2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if any body knows anything about the module that controls all of the Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel functions. This was one of the main options my wife and sister wanted in the Pacifica since that is the most popular part of our Cadillac CTS Wagon.

But since my 2017 Pacifica Limited is also a BraunAbility Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle the seats are removable so wheelchairs can go in either the driver or passenger seat. I ride shotgun in my Permobil F5 stander Wheelchair so we have the passenger removed but that also removed the Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel Module so none of these features will work.

The Conversion company, Braun, knew about this issue but doesn?t seem to concerned about it because I guess Wheelchair people don?t need heated/cooled seats and steering wheel. Has anyone ever seen this module and know if it?s something I can relocate it somewhere so the drivers seat & steering wheel feature can be used. We had this same issue on one of our rental wheelchair van, a 2016 Town & Country, but we figured it was a glitch somewhere. Now we know that it had to do with the passenger seat being removed for me to park.

I appreciate any insight you might have on this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am frustrated by this as well. Traded in a 2015 Town & Country that had heated seat and steering wheel. Also, the third seat folded down. It is frustrating there has to be any trade offs for accessibility. On the upside, there are three seatbelts for the back seat in the Pacifica and we will benefit from the assisted driving features we opted for. These being the only reason we upgraded. Yet, we’re still disappointed there is any area we had to take steps backward. I would like Braun to be upfront about all the features we have to pay for and are not not getting due to the conversion during the shopping process rather than discovering them after purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I?m glad I found another BraunAbility customer with the same issues. Are you in the Facebook group as well?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don?t have one yet but might be something I need to look into. I?ve looked at all the exploded images from the parts places but haven?t been able to even see the venting system. I see the heated seat elements but not the cooling part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link to the manual, it just sucks that it is so expensive. I might just do the 1 day online sub and download what I need to look at.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New member here. I have the VMI conversion Pacifica, will have to see what happens to the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat when the passenger seat is removed and I ride shotgun. Not that we get much of a chance to use/need heated seat.

If you get the schematics hopefully you can order a plug and jumper two connections to complete the circuit so the computer thinks the seat is plugged in.

Permobil M400 wheelchair.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
We pulled the front passenger seat out and tested the heated driver seat and steering wheel and they worked fine with the VMI conversion. Hopefully Braun will step up and make that OEM feature work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is going to really piss me off when I get my Pacifica back from Braun this week if the steering wheel heat and drivers seat heat don't work. I also ride shotgun in my wheelchair and my wife has to have the heated wheel and seat when she drives.

I had the opposite problem on my T&C when I drove from my wheelchair. That module was located under the drivers seat.

Maybe we can remove the module and leave it in the van when we remove the seat.

I will definitely address this issue with the local Braun dealer when they install my Q'Straint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wanted to see if any body knows anything about the module that controls all of the Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel functions. This was one of the main options my wife and sister wanted in the Pacifica since that is the most popular part of our Cadillac CTS Wagon.

But since my 2017 Pacifica Limited is also a BraunAbility Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle the seats are removable so wheelchairs can go in either the driver or passenger seat. I ride shotgun in my Permobil F5 stander Wheelchair so we have the passenger removed but that also removed the Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel Module so none of these features will work.

The Conversion company, Braun, knew about this issue but doesn?t seem to concerned about it because I guess Wheelchair people don?t need heated/cooled seats and steering wheel. Has anyone ever seen this module and know if it?s something I can relocate it somewhere so the drivers seat & steering wheel feature can be used. We had this same issue on one of our rental wheelchair van, a 2016 Town & Country, but we figured it was a glitch somewhere. Now we know that it had to do with the passenger seat being removed for me to park.

I appreciate any insight you might have on this issue.
I don't have this problem on my 2016 T&C because I believe the module is located under the drivers seat. With the passenger seat removed the drivers heated seat and steering wheel heat still work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got my 2018 back from Braun and can confirm no heated seat/steering wheel when passenger seat removed.

We need to send a nasty gram to Braun about this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sucks that they do not care if it works or not and they have no interest or inclination in fixing it. I’m still working on finding a solution to this but haven’t had time to play with it yet. I wish someone could send me a screenshot of the pages from the service manual for this part of the seats. My wife doesn’t like driving it because it doesn’t have heated seats and her caddy does.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just posted this video on the build of the Braun Pacifica on another thread. As you can see, they make the front seats removable, along with replacing the entire floor assembly. It makes sense that the wiring would be difficult to accommodate seat heating and cooling.

I'm really amazed and impressed at the amount of modification necessary to build that van. It seems Chrysler would have be be involved, perhaps even doing some of the work in Windsor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, the heated seats/steering wheel work fine as long as the passenger seat is not removed. Braun's answer to me (though the dealer) was the seat module is mated to the passenger seat airbag module and they can't be separated. I think they are different modules. Anyway VMI figured out how to make them work. I'm going to complain directly to Braun after I do some more research.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
I just posted this video on the build of the Braun Pacifica on another thread. As you can see, they make the front seats removable, along with replacing the entire floor assembly. It makes sense that the wiring would be difficult to accommodate seat heating and cooling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_0KmURoEA&ab_channel=BraunAbility

I'm really amazed and impressed at the amount of modification necessary to build that van. It seems Chrysler would have be be involved, perhaps even doing some of the work in Windsor.
WOW! Second that @Waldo

·
Registered
46 Posts
I sent a message to Braun about our drivers heated seat/steering wheel not working with the passenger seat removed. They gave me some BS about the heated seat module being tied to the seat airbag system but I don't think that is correct. I sent them another message asking why VMI could do it but they can't. They have not got back to me yet.

Since you have a Limited I wanted to know if the memory seat function still works with passenger seat removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Pacifica Limited Braun Conversion

We have a 2018 Pacifica Limited conversion by Braun and I can confirm that the heated/ventilated driver seat and the heated steering wheel do NOT function with the passenger seat removed. We have complained to Braun and to our state attorney general (for false advertising) but they simply say that there is nothing they can do about it (even though VMI figured it out). The state attorney general is not taking much action because we are just one consumer. If anyone is interested in putting together a group to complain to the FTC about Braun, it might have more weight if several consumers get together to make the same complaint. PM me at cherylb616 at msn dot com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2018 Pacifica Limited for three weeks, and I just experienced the "problem" of non-functioning seat ventilation with the vehicle. I see that this thread has been silent for a few months. Has anyone gotten any further information regarding the control module?

I may never use the passenger seat in this van, and so I wouldn't mind removing electronics and relocating them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
jekarolchik
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing