2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there supposed to be a backlight for the headlight switch so that you can see it at night? I thought those controls used to be lit so that you could easily see the knob to turn on the headlights/parking lights/or auto function as well as the dimmer switch for the dash and interior lights. It is no longer illuminated and I asked about it at the dealership. First the guy said it doesn't light up, then checked and agreed I was right, but they had to order the part. They replaced the part yesterday and last night while driving, still no backlight on the switch. Am I remembering this incorrectly, or is it actually supposed to have a backlight at night?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Is there supposed to be a backlight for the headlight switch so that you can see it at night? I thought those controls used to be lit so that you could easily see the knob to turn on the headlights/parking lights/or auto function as well as the dimmer switch for the dash and interior lights. It is no longer illuminated and I asked about it at the dealership. First the guy said it doesn't light up, then checked and agreed I was right, but they had to order the part. They replaced the part yesterday and last night while driving, still no backlight on the switch. Am I remembering this incorrectly, or is it actually supposed to have a backlight at night?
Yup, it has a backlight. I'd guess it's a wiring problem, not the switch.

Don't you just love those dealer guys who's first reaction is always to tell the customer he is wrong! :( :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well I hate to say it but dealers are really just garages that pay Chrysler to sell and service their cars . Some are good and a vast majority are really just mediocre.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts