2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

Super Moderator

Registered
I had failed to start once last week. Took it in a few days ago for the software upgrade and it has not happened again. No other problems.
Was that the HCP/AHCP TSB 08-091-21 and the PCM TSB 18-051-21?

Registered
It's not weirdness if it's in the manual. 馃榿
Ah, but it ISN'T in the manual. The manual says:

If the liftgate is left open for an extended period of time, the liftgate may need to be closed manually to reset power liftgate functionality.

It will need this "manual close/reset" procedure without an extended period of time.

Unless you count 30 seconds to mean "extended".

In which case, it's STILL not behaving per the manual, because I can show you a 45 minute open time where the timeout does not happen.

So regardless, it's not behaving as per the manual...

Registered
Was that the HCP/AHCP TSB 08-091-21 and the PCM TSB 18-051-21?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Then don't get the hybrid. It definitely has more issues. Just count the posts on this forum. Chrysler builds far fewer hybrids, yet more hybrid issues show up here. Also, stay away from the Theater Package. It's a source of issues also.

If you're thinking 10 years, keep it simple.
I totally agree on the keep it simple part; however the hybrid part is 90% of the reason we鈥檙e interested in it. We鈥檙e too tall for the Sienna Hybrid, so that鈥檚 not an option.

Too late anyways, we ended up buying an Ocean Blue Limited. Very happy with it so far on the 100 mile drive home from the dealership. It鈥檚 so much more comfortable than the Suburban we鈥檙e coming from. It鈥檚 charging in the garage now. Hopefully all goes well in the morning!

Registered
We have only had our limited 2020 hybrid for 8000 miles. Around 5k we had an issue with it not driving above 15 mph so the dealer took it for a week to find the problem. They determined it was software, updated it then gave it back. That weekend the same issue popped up and they checked again but this time they determined it was the transmission. They had it for 6 weeks but had to completely swap it out for a new one. So far it hasn鈥檛 given us any other issues.

Registered
No problem, adam 1991, with the liftgate closing at the touch of a button and it has been open for varying amounts of time. The location of the button (on the left rather than the liftgate itself) is irritating though.

Registered
Have you figured out or estimated your incremental electric costs? Compared to what it would be for gas?
I charge my van on time of use so the cost of electricity is lower at about $0.05/kWh. My cost is about $0.60 for the same miles as a gallon of gas. It really can't be beat. It is funny how many people just don't understand PHEV when we are talking about it. You almost have to tell them "there is a magical gasoline maker in the garage that gives me a gallon if I leave it alone for two hours."

Registered
The location of the button (on the left rather than the liftgate itself) is irritating though.
Unless you're short, like many women.

Then the location is a godsend.

Registered
Charging for 11 hours (on average) on 120v is, 1.444KW * 11H * .0825/KWH = $1.31 daily for a round trip.
Previous vehicle was 21MPG @ $3.50 (average, required premium), $3.5 * 1.57 (roughly 33 miles daily) = $ 5.50 daily

So far, monthly drive is 6 days a week, 24 days a month.
24 days * $1.31 daily cost = $31.44
24 days * $5.50 daily cost = $132
Fixed it for you. $100/m savings.

Registered
My most significant issue hasn't been reliability at all --that has been rock solid-- for me it's the user experience aspect of uconnect halfway dying and preventing me from accessing all uconnect related settings.
"Luckily" backup cameras are a redundant system that still works when shifting to reverse, and I can access some comfort options bc I had added them to my main screen.
Oh, and a while back my hybrid info section disappeared in uconnect.
Date with the dealer set for next weekend, hope a software reset or update can get me back on the road with full functionality.

Registered
We鈥檙e planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I鈥檓 still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
We really like everything about it, but this makes me so nervous.
Hope you didn鈥檛 do it! I have less than 2000 miles on mine and it鈥檚 in the shop again for continued charge faults.
it started when we got it home from the dealer and plugged in for the first time. We took it to a EV Go charger and it starting accepting a charge after that.
Then it started saying I needed to unplug and check the charging cord. This was while driving 30 mph!
It makes whining and motor noises when in the garage, unplugged and turned off. I鈥檓 really afraid of it catching fire.
It鈥檚 been in the shop since last week with no update. I get notifications on my phone that it鈥檚 throwing faults continuously.
I got burned with the Jeep eco diesel and can鈥檛 believe I fell for another FC scam.

Registered
Yes, I would say selling me a car that cheated emissions and then spent more time in the shop after the 鈥渇ix鈥 than on the road, and refusing to honor a written warrantee was a scam.
selling me another car that started having problems as soon as I got it home seems to be headed the same direction.

Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
I've had a little weirdness and issues that all seem to be around the Uconnect. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that the pandemic caused them to not release this on time and bug free. Sirius stopped working and I had to do a factory reset on the radio to get it back. Sometimes Android Auto has issues. Limited trim, no theater package or anything except the sunroof. Overall I'm still happy with the car because there's a lot of stuff I like or enjoy about the car versus the issues I dislike or I'm waiting for a software update to be released and fix.

Registered
We鈥檝e had our 2021 PacHy Limited about 6 weeks. 2400 miles now. Just drove it from
TX to MN last week. Going back to TX in 2 days. Haven鈥檛 had one significant issue with it at all.

Going to go and find some wood to knock on now that I鈥檝e written this.

Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
Y'all are making me glad I bought a new 2020 on sale a year ago. The rear liftgate kick-sensor responds maybe 50% of the time (or 0% if my hands are full), but other than that... 11k miles with no other mechanical or electrical problems. Even the theater package has been solid!

(slowly slinks away to knock on wood)

41 - 60 of 92 Posts