2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
8.25 cents/KWH? That's your full entire rate?

I'm jealous. Mine is about 12 cents. $0.0444 is the third party supply rate, with the rest being the power company generation and transmission stuff.
Ya , here it is 7,12 and that is canadian dollars. So about 6 cents a kwh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unless you're short, like many women.

Then the location is a godsend.
No kidding. I've never understood this complaint. Why would anyone put it on the tailgate? Besides being short, you might have your hands full and don't want to lift everything over your head to get to the button.

Btw, 2021 limited S, 2300 miles (yes still in its infancy) and no issues. I look forward to driving it every day. Ask me again at 150k :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm tall, and I don't understand the objection myself. Why do I care whether it's on the pillar or on the bottom of the tailgate?

you might have your hands full and don't want to lift everything over your head to get to the button.
yes, there's that. Absolutely.

Btw, 2021 limited S, 2300 miles (yes still in its infancy) and no issues.
have you heard the grinding noise that sometimes happens at ICE startup?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm tall, and I don't understand the objection myself. Why do I care whether it's on the pillar or on the bottom of the tailgate?

yes, there's that. Absolutely.

have you heard the grinding noise that sometimes happens at ICE startup?
No I haven't had anything like that. Engine start is mostly imperceptible until it revs a bit

·
Registered
6 Posts
1500 miles in on a 2021 limited. Only problem is liftgate button doesn’t work if we leave it open too long.

We’re planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I’m still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
We really like everything about it, but this makes me so nervous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had a few minor quirks like tailgate timeout and fail to start but have found workarounds. Electricity is so expensive where I live ($0.35 KWh) that the plug in does not save me any money but I enjoy the convenience of charging from home. Less than 3k miles so far and love the van.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
I have had a few minor quirks like tailgate timeout and fail to start but have found workarounds. Electricity is so expensive where I live ($0.35 KWh) that the plug in does not save me any money but I enjoy the convenience of charging from home. Less than 3k miles so far and love the van.
Holy moly. What state?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Charging for 11 hours (on average) on 120v is, 1.444KW * 11H * .0825/KWH = $1.31 daily for a round trip.
Previous vehicle was 21MPG @ $3.50 (average, required premium), $3.5 * 1.33 (roughly 33 miles daily) = $4.655 daily

So far, monthly drive is 6 days a week, 24 days a month.
24 days * $1.31 daily cost = $31.44
24 days * $4.655 daily cost = $111.72

These are averages, but its safe to say that the Pacifica is about 1/3 the cost to drive than the previous vehicle. This is based on trip averages for the past 2 months and is definitely +/- 10%.
What a great electric rate! Our rate is about 19 cents per kWh.

So we have:

11 hrs x 1.440 kW x $0.19 / kWh = $3.01 to drive about 34 miles, which works out to 8.8 cents per mile.

Comparing this against the van’s published gas-only mpg of 30 mpg I get:
$3.20 / 30 = 10.6 cents per mile.

(gas is about $3.20 per gallon near me).

Even if it wasn’t cheaper the convenience of plugging in is wonderful!

Also we are installing solar panels along with a level two charger this summer, so that should help tremendously.

Back to the OP - we’ve had the no start issue happened one time and we have 1447 miles in the van. It was very worrisome and lasted about 15 minutes. But even with that issue we absolutely love this van. We reported the issue and one of the forum members thinks there might be a software update, which fixes it. I think the verdict still may be out on that, but hopefully it’s just a matter of time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
We’re planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I’m still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
I have not had one issue. Owned mine for 6 about 6 months. Absolutely love it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had mine since February , No problems at all including a couple of road trips

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have had a few minor quirks
My wife, from day 1, announced that she understood how computerized this thing is--and is perfectly willing to accept some "quirks". Liftgate button timeout, sometimes the system doesn't recognize her key and set the seat when she unlocks, etc, etc. Quirks. I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. We had a bad no start problem on our 2018 way back before they updated software. Towed it to the dealer and they cleared ODB error codes and all was fine. Our 2021 limited has been nothing but good for a year now. Based on the old problem I recommend everyone get a little bluetooth ODB reader and download Carista on their phone. It will report and clear chk engine light errors. Our 2021 is great, and no more worries on our 2018 either. We love recharging in 2 hours or less with a level 2 charger plugged into a 220 outlet as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have the Pinnacle trim and have had a variety of the issues noted throughout (within 1600 miles). It seems that almost all of our issues and others are quirky software issues and none are serious or would prevent me from purchasing the same vehicle again. It just depends on how tolerable you are to those issues.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
California. PG&E has a monopoly on utilities. They are publicly owned and very much FOR PROFIT. I pay 29cents kwh for delivery and 6 cents for generation. Its absurd but gas is also over $4/gallon so there's that.
Wow that's insane. Yeah I was in Healdsburg NorCal a couple of months back and 87 was $3.85. It almost cost $100.00 to fill up the rental Durango. That hurt. Can't beat the scenery though. Went up to Tahoe and it was beautiful.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Holy moly. What state?
My peak pricing today from 4 PM to 6 PM was $0.44 KWh. The built-in charging schedule works as well as my 2018 did. I have it set to not charge from 2 PM to 7 PM Monday through Friday. Anytime not in that range it is $0.05 KWh.

Reactions: irpilot

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the various concerns that some of you have been noticing with your vehicles. If you're having any concerns with your vehicle's performance or Uconnect system, please do not hesitate to let us know! Although we can offer additional support alongside your dealer visits, we can also look into any questions that you might have as well!

I hope you have a great weekend,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have my 2021 Pacifica hybrid since 12/2020 and love it especially with gas prices going up😊

61 - 80 of 92 Posts