2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems strange to me that the heat for the passenger seat can't be set to come on with remote start like the drivers side. Usually my wife is with me when we use the van, so when I use the remote start to get the van warmed up I have to run out to the van to turn on the heat for the passenger seat which seams to defeat the purpose of remote start. I couldn't find anything in the manual to set this. Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
You're not missing anything. My Cherokee is the same way. The Explorer that we traded in gave the option of having the passenger heated seat turn on with remote start as well. But with the Explorer, both seats would turn off when you got in the car and hit the start button, you'd have to manually turn them back on if you wanted them to stay on. Neither setup is ideal.

·
Registered
808 Posts
That is the same setup as the Town & Countrys for the last few years. What is new on my Pacifica is they also come on with a regular start as well.

I would think that since there is no way to tell if the seat would be occupied, it might not be wise to heat it. While my wife generally puts her purse on the floor when driving alone, I see plenty of women who put theirs on the passenger seat -- they might not appreciate it being "cooked" (although the seat is not that hot.)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My Mazda CX-9 comes on, but won't actually heat the seat until someone occupies the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts