2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get going with the spring clean up I purchased a Bagster. Its 8x4 footprint matches the interior dimension of the van with all seats folded. I cut the rear wall for loading and bumper protection and used the hanger hooks to keep the Bagster upright.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice. So what's going in it?

Reactions: Longtimemopar

·
Registered
333 Posts
stop-eject, that is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. If the load is not too heavy, one should be able to slide the whole bag out with the load to make unloading easy. No scraping of the inside walls of the van.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nice thanks for the info. This is what makes this forum a great place!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Very Smart Idea

Reactions: stop-eject

·
Registered
1 Posts
stop-eject, that is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. If the load is not too heavy, one should be able to slide the whole bag out with the load to make unloading easy. No scraping of the inside walls of the van.
Reverse at speed with hatch open, slam on brakes, bag and entire load ejects without lifting a finger!:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you get that Bagster down to a reasonable size after it is used a few times?
I didn't even try to fold the Bagster completely flat. Folded it few times along visible creases and stuffed it in a large reusable shopping bag.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's perfect. $30 to protect the inside of your van is money well spent. I'll keep this in mind the next time my wife is "on one" and wants to get rid of all the stuff she bought.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well, several guys on this forum have been looking for a way to test their FCW. A little stiffining cardboard to keep it standing and ... whammo!

Just a thought...NOT a suggestion. NO, I'm not going first. The MythBusters would definitely do it.

Reactions: stop-eject

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use my van for landfill runs. I have a similar (but not nearly as clean) solution with a large tarp...the bagster is genius and I WILL be stealing this idea!

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
90 Posts
Looks like something that would have come in handy for Tony Soprano, for his Escalade ESV when he had to get rid of a "messy one"...

Reactions: Longtimemopar

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to change the thread but have another question that crept in to my head after reading this thread. It's spring and time to spread mulch, if I fold all seats down and spread bags of mulch evenly throughout the cargo area, what do you suppose is the weight limit of how many bags I could haul? Let's say for argument sake the bags weigh 25lbs each??

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Not to change the thread but have another question that crept in to my head after reading this thread. It's spring and time to spread mulch, if I fold all seats down and spread bags of mulch evenly throughout the cargo area, what do you suppose is the weight limit of how many bags I could haul? Let's say for argument sake the bags weigh 25lbs each??
Funny you mention mulch, I just went to Home Depot the other day and picked up 5 bags ($2 each). Obviously the Pac has A LOT more space than I needed for 5 bags...

20180406_103634_HDR_ed by LC Turnatrax, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 34 Posts