2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not yet an owner but after spending the last 3 weeks surveying the entire van fleet including interest in Ford Transit and Promaster City, and Mercedes Metris, and well even trying Sprinters, then trying Ford F150's and Chevy 1500's, Nissan Nv1500, only production van class car I could drive off the showroom floor was a Nissan nv200 which was too small for what I want to haul or sleep in (see later) and the Pacifica. So one day went back to Chrysler cuz I'd borrowed a town and country from the inlaws but my right knee was crammed on the dash for when I wanted my foot on the gas. You see i'm 7'3" if you read my bio. But I tried a Pacifica a 2nd time and tilted the seat a little and well, I had 2 inches of knee room.

I like the gas economy but I also like that if you can stack 4*8 sheets in the back, you certainly can stack one 7'3" guy in a sleeping bag on occasional camping trips. But I needed a van to haul some 8 foot stuff, my recumbent etrike, etc.

I'm a little troubled of the compromised viewing out the front. Rear view mirrors are a bad blind spot for me that I am almost always cognizant of but it looks a little worse on the Pacifica with it extended down the glass.

I had a question - does anyone use any screening material on the front windows? I assume the front windows are the only ones that roll down. I'll need some mosquito free ventilation in the summer if I sleep in the car.

I also am not sure about warranties and or whether to buy an additional mopar warranty if I buy a lightly used certified 2017.

I look forward to your advice.

Oh, I drove a 1994 Ford Aerostar until 6 months ago when it failed emmissions and I got $225 scrap value at the junk yard. I kept it because I'd customized the driver's seat.

I tagged this with tci - I'm the tallest US member of Tall Clubs International and I share car info with them.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Come play for our LAKERS!!! :)

But seriously, is the Pacifica going to fit you ok? Sounds like it's a real TIGHT squeeze?!

Reactions: Longtimemopar

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am not yet an owner but after spending the last 3 weeks surveying the entire van fleet including interest in Ford Transit and Promaster City, and Mercedes Metris, and well even trying Sprinters, then trying Ford F150's and Chevy 1500's, Nissan Nv1500, only production van class car I could drive off the showroom floor was a Nissan nv200 which was too small for what I want to haul or sleep in (see later) and the Pacifica. So one day went back to Chrysler cuz I'd borrowed a town and country from the inlaws but my right knee was crammed on the dash for when I wanted my foot on the gas. You see i'm 7'3" if you read my bio. But I tried a Pacifica a 2nd time and tilted the seat a little and well, I had 2 inches of knee room.

I like the gas economy but I also like that if you can stack 4*8 sheets in the back, you certainly can stack one 7'3" guy in a sleeping bag on occasional camping trips. But I needed a van to haul some 8 foot stuff, my recumbent etrike, etc.

I'm a little troubled of the compromised viewing out the front. Rear view mirrors are a bad blind spot for me that I am almost always cognizant of but it looks a little worse on the Pacifica with it extended down the glass.

I had a question - does anyone use any screening material on the front windows? I assume the front windows are the only ones that roll down. I'll need some mosquito free ventilation in the summer if I sleep in the car.

I also am not sure about warranties and or whether to buy an additional mopar warranty if I buy a lightly used certified 2017.

Oh, I drove a 1994 Ford Aerostar until 6 months ago when it failed emmissions and I got $225 scrap value at the junk yard. I kept it because I'd customized the driver's seat.

I tagged this with tci - I'm the tallest US member of Tall Clubs International and I share car info with them.
Welcome to the Forum @damtalldfave. If you look through the threads, some of your questions will be answered. I am a 'lightly used' '17 owner that will probably get an extended warranty when the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is about up. Mosquito netting....I don't remember that being mentioned before :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I assume the front windows are the only ones that roll down.
The windows in the sliding doors roll down also, but do not fully open, stopping several inches above the window sill. (italicized text from the owner's manual) If you'd like to get a head start learning about the Pac, you can download the manual here.

Reactions: Longtimemopar

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,512 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Although the rear view mirror may have blind spots for you, the side mirrors are available with blind spot detection which is very helpful and worth considering. The back up camera (or 360 surround camera on higher trim models) viewed through the touchscreen is also a nice feature. Some of these features may help make up for the rear view mirror issues. If you get a 2017, the 8.4 touchscreen is nice to have. Some of the 2017s had 5 inch touchscreens.

Chrysler makes a tent that is supposed to be an accessory for the Pacifica, but it probably isn't what you were looking for. You will probably have purchase mosquito netting made for vans online. As mentioned previously, the second row windows go down except for about 5 inches of the windows in my van.

Here is a recent link for someone looking at a used Pacifica in case you are interested. The software recall mentioned is now available, but you can ask if the EGR recall was done since it was decided that recall also met the requirements of the recall issued in January 2018. There are other threads if you have time to look. There are also threads about the warranty options. Hope you find a van that works for you.

Buying used pacifica. HELP - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.