2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my touring-l in for service and they did something with the EGR valve function...since then, the trans does not shift smoothly...any one else having this problem?????

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
had my touring-l in for service and they did something with the EGR valve function...since then, the trans does not shift smoothly...any one else having this problem?????
I had the EGR valve recall and a transmission TSB update done (in September 2017) and then had a jolt/jerk at about 15 mph randomly. The fix was to clear the transmission adaptations (done Nov 28, 2017). I don't know if you need the transmission TSB done, but clearing the adaptations (memory?) solved the problem for my van. There wasn't a code. The service tech said that the transmission would have to relearn something in response to the driver, but I don't think it really matters who drives the van. The transmission probably just needs to relearn to respond to a human. So far it has been almost a month after the reset and the transmission has been shifting smoothly without the 15 mph jolt.:smile2:

This was from an earlier post about the transmission TSB if you want more info about it. TSBs aren't done unless a problem is described. A recall is done if one exists. Have the transmission adaptations reset last. Hope that helps.

Even though you just got a new Pacifica, it would probably be good to check the manufacture date which is on the driver's door.

My vehicle has a manufacture date of 9/16 and the VIN number was one that this TSB may apply to. I don't know which vehicles are affected. I had to PM Chrysler Cares with my VIN to get the TSB information. I made an appointment to get the software updated and the first available appointment isn't for a couple of weeks.

Since it sounds like you are having problems, taking a copy of the TSB with you might help direct the dealer to solve the problem.

"NUMBER: 21-027-17 REV. A
GROUP: 21 - Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: July 15, 2017
SUBJECT:
Flash: Transmission Shift and Drivability Enhancements

Some customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation, a technician may find the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) stored in the TCM memory:

• **P0887-00 - TCM Power Control Circuit High.**
• P1B13-00 - Park by Wire Unintended Out Of Park Position.
• P1DCD-00 - TCM Monitoring Processor Performance Multiple Clutches Locked Up.
• U0103-00 - Lost Communication With Electric Gear Shift Module.
• P1CC9 - Unable To Engage Gear.
• P1DDE-00 - Ignition Run/Start Input 1-2 Correlation.

The following improvement is also included in this update:
• Shifter interlocking improvement in an event of brake signal loss to the TCM."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
olddgoatt
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing