2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. I went to get in my car this morning and it was fine when I put my daughter in. When I got in the driver seat to start the car the steering wheel was locked and the brakes were locked. I cannot figure out how to get them unlocked to start the car. Also now the mechanical doors will not open. This happened almost exactly a year ago and someone gave me a sequence of things to do to start it. It was like touch the brakes two times pump the gas five times hit the park break etc. unfortunately my son broke his arm that same evening and I forgot to write down what the sequence was. Does anyone know and can help me?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is a key fob in the car with you? Press the brake pedal down with gear dial in "P" and push the start button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is a key fob in the car with you? Press the brake pedal down with gear dial in "P" and push the start button.
Yes. That did not work. Car acts like it is going to start but then stops. Radio and everything else works. The battery is fine.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts
Yes. That did not work. Car acts like it is going to start but then stops. Radio and everything else works. The battery is fine.
Try pressing the fob against the start button (with the brake pressed) to see if the fob battery is low and could be causing the problem.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts
Just tried that and no luck. It is so frustrating. Thank you for helping.
My Subaru steering wheel locked once and the solution was to pull down on one side before starting. I accidentally locked the steering wheel somehow.

The post in this link mentions jiggling the steering wheel (not related to cold weather).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My tires are straight. I tried this as well. I think it has something to do with anti theft mode

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
419 Posts
Sounds like one or both batteries are bad to me. It seems like it has enough power to turn some things on, but not enough power to start the engine or operate the power sliding doors. Have you had both batteries tested? What voltage is indicated in the message center before attempting to start it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts