2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just picked up my brand-spanking-new white Pacifica Hybrid Limited about three weeks ago.
After figuring out how to drive it home, I actually printed out the entire 600 FREAKIN' PAGE MANUAL (at 4 pages/sheet of paper it's still 1-1/2" thick), and have read it in it's entirety (except all those warnings and FCC notices).
WOW! I hardly feel like I know more than when I started though. (Poor memory, short attention span, and T.M.I. all at once.)
Now I have to print out the 300-page "Uconnect Users Manual Supplement" and read THAT to figure out most of what I'd hoped to learn from the owner's manual...
It might've helped if the salesman knew anything about it, but he was just a young sprout...

I got the factory roof racks, but they're too limited (narrow, curved, mostly plastic) for serious use, so I took them off and used the built-in 6mm studs (with the really strange nuts that secured the factory rack) to attach a rack I built from aluminum angle, with streamlined oak crossbars.
It seems odd that nobody has a commercial aftermarket rack for this car, after it's been out for about 3 years.

I really like the fact that Chrysler created some brief instructional videos to show us how the van operates. Too bad they only made 3 or 4 of them...

I got the advanced safety package, of course. Hope I don't die in an accident while figuring out how all that stuff works...

The dealer talked me into buying the extended warranty just because of all the electrical/electronic doodads, something I normally never do. (He did have to go down from something like $3,000 to $1,200 to convince me though.)

All that said, it sure does drive nicely, and it is much quieter that anything else I've owned. Even with the windows cracked for my dogs. And that Uconnect "Infotainment System" sounds excellent, but I hope I don't die trying to figure THAT out, or going through all the trial Sirius stations.
I MUST learn the functioning of those buttons on the back (front?) of the horn so's I can fiddle with the sound system without having to look at the screen.
And I DO hope my dogs appreciate the rear-seat DVD screens. Do any of you have any DVDs of squirrels and cats you could recommend?

Enough rambling for now; things to do, people to see, lunch to eat...

Mark Wallner, AKA "The Guy with the Dogs".

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,123 Posts
Hello All,

I just picked up my brand-spanking-new white Pacifica Hybrid Limited about three weeks ago.
After figuring out how to drive it home, I actually printed out the entire 600 FREAKIN' PAGE MANUAL (at 4 pages/sheet of paper it's still 1-1/2" thick), and have read it in it's entirety (except all those warnings and FCC notices).
WOW! I hardly feel like I know more than when I started though. (Poor memory, short attention span, and T.M.I. all at once.)
Now I have to print out the 300-page "Uconnect Users Manual Supplement" and read THAT to figure out most of what I'd hoped to learn from the owner's manual...
It might've helped if the salesman knew anything about it, but he was just a young sprout...

...All that said, it sure does drive nicely, and it is much quieter that anything else I've owned. Even with the windows cracked for my dogs. And that Uconnect "Infotainment System" sounds excellent, but I hope I don't die trying to figure THAT out, or going through all the trial Sirius stations.
I MUST learn the functioning of those buttons on the back (front?) of the horn so's I can fiddle with the sound system without having to look at the screen.
And I DO hope my dogs appreciate the rear-seat DVD screens. Do any of you have any DVDs of squirrels and cats you could recommend?

Enough rambling for now; things to do, people to see, lunch to eat...

Mark Wallner, AKA "The Guy with the Dogs".
Welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to find the UConnect manual. If you download it to the computer, sometimes you can do a search and find what you are looking for. However, the search feature (or index) isn't that great. What I have found is that many answers are in the Multimedia section of the manuals since many things are accessed through the touchscreen. It took me awhile to find out how to turn off honks and chimes ("Alerts"). To change the horn honking when locking or to turn off the tail gate "Alert", etc. look under "Doors and Locks" in the Settings sections of the touchscreen. It made sense once I found it, but I didn't expect it to be in the multimedia section of the manual. Enjoy your van.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, when I first posted this a few months ago, somebody contacted me to ask if I wanted to sell the factory roof racks which I had removed from my 2019 Pacifica.
I couldn't figure out how to contact him, but if he's still out there and still interested they ARE for sale.
I haven't decided on a price; figured I'd just put them on ebay, but if you want to make me an offer you might save me the trouble.

I STILL don't know how to send/reply to a personal message though; I guess I'd better read up on the blog directions...

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,123 Posts
Hey, when I first posted this a few months ago, somebody contacted me to ask if I wanted to sell the factory roof racks which I had removed from my 2019 Pacifica.
I couldn't figure out how to contact him, but if he's still out there and still interested they ARE for sale.
I haven't decided on a price; figured I'd just put them on ebay, but if you want to make me an offer you might save me the trouble.

I STILL don't know how to send/reply to a personal message though; I guess I'd better read up on the blog directions...
Click the circle with the letter in it (your icon) on the forum bar. Choose "conversations" and that should take you to private messages sent and received.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts