2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In DC area, looking for a new or used Pacifica with at minimum S Appearance and Advanced SafetyTec package.

Looking around, there's not a lot of used Pacificas with this combo near me.

Even Carmax hasn't had one.

Found one real close yesterday with a somewhat higher list price than desired -- 33K for a 2019 Pacifica Plus with 15K miles.
She asked me if I could buy today if we came to agreement on price, i said sure, if you give me a price that makes me want to buy right now i will.
(Oh then she wanted me to sign a piece of paper agreeing that if we could come to agreement on price and terms, i am prepared to buy the car today. i laughed and declined)

So she then went to manager and came out with this great deal:
She knocked 100 bucks off list price
Added 1795 for MOPAR CERTIFICATION
1100 Licences and fees
Taxes 2850

OTD 38650

I found an excuse to leave.

There are new 2020 Plus' with features i want, with dealer offering online price of 35500

My question is --
What would be a good price for the New? How would you respond to used salesperson, who just texted me back? Any Pacifica buying experts out there want to help a poor boy not get screwed?

:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Limited "S" with Video, HK Stereo, Advanced Safety, and 20" wheels for $40,911.85‬ +tax at Oxmoor in Louisville, KY.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
46 Posts
I just purchased a new 2020 touringL Plus in the DC metro area, ~$37k (before taxes+fees). I think buying new is better. Check around, Darcars Rockville, and Ourisman in Bowie still had some good s-pkg models in stock when I was shopping two weeks ago. I think Chrysler upped the cashback bonus another $1k this month so pricing should be a little better.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
Although I don't recommend buying out of town when you need in-town dealer servicing, look at the pricing on Reedman-Toll outside of Philadelphia. Its a bargaining chip.

I am always wary of a year old vehicle going for used -- 33K on a year old van is a lot of miles and probably hard driving.

I am not familiar with the certified program, but that $$ would probably more than pay for an extended warranty. Seems outrageous to me. When my 2017 lease went over 36 months because the dealer couldn't match my specs, I got the highest level one for 5 year / $200 deductible coverage for under $1,000 from a dealer in Michigan (I'm in NYC). My dealer couldn't touch the price.

WRT to extended warranties, several dealers have great prices. Moparservicecontract.com is one. Search the threads for Ziegler for another. And there may be a third one.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
33K was the price. Mileage was 15K.
Eyes / mind don't always coordinate well at 2 am....... Thanks for the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
238 Posts
Your point still stands. If it had been 33k miles on a one year old van it is definitely one to pass on.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
13 Posts
If you use the Chrysler.com website it will search dealerships in your area, and the range you select, and show what is in stock. Higher volume dealers usually have bigger discounts, so those with a lot of vehicles could also show more discounts on their specific website. I have a 2020 Limited Hybrid and like to point out that with tax incentives you can sometimes beat gas model prices, but you will have to wait for tax time next year to get your money. Good luck, hope you can find one you like.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
13 Posts
Forgot to mention, I like to use sites like autotrader when looking at new and used vehicles together. Use the advanced search feature to tailor your search to specific vehicles and options and range of search around your area, then display that search by mileage, low price first, etc. The DC area looks to have a ton of choices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found a new 2020 Touring L Plus with S Appearance and Advanced Safety Tec
43K MSRP
32K final price
36K out the door

what you guys think ?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What are the components of the 4K difference? Sales tax and what else?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You need to know exactly what that is. How much is tax, licence, etc. "Protection fee" sounds like something from a 1954 gangster movie.

Reactions: potfish

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great deal! You got yours $4k below me. Wish I had your bargaining skills! Can't wait for photos! Enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, yah, I had Pano roof, 8seater, 35th ann package, and the 20" wheels on top of the s-pkg. I guess we're a little closer in price at that point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts