2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Has anyone gotten a 2021 PacHy and NOT had problems?

20K views 120 replies 50 participants last post by  NeverAgain 
#1 ·
We’re planning on buying a 2021 PacHy this morning, but I’m still so nervous. Are there any success stories? I see a lot of issues coming up, the not starting issue, not charging, etc.
We really like everything about it, but this makes me so nervous.

#60 ·
Y'all are making me glad I bought a new 2020 on sale a year ago. The rear liftgate kick-sensor responds maybe 50% of the time (or 0% if my hands are full), but other than that... 11k miles with no other mechanical or electrical problems. Even the theater package has been solid!

(slowly slinks away to knock on wood)

Reactions: irpilot
#66 ·
I have had a few minor quirks like tailgate timeout and fail to start but have found workarounds. Electricity is so expensive where I live ($0.35 KWh) that the plug in does not save me any money but I enjoy the convenience of charging from home. Less than 3k miles so far and love the van.

#67 ·
Holy moly. What state?

#74 ·
Hi. We had a bad no start problem on our 2018 way back before they updated software. Towed it to the dealer and they cleared ODB error codes and all was fine. Our 2021 limited has been nothing but good for a year now. Based on the old problem I recommend everyone get a little bluetooth ODB reader and download Carista on their phone. It will report and clear chk engine light errors. Our 2021 is great, and no more worries on our 2018 either. We love recharging in 2 hours or less with a level 2 charger plugged into a 220 outlet as well

#78 ·
#75 ·
We have the Pinnacle trim and have had a variety of the issues noted throughout (within 1600 miles). It seems that almost all of our issues and others are quirky software issues and none are serious or would prevent me from purchasing the same vehicle again. It just depends on how tolerable you are to those issues.

#79 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the various concerns that some of you have been noticing with your vehicles. If you're having any concerns with your vehicle's performance or Uconnect system, please do not hesitate to let us know! Although we can offer additional support alongside your dealer visits, we can also look into any questions that you might have as well!

I hope you have a great weekend,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

#81 ·
It's kinda hard to say "I push the lift gate button after being up for 2 minutes and then I have to manually close it" as being a PROBLEM. Especially when I consider the 32-mile electric driving range, quietness of the cabin, better handling, and better acceleration.

We've owned a 2010/2014 Town & Country Limited, and 2018 Pacifica Limited, and the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited is by far a much superior vehicle. Hybrid is the way to go, it is much better than the non-hybrid model, primarily in the ways I just listed above. It is a fantastic vehicle as a daily driver or for long trips. My wife loves her 2021 Hybrid Limited.

#82 ·
It's kinda hard to say "I push the lift gate button after being up for 2 minutes and then I have to manually close it" as being a PROBLEM.
I agree. It's a quirk, and it's something they can easily fix in software. Our obligation is to report it and make Chrysler understand that we're paying attention.

I'm sure people put up with far more quirkiness than this on their smartphones.

#84 ·
But you count on it WAY more than you do the quirky features in your van.

If I took your van away, you could function. If I took your phone away...

#90 ·
The fact is, the vast majority of PacHys have been okay. Unfortunately, in this day and age where almost all vehicles are virtually bullet-proof, those statistics aren't very good. Someone has been doing a review of Manheim auction vehicles and, when comparing the number of lemon-lawed PacHys with those for sale that are not (which doesn't really mean the latter are fine, either), it comes out to something like 10% had issues that could not be fixed. If that figure carries over to actual production, it means the chances of getting a truly bad PacHy comes out to one in ten. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

#91 ·
I just got back from bringing my 2021 Limited to the dealership - TSBs 08-091-21 and 18-051-21 have been upgraded from TSBs to RRTs, which basically means they're more urgent/important but not at the level of a recall yet. The RRT numbers are 21-062 and 21-063, which cover the following updates:

BPCM (Battery Pack Control Module): part number 05193183, update to version AE (I previously had version AD)
PCM (Powertrain Control Module): part number 68499122, update to version AE (I previously had version AD)
HCP (Hybrid Control Processor): part number 05185116, update to version AH (I previously had version AF)
AHCP (Auxiliary Hybrid Control Processor): part number 05185117, update to version AH (I previously had version AF)

There's also now a fix for the liftgate not closing when you hit the button to close it - I don't have a TSB number for that but it involves another update:

PLGM (Power Lift Gate Module): part number 68466171, update to version AI (I previously had version AG)

My build date is November 2020, so the exact updates necessary for your Pacifica may be different than mine. I hope that helps folks who are having problems! Your dealership should be able to see the updates in wiTECH, which is one of Chrysler's systems for diagnosing/troubleshooting vehicles.

#92 ·
3500 miles in 3 1/2 months. 2021 Limited hybrid plug-in. This is my third one after a 2018 and a 2019. Absolutely no problem so far on the 2021. 2019 was pretty flawless also. 2018 had some issues, but always ran. Very happy with 2021 and plan on keeping this a long time. I take out the middle seats and fold flat the rear seats, there’s a massive amount of space. One could even use it for camping and sleeping in. I permanently leave out the middle seats and they’re just stored in the garage. Our big dogs love the space. So very comfortable with all the features and options.

#94 ·
Hello,
We’ve got a 2020 Hybrid Limted/Touring and we love it! Bought it in Texas and drove up to Alaska. No issues with starting or charging, but we’ve never tried starting and such too quickly after plugging in or unplugging…only issue we ran into was car play but that was quickly solved and cover by warranty (replaced the main media module).

#95 ·
I finally took my first long trip. The ride home was 230 miles, hybrid only, all freeway, ac running constantly and 31 mpg. I was taking it easy around 72-73, which I have found was the limit of the highway sweet spot on my t&c. I did encounter my first Uconnect bug as the navi map stopped showing in split screen (home) view. Anyone encounter same? Worked fine on main screen at least.

#111 ·
@js607191,
Has this concern occurred since this incident?

I'll have to look up my build date, but I'm not sure how to do that. My 2021 is still in the shop, waiting for a backordered charging module. Tomorrow makes 30 days out of service.
@NeverAgain,
Please feel free to follow up privately in order to look further into part delay.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

#96 ·
Tell me about a 2021 that doesn't have issues.

The folks on this forum reporting no problems seem to be running 2020's. The more recently sold vehicles I've seen on the road (judged by dealer adverts in license plateholders, and license plate numbering) all seem to be 2020's.

By the way, 10% as aforementioned isn't great.

#100 ·
I'll have to look up my build date, but I'm not sure how to do that.
The sticker on the drive's door shows that.

My 2021 is still in the shop, waiting for a backordered charging module. Tomorrow makes 30 days out of service.
you know, in other times that would be meaningful. In times like this, with no cars available, what's the point of pursuing lemon law buyback? You'll just be forced to find another vehicle--which at best would be very expensive.

A charging module can go bad, just like any component in any car. Maybe a little squeaking will get some grease for that wheel--or at least a firmer date of availability.

Are you driving a loaner, at least?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.