2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got our 2019 pachy limited. Seats seemed hot when I drove it home, This morning and on several trips today even on HI it was not very warm at all.

I've had heated seats in many vehicles. Many required you to turn down the heated seat because it was too hot. The sides of the hip area are cold, and the bottom are hardly warm. I turned on the passenger one, and after 5 minutes, didn't even feel warm.

I think LO was warmer than HI.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've noticed sometime the seats get pretty hot, and other times just seem warm... even though it's set on high.

I haven't paid enough attention to notice a pattern yet

Today I was driving off the battery with the seat heater, but with the climate "off"... seat was only warm.
After the battery went to <1% and the ICE/hybrid mode kicked in, I turned the climate control back on.... and I noticed the seat got pretty hot.... so... yeah, not sure why :)

I think there may be a time-out... so it's hot at first, and then reduces.... not sure though. And/or maybe it doesn't get as hot if the car is running off the batter only?

I will say... the steering wheel gets hot!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed sometime the seats get pretty hot, and other times just seem warm... even though it's set on high.

I haven't paid enough attention to notice a pattern yet

Today I was driving off the battery with the seat heater, but with the climate "off"... seat was only warm.
After the battery went to <1% and the ICE/hybrid mode kicked in, I turned the climate control back on.... and I noticed the seat got pretty hot.... so... yeah, not sure why :)

I think there may be a time-out... so it's hot at first, and then reduces.... not sure though. And/or maybe it doesn't get as hot if the car is running off the batter only?

I will say... the steering wheel gets hot!
so i remote started it this morning, let is run for 10 minutes, then went outside to figure out how to work all the uconnect stuff, seat heater was on HI, engine running, it slowly increased from cold to hot, but it took 30 minutes.

I only have a 5 minute commute, Heck I can get to any edge of our city in 15 minutes from any other spot.

This seat heater is horribly lacking. Any way a uconnect update could fix that? I'll have to see.

Yes the steering wheel gets nice and toasty. Does yours have a stupid plastic silver ring on the front of the steering wheel like my pachy with S package does?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes... I also have that metallic (plastic?) ring.

It's very upscale looking... just don't touch it :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
My seat get pretty hot so that I end up turning it down sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i would say the seat is never hot to the point that i need to turn it down. any way to test this? I haven't ridden in the passenger seat, but my wife said it got hot for her.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to admit mine gets really hot. I usually end up turning mine off. I’m in Minnesota!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to the dealer sometime this week and going to sit in another one of their leather pacificas that's outside and cold and compare how long it takes to heat up.

My thinking is to compare seat temps with one of those cheap laser temp guns at 5 min and 10 min from ice cold. Compare mine to another one, if its drastically different, we know something isn't working right.....right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have a gas Pacifica, but agreed that the seats don't get as hot as I would like. It is also obnoxious that 1) you cannot change the 40 degree temp below which the heated seats come on with remote start and 2) the heated seats and steering wheel turn off after random amounts of time rather than staying on indefinitely.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a gas Pacifica, but agreed that the seats don't get as hot as I would like. It is also obnoxious that 1) you cannot change the 40 degree temp below which the heated seats come on with remote start and 2) the heated seats and steering wheel turn off after random amounts of time rather than staying on indefinitely.
They seem to turn off after 30 minutes or so for me. Usually its sufficient for me. I just rely on them to keep me warm until the cabin warms up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts