• Something else

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hybrid Touring L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice from the hitch-having hybrid owners on the hardware service kit to relocate the emissions canister for aftermarket install...

I need to haul some bikes on a trip in a couple weeks.

Turns it I bought the wrong curt rebranded hitch from etrailer...e98903 vs curt 13466SK... Supply shortage all around made me do it. Mine didn't come with the SK hardware and apparently it can't be bought separately according to etrailer. Still reaching out to curt, but I couldn't find it as a sku number/part on their site.

It looks like the draw-tite version of the hardware may work (same holes etc,) but over $100 for a couple specially bent metal pieces seems ridiculous. And won't get here in time... I have or can get the bolts needed, but the brackets are the hard part.

Anyone have measurements for self fab, or an alternate source suggestion??

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Draw-Tite/76046SK.html is basically what I will need.

Thanks!
FVM

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
79 Posts
Looking for some advice from the hitch-having hybrid owners on the hardware service kit to relocate the emissions canister for aftermarket install...

I need to haul some bikes on a trip in a couple weeks.

Turns it I bought the wrong curt rebranded hitch from etrailer...e98903 vs curt 13466SK... Supply shortage all around made me do it. Mine didn't come with the SK hardware and apparently it can't be bought separately according to etrailer. Still reaching out to curt, but I couldn't find it as a sku number/part on their site.

It looks like the draw-tite version of the hardware may work (same holes etc,) but over $100 for a couple specially bent metal pieces seems ridiculous. And won't get here in time... I have or can get the bolts needed, but the brackets are the hard part.

Anyone have measurements for self fab, or an alternate source suggestion??

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Draw-Tite/76046SK.html is basically what I will need.

Thanks!
FVM
That is pretty pricy for what it is. The instructions give the bolt sizes. You could probably pick up some 1/8 inch thick x 1 inch wide flat steel and make them yourself. My 4 fingers measure about 3 inches across. So guessing from the picture of person holding it, its about 4 inches long.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed the trailer 98903 hitch on my hybrid. I just modified the canisters mounting bracket with a Dremel tool. Took maybe 5 minutes and everything fit perfectly and didn’t affect the canister in anyway.

This YouTube video below shows the process. Installing the hitch isn’t hard, just tedious. I would definitely recommend having an extra set of hands when it comes time to lift the hitch into place. I did it myself and it has a pain.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks rluck, are you able to show the modification you made to your canister?
Not easily, if you watch that video I linked it will show you the whole process of how to install the hitch, and where and how to modify the bracket. You basically remove the front/inside boxed section of the bracket. They show it about 1/3 to half way through the video.

Reactions: FamilyVanMan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts