2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a lurker for a long while, and only recently registered to ask a question that I found the answer before asking (Does the 2020 PacHybrid have HID headlamps and auto-dimming side-mirrors? Nope.). Now I'm going to go hunting for a non-white PacHybrid with the brown interior, and add that to my signature when I find and buy one.

BTW, I used to work in the automotive design world, so I know a number of the Detroit designers, including the woman who penned the new Pacifica. She did a great job! It really is a great looking van, and the hybrid option seals the deal for me. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
133 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

As you have already found, there is a lot of information and help here. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm also a Canadian living in the States (left Toronto 4 years ago), so I appreciate that these are made in Windsor.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
I was a lurker for a long while, and only recently registered to ask a question that I found the answer before asking (Does the 2020 PacHybrid have HID headlamps and auto-dimming side-mirrors? Nope.). Now I'm going to go hunting for a non-white PacHybrid with the brown interior, and add that to my signature when I find and buy one.

BTW, I used to work in the automotive design world, so I know a number of the Detroit designers, including the woman who penned the new Pacifica. She did a great job! It really is a great looking van, and the hybrid option seals the deal for me. :cool:
I agree, the exterior design is what makes Pacifica stand out. Interestingly, the woman who designed the van is from Tajikistan- hardly a country that comes to mind when thinking about automotive design.
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I agree, the exterior design is what makes Pacifica stand out. Interestingly, the woman who designed the van is from Tajikistan- hardly a country that comes to mind when thinking about automotive design.
Good luck with your search.
I saw an interview with her. She has a completely American accent and mannerisms. This suggests she came to the US as a child and was educated here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. Off to see an Ocean Blue PacHy in person today! (I like blue, but not sure if this is too bright or what!)

IIRC, Irina's Pacifica design was picked from an internal competition among the FCA designers, and my WAG is that hers was quite different due to a combination of coming here as a teenager more familiar with European designs (I see a lot of Renault Espace), and frankly, being a woman with more to prove. Her continued success (she's head of Jeep Design now) in a very male-dominated field like auto design seems partly immigrant work ethic, but also support from mentors like my buddy Ralph Gilles (fellow Canadian, woot!).

zavatski-pacifica.jpg

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just been reading about Ralph Gilles. What a talent!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that's Ralph. He's been with Chrysler for 27 years (started as an intern!) and is now global VP of Design (including Alfa Romeo & Maserati), and I think he's still Head of the SRT Division. He's also an absolute hoonigan! Races his Alfa and his Hellcat widebody.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stalker alert! :) I'm pretty sure Russian is still the national language of Tajikistan. (I actually didn't even know where it was until Google told me.) AFAIK, she finished high school in Ohio and went to Cleveland Institute of Arts, then grad-school at Detroit's College for Creative Studies. Most of the US auto designers come from CCS. I actually met her at a CCS function!

·
Registered
31 Posts
One of the articles I read said she and her family moved to the U.S when she was 15.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
She maintains account on a russian language social network
I wonder if that would sell some Pacificas in Russia or Tajikistan?

Very remarkable woman. I'm glad her family brought her here. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
I wonder if that would sell some Pacificas in Russia or Tajikistan?

Very remarkable woman. I'm glad her family brought her here. :)
Gas Pacifica Limited is officially for sale in Russia. It even comes with the airplane style fold out tables for the second row.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have a link for that stop-eject?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And now it's official: I picked up my new Ocean Blue Pacifica Hybrid Limited this morning! Love the mocha leather interior, and I'm both enamored and slightly befuddled by the amount of tech in this thing (aside from the giant battery). Might actually have to RTFM for once!

·
Registered
31 Posts
And now it's official: I picked up my new Ocean Blue Pacifica Hybrid Limited this morning! Love the mocha leather interior, and I'm both enamored and slightly befuddled by the amount of tech in this thing (aside from the giant battery). Might actually have to RTFM for once!
Just got my used one last week and spent all week learning how to make it all work and I HAD read the manual!!!! Extensively!!! (All because I wanted a PacHy with the surround 360 mirrors for parking in my garage.) These engineers are getting out of hand...... LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts