2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trying to manage that short little wire and get it reconnected is the biggest pain in the ass of the entire process!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Informative post. Thanks, everyone. My '17 Limited with 36k has the driver's low beam bulb starting to dim and slightly flicker. I assume that is a sign of bulb failure?

Someone mentioned a ballast - could that be the problem instead? Should I begin with the bulb first? And - really? - I need to do BOTH headlights?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe the ballast is built in to the square can at the base of the bulb assembly. Replace your low beam bulb now, the dimming and flicker is the kiss of death. Post 39 has my video tips.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks mguerra. Your video was excellent. Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Did you do the driver's side bulb as well? Was it easier or harder than the passenger side?

·
Registered
73 Posts
A note to anyone looking to replace their HID lights with "brighter bluer" lights: please don't. You will annoy, and possibly temporarily diminish the vision of oncoming drivers.

The anatomy of the human eye is too complex to delve into here, but the gist is that we have far wider and more sensitive vision for blue light than for light in the warmer parts of the spectrum. In other words, a blue light will appear brighter in your peripheral vision than will a warmer light. As we age past 40, our reaction to this glare becomes slower.

The engineers who design auto lighting are well aware of this, and choose lights accordingly. If you have a Pacifica that is not a Limited, upgrade to the same OEM lights as the Limited (they are really nice!), but avoid those higher color temperature lights. Some European countries have already banned them.
So what is the OEM color temp? 4300K or 6000K?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone said the driver side is easier, I have not done it. You don't HAVE to do both sides, it's just a way to be sure to get the same color temp on both sides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to replace the driver's side low beam HID bulb. I turned the DS3 box counterclockwise and it just came right off the bulb. I cannot get the bulb to budge... I jammed my phone down there and got this pic, any idea what I do to get this darn thing out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright, learned a few more things. First, if I kept twisting even after the silver DS3 housing released from the bulb the bulb will twist a tad further and release. Second, getting a standard DS3 bulb in there with that tiny little pigtail of a cord is virtually impossible. I gave up, it was clearly designed for a 2 piece bulb which I intend to order. The part I took off was extremely easy to get on and off as a heads up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will take some pictures tonight or tomorrow but if you buy a Wagner D3S bulb to replace the burnt out one your experience will be much better. You can seat the bulb, twist counter clockwise and the part that plugs in comes off by design. You plug it in, twist it back on and your done.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts