2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
The hood of my Pacifica has showed signs of corrosion and the hood was not changed, but repaired.
After 11 months from repair, corrosion showed again and FCA is refusing to change the hood, but repaired it again.

I am not satisfied with this. If the repaired hood that showed recurrent corrosion is repaired again, it will show corrosion again. Repeating the same mistake doesn't cure the problem, but instead amplifies anxiety and frustration of customers who paid good earned money for junk.
Mine was repaired last summer. Blisters returned on the leading edge. Dealer is going to replace the hood now. I live in the Kansas City area.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Add mine to the list

·
Registered
4 Posts
CAN ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET THE HOOD REPLACED REPLY TO THIS POST PLEASE?

I am posting here the entire conversation between me and a representative of the Chrysler company (CHARLES ALLEN). Read and see if this is the way to treat a customer who purchased a new car with unlimited mileage corrosion warranty.
Read the message trail from the bottom up.

Pier Paolo Claudio

To:Charles Allen
Cc:Terry Harrison,Clyde Thomas,Cynthia Bond
Thu, Apr 23 at 7:28 PM

Mr. Allen,
I want to make myself very clear.
For the record: I never requested the bodyshop of the dealership to repair the hood, but I clearly asked them to change the hood under warranty following a failed first repair.
The bodyshop says that they HAD to just fix it and not change it, because your company denied the substitution of the hood.
I have no reason to believe otherwise after having read your response, i.e.: since it has been already fixed, just go to pick it up and say thank you!

In a nutshell, I think that this is VERY poor customer service and I will make sure that customers will know about.

As a native of Italy, I feel ashamed and embarrassed that a name brand (Chrysler) affiliated with my country of origin car maker (FIAT), treats an american like me, when instead they should be more than happy to sell a single car.

I will not pick up the car that is still at the dealership until this case is dealt appropriately and the hood has been replaced.

You heard the bodyshop manager tell you that even their own car at the dealership is showing the same problem and I can not believe the type of answer you provided me in your email denying service and to refuse changing the hood under a no corrosion warranty.

You are leaving me no choice. Do I need to take this case and your answers to my lawyer and let him handle this?

Clearly, you are denying the evidence and trying to get out of a written warranty policy that I subscribed to when I purchased the car.

Pier Paolo Claudio

On Apr 23, 2020, at 7:06 PM, Charles Allen <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Pier,

We at FCA value all of our customers equally and truly appreciate your brand loyalty. From what I am understanding your vehicle has been repaired once again after the initial factory warranty repair and no longer has a finish issue. If there are no manufacturer or workmanship issues with the hood at this time, there is no need to offer a hood replacement. Each case is unique and handled accordingly. The case that you mentioned previously may have had special circumstances that were not disclosed in the forum in which you referred, I really cannot be certain what the situation was without a case number.

Thank you for your understanding and know that Mopar will always be at your service!

Thank you,
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:41 PM Pier Paolo Claudio wrote:
Mr. Allen,
This is what other customers are getting from FCA. Why am I being treated with a different standard?
Why are customers from Kansas treated differently than the one in Mississippi? Please see below picture from the blog.

<image0.png>

Pier Paolo

On Apr 23, 2020, at 1:54 PM, Clyde Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
Charles,
The shop has already repaired and painted this customers hood again, I agree with what you said so the shop has already addressed the customers complaint.
But it also seems like there is an issue with the materials that the aluminum hood is made of. The hood appears to have an issue with the front lip of the hood
Oxidizing. Terry has one of these vans as a shuttle and the hood on it is doing the same thing. It is something that Chrysler might want to check into. But I will
Let the customer what Chrysler has came up with.

Thank you.

Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:45 PM
To: Clyde Thomas <[email protected]>
Cc: ppclaudio@**** Cynthia Bond <[email protected]>; Terry Harrison <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: case # 76093719

Clyde,

After reviewing the case details and Digital Imaging claim for this VIN, it appears that this is a shop comeback. The previous repair for similar defect was repaired under warranty at your facility on 02/09/2019.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:16 AM Charles Allen <[email protected]> wrote:
Good morning Clyde,

Thank you for the information, I will look into this matter and let you know what I find.

Thank you,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:24 AM Clyde Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
Mr. Charles, the case # 76093719.
The vin # HR591318
The milage 37179

The problem is oxidation under the paint from the aluminum hood.
I have repaired it a while back, and it came back again.
We have requested that the hood be replaced and it was denied.
It appears to the customer that he has gotten the run around and is very upset.

--
Charles Allen
Service & Parts Area Manager - District U
FCA US LLC - Southwest Business Center
Mobile: (214) 616-0439
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was repaired last summer. Blisters returned on the leading edge. Dealer is going to replace the hood now. I live in the Kansas City area.
Can you please provide me your case number, that would help me a lot in appealing to the denial decision for my case.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have had a Dark Blue Pacifica since February, 2017. Recently, I discovered corrosion developing in several areas along the edges of the hood mostly in the front and the front edges. No similar problems elsewhere. I took it into a dealer yesterday and the service manager took pictures to submit to the Chrysler Warranty department. I was told I would have a decision in a few days. He advised that the hood was aluminum and that can have its own set of problems with corrosion. Mileage is 33,000. Anyone have similar experiences?
Ya my 2017 (April) has the same problem. Called dealer. Warranty for rust is 5 years. Will have it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
If the bodyshop doing the repair didn't know WHY they were doing the repair then they most likely didn't repair the actual problem of galvanic corrosion that started the second they formed the lip edge of an aluminum hood with steel rollers. They probably just sanded it down smooth and repainted it and if so then its bound to come back. My preferred dealer doesnt have a body shop and has to sublet body work out to a local body shop. I call that bodyshop and basically interviewed them over the phone and they knew quite a bit about it so i felt good sending it to them.

Sadly I still had issues with them but I had the service manager, who actually had a backbone, jump all over them. They tried to strip and paint the the lip and just clear coat the rest of the hood. I had to reject the van twice, my service advisor rejected it a 3rd time and used a marking pen to point out all the imperfections. The first time I rejected it was because the hood was even bolted on straight. They were getting paid to paint the whole hood, about $800, and I will not accept or tolerate anything less.

Do yourself a favor and reject it if you're not happy. Chrysler pays them do metal prep and to paint and refinish the WHOLE hood - not just the lip. If you want to know more about the paint issue look at my post on another thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2017 with 43,000 miles, just noticed the front lip of the hood bubbling. Need to call the dealer and hope for a good experience.
I hope yours is better than mine.. Mine was absolute crap and Chrysler Corp even said they were not going to help.. Look at this CRAP I posted in a different part of this forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2017 too; same problem.
Went to two dealers; none of those wanted to help at all with the issue.
Stating out of warranty [3 y or 30k miles]; no rust; I need to contact Chrysler and so on; all BS!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stating out of warranty [3 y or 30k miles]; no rust; I need to contact Chrysler and so on; all BS!
Sorry you are going through the same crap as myself.. I would contact Chrysler Cares and get a case number started... The more of us who call in with this issue means we have a better chance of getting it fixed and personally they are asking for a class action lawsuit by denying us the 5yr unlimited mileage outer panel warranty!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its amazing how different the dealers can be in handling this problem I had the same problem on my 2017 Pacifica and i took it to our dealer (who has an excellent reputation for quality service and attention in the area). They took photos, submitted them to Chrysler who got back to them in 3 days and gave the ok to have the hood repainted. The body shop did an outstanding job. This went exactly the way it was supposed to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its amazing how different the dealers can be in handling this problem I had the same problem on my 2017 Pacifica and i took it to our dealer (who has an excellent reputation for quality service and attention in the area). They took photos, submitted them to Chrysler who got back to them in 3 days and gave the ok to have the hood repainted. The body shop did an outstanding job. This went exactly the way it was supposed to go.
Thats what they did for me.. took photos and submitted them to chrysler who in turn said they would not cover it.. now why in the heck would Chrysler approve to fix yours and not ours? That's just pure ignorance on their end.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts