2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First post on this lovely forum for this beautiful vehicle. This is the car that sold me on Chrysler after swearing them off for life based on past experiences working on them.

Last week I bought a used L+ with 57k, certified, with the 3 mo. bumper to bumper and 100k drivetrain warranty. Last night while adjusting our childseat on the driver's 2nd row captain, the headrest and embedded retainers popped clean out. After much struggle, I did manage to get the retainers back in the seat and the headrest raised accordingly, but I had couldn't help but have flashbacks to past experiences like "bifurcated dashboard" and "self airlocking cooling system" that I've only ever seen on a Chrysler vehicle. The retainers will not stay seated and want to come out any time I adjust the headrest.

I guess my question is, is repairing this covered under the CPOV warranty? How much of a hassle can I expect with the dealer/Chrysler to get the headrest and possibly entire seat replaced? This stupid issue is a blight on the otherwise impeccable vehicle I received. I was hesitant to get a Chrysler for this very reason, so I'd enjoy some discussion and advice on the issue. I have a 20+ year old Toyota that has needed little more than an oil change

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some folks had issues fitting car seats in the second row with the headrests so they’d removed them. It’s possible your vehicle was one of those and they weren’t put back properly. Do some searching for threads around removing headrests to fit car seats and see if you can reverse the process more accurately than the last owner.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I thought the second row headrests were not removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I thought the second row headrests were not removable.
True, on the gas Pac they are not designed to be removable, but that doesn't mean some people don't do it anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like there is a tether that goes through the right post, which makes sense since that's probably how to stow n go latch causes the headrest to flip down. I don't see how they would be removable unless you unhooked this cable somewhere within the seat.

Somehow I did manage to get them to stay, though. They have two very small plastic tabs that lock when it's fully seated, but it's hard to do. Now that they're worn they don't hold it very securely either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts