2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5,480 Posts
So the whew turns off but the seats stay on I’m assuming . I know the wheel inside has a thermal indicator that has parameters to turn off that controls it . If you have pulled the fuse , reset the fuse , and it continues I’m going to say that wheel is botched . Really only way to verify connectors would be to remove the air bag

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the whew turns off but the seats stay on I’m assuming . I know the wheel inside has a thermal indicator that has parameters to turn off that controls it . If you have pulled the fuse , reset the fuse , and it continues I’m going to say that wheel is botched . Really only way to verify connectors would be to remove the air bag
The seats work well, the only problem is with the wheel, later today I will check the fuses, thank you for your tip.

· Registered
3,141 Posts
Hello @emersonvier!

As a heads up, if you decide to visit your dealer regarding this matter or at any point in the future, that we're here to help! Feel free to send a private message to start a conversation.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

Reactions: emersonvier

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the manual, I only find F91 FRONT VENTED SEATS/HEATED STRG WHEEL* 15A

The fuse was removed and tested; it is good, but the problem remains. the Wheel heated on displays stay ON for less than 5 seconds

Circuit component Font Commemorative plaque Pattern Number

Circuit component Electronic engineering Audio equipment Electronic component Technology

Product Font Gas Electronic device Technology

Communication Device Telephony Gadget Mobile phone Portable communications device

Product Purple Gadget Mobile phone Communication Device

· Registered
310 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Limited
If you're purchasing alfaobd you might as well go ahead and purchase the MX+ and a security bypass module as well. You can only read codes otherwise, you can't erase or edit any information. Generic bluetooth adapters tend to have issues with the more complex systems on our vans such as the CAN Bus.

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Clearing codes is easy with BlueDriver.

· Administrator
2,743 Posts
If you're purchasing alfaobd you might as well go ahead and purchase the MX+ and a security bypass module as well. You can only read codes otherwise, you can't erase or edit any information. Generic Bluetooth adapters tend to have issues with the more complex systems on our vans such as the CAN Bus.
AlfaOBD has a generous demo mode, you can read everything with it. A generic OBDII adapter should be enough for this particular problem- it can read the body computer. If you'll see a hidden code indicating the problem, it will clear by itself when the problem will be resolved. Some van's modules are on a different bus- MS-CAN, and a better adapter is needed. MX+ may be a good investment for the long term. There are generic adaptors that can be switched to MS-CAN, I never tried them and don't know if they are any good.

· Registered
310 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Limited
AlfaOBD has a generous demo mode, you can read everything with it. A generic OBDII adapter should be enough for this particular problem- it can read the body computer. If you'll see a hidden code indicating the problem, it will clear by itself when the problem will be resolved. Some van's modules are on a different bus- MS-CAN, and a better adapter is needed. MX+ may be a good investment for the long term. There are generic adaptors that can be switched to MS-CAN, I never tried them and don't know if they are any good.
Yes it does have a generous demo mode, but to unlock any functionality you need to purchase it. Any of our vans made from 2018 on do have a security module. In order to clear codes fully you need to have the bypass. It's actually in the help section on the Alfaobd site. I recommend reading this before purchasing anything: AlfaOBD

· Administrator
2,743 Posts
Yes it does have a generous demo mode, but to unlock any functionality you need to purchase it. Any of our vans made from 2018 on do have a security module. In order to clear codes fully you need to have the bypass. It's actually in the help section on the Alfaobd site. I recommend reading this before purchasing anything: AlfaOBD
Most of the time clearing codes isn't going to help without resolving the underlying problem. AlfaOBD in the demo mode can read the state of the steering wheel temperature sensor. Not sure if it can detect the continuity of the heater circuit, and if the voltage is applied to it, it can be checked with a VA meter.

· Registered
310 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Limited
Most of the time clearing codes isn't going to help without resolving the underlying problem. AlfaOBD in the demo mode can read the state of the steering wheel temperature sensor. Not sure if it can detect the continuity of the heater circuit, and if the voltage is applied to it, it can be checked with a VA meter.
Apparently I just have a van where a lot of random codes will appear and clearing them gets rid of the codes. Especially in the winter with the doors jamming. I'll get random error codes about the motor. Clearing them at least narrows down the ones that are an issue and just not a temporary one. I'm not going to argue about AlfaOBD and purchasing the right equipment. That's all up to you. I just know what I had to go with to accurately read, write and program all the modules. You're very limited with no security bypass.

· Premium Member
2021 pacifica touring L. red velvet
81 Posts
My problem is that hubby plays with all buttons while I drive, my fingers get hot, mu butt gets hot…etc etc…is there a driver control over buttons? Reason why he can’t drive, distractions,
tni brain, Covid fog, vax fog, age?

· Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited S
20 Posts
My 2021 Pachy has started doing the same thing. No steering wheel heat. At first after every other start it would come on. Now it won't come on at all. Just lights up for a few seconds and won't stay on. Will check the fuses. And codes. Hey Chrysler have you heard of any other cars with this problem? And hopefully a simple solution?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My 2021 Pachy has started doing the same thing. No steering wheel heat. At first after every other start it would come on. Now it won't come on at all. Just lights up for a few seconds and won't stay on. Will check the fuses. And codes. Hey Chrysler have you heard of any other cars with this problem? And hopefully a simple solution?
For now, I cannot find a solution :(

· Registered
1 Posts
my 2020 pacifica just started doing the same thing, hit the heat button for steering wheel and stays on a few seconds then goes off again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts