We're 650 miles away on vacation, have been for two weeks. No problems. We now have 2100 miles on it.
that’s good to know. How is the L2 working out for you? We’re planning to install one. How has the L2 affected the no start issue? Do you have to wait after unplugging to start?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As you can see from the responses so far, you are not getting replies saying no issues at all. That can be because generally only owners with issues will sign up on this kind of forum. There are many thousands of owners with no problems, but we just do not hear from them.
The odds are in your favour of getting a trouble free vehicle. But then again if you have my kind of luck........
yea, i know the posts and responses are biased towards owners with issues. I mean, I came searching for issues and found them :)

my main goal is to get 10 pretty good years out of it. My mother in law is on year 4 with her 2017 Pacifica and she loves it. No major issues.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
167 Posts
that’s good to know. How is the L2 working out for you? We’re planning to install one. How has the L2 affected the no start issue? Do you have to wait after unplugging to start?
You should read the other thread, but from most reports there doesn't seem to be any relationship between L1/L2 and that issue; it's just timing. @adam1991 probably noticed it more after installing a L2 charger because it changed his habitual timing for things.

As for your question "do you have to wait", it seems that the time it takes for me to coil back the cable is enough (about 10-15 seconds), because I never get the issue.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts

Have you tried plugging the van in after closing the driver door and then locking king the door from the fob

·
Registered
799 Posts
76.7ish MPG and just a few bucks in electricity.
Have you figured out or estimated your incremental electric costs? Compared to what it would be for gas?

·
Registered
799 Posts
9,000 miles so far. Nothing debilitating. Just a few annoying software issues.
you know, my wife--who chose this van, and I appreciate the choice because I really wanted a hybrid--began her relationship with it by acknowledging to me the "rolling smartphone" aspect of the whole thing, and her deliberate choice not to freak out at every little quirk. She's allowing the van to have quirks. So far, nothing we've found has risen above the "so she's quirky" level.

And we all know, software gets updated. Have we manually had to close the liftgate because the button didn't work? Yup. Quirk. Report it to the dealer and get it in the system.

That's just one example.

·
Registered
799 Posts
L2 seems to be fine, although we got it installed only 4 days before we left for vacation. The first 2 days after install is when we left it plugged in overnight and came out the next morning to discover the "won't start" issue as well as the (simple and quick) process to get it going again. The issue never happened with the L1 EVSE being left connected overnight.

And I think just giving it a good pause after unplugging it before getting in and starting it might be the key, I dunno. I'll find that out when I get back.

I have 24 amps available to me, which goes to a 3.5 hour full charge time.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
70 Posts
Charging for 11 hours (on average) on 120v is, 1.444KW * 11H * .0825/KWH = $1.31 daily for a round trip.
Previous vehicle was 21MPG @ $3.50 (average, required premium), $3.5 * 1.33 (roughly 33 miles daily) = $4.655 daily

So far, monthly drive is 6 days a week, 24 days a month.
24 days * $1.31 daily cost = $31.44
24 days * $4.655 daily cost = $111.72

These are averages, but its safe to say that the Pacifica is about 1/3 the cost to drive than the previous vehicle. This is based on trip averages for the past 2 months and is definitely +/- 10%.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts