2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dealer finally got back to me today. I had to submit a quote from a body shop. They are replacing the hood for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just noticed the bubbling on the lip of my 2018 Pacifica limited and am ready to cry. This vehicle cost me a mint and now this! I dont want to go through the hassles you all did, any suggestions to just getting the hood replaced without all the other run around? Also, isn't the replacement hood going to do the same thing within a year or two?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,263 Posts
So I just noticed the bubbling on the lip of my 2018 Pacifica limited and am ready to cry. This vehicle cost me a mint and now this! I dont want to go through the hassles you all did, any suggestions to just getting the hood replaced without all the other run around? Also, isn't the replacement hood going to do the same thing within a year or two?
The only way to get the hood replaced without the hassle of going through the warranty process would be to just buy yourself a new hood. Obviously you do not want to do that. Just hope that the dealer you take your vehicle to is one of the better ones in trying to help their customers through this process.

If you do get a new hood, you should not see the same issue. Chrysler has identified the issue with the manufacturing process for this part and will have fixed it so it does not keep happening.

You could also send a PM to @ChryslerCares by clicking on their name and clicking on Message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only way to get the hood replaced without the hassle of going through the warranty process would be to just buy yourself a new hood. Obviously you do not want to do that. Just hope that the dealer you take your vehicle to is one of the better ones in trying to help their customers through this process.

If you do get a new hood, you should not see the same issue. Chrysler has identified the issue with the manufacturing process for this part and will have fixed it so it does not keep happening.

You could also send a PM to @ChryslerCares by clicking on their name and clicking on Message.
I am out of the country across the pond with the vehicle. I suppose getting a new hood is the only option for me. Would a replacement hood by Mopar, manufactured in 2019 be free of manufacturing process defect? I have seen posts for model years 2017 and 2018 having this bubbling problem, but nobody with 2019 vehicle?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
What country? Any skilled auto body shop should be able to follow the directions laid out in the Tech Service Bulletin to repaint your existing hood. I'm pretty sure that TSB is available in several languages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue: 2018 - started seeing corrosion on the edge of the hood under the paint within a year but it was very small. Finally grew enough to be a concern so took it to the dealer in early August. So I have been working with a dealer in Charlotte (Keffer Chrysler/Dodge) for almost 3 months with no progress. They took pictures, sent them in, etc.. They have not denied the claim, but are saying they are waiting on Chrysler to approve. Today I made my 4th call and the dealer is trying to help but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ChryslerCares
Please help me with my 2017 Pacifica which has developed the bubbling around the edges of the hood. I took the car to the local dealership in Delray Beach, Florida back in October who took pictures and said they would submit claim to Chrysler. I never heard back from the dealership and after over a month I called back. The rep told me that they didn't hear back from Chrysler yet so I went and opened my own case with Chrysler Cares (# 78007557). This was about a month ago and again, no response. Today I replied to the original email to see if there was any progress only to find out that the case was closed without my knowledge. I called you guys today to see why it was canceled without any notification. The lady I spoke to looked at the case and informed me that you would not cover this because it's past the warranty period (?). When I originally brought the car in it had a little over 49,000 mi. I said I thought the corrosion warranty was longer but she argued that it wasn't corrosion. Sounds like a snow job to me. Please help. This is outrageous that you guys won't take a well known problem that is clearly your fault and make good on it. You're my last hope to make this right.
Olaff Rodko
personal information removed by moderator

·
Super Moderator
1,263 Posts
The @ChryslerCares here is the same department you reach by phone. You could have asked the same question there. As I have @ mentioned them, they should reply here for you.

Reactions: ChryslerCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you read the whole post you would see that I had already done that and it went nowhere. I apologize for accidentally posting this on the open forum as I was trying to PM the Chrysler Cares representative.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you read the whole post you would see that I had already done that and it went nowhere. I apologize for accidentally posting this on the open forum as I was trying to PM the Chrysler Cares representative.
Did you re-post to @ChryslerCares? My other advice would be to find another Chrysler dealer with a better reputation. The one in Delray Beach has a lot of critical reviews citing uncaring service.

·
Super Moderator
1,263 Posts
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I did read the entire post. As you quoted a post from ChryslerCares, it seemed to me that you were posting here to try to get them to try to help, as if you might get a different result.

Waldo's suggestion of trying a different dealer might be the best choice now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Dark Blue Pacifica since February, 2017. Recently, I discovered corrosion developing in several areas along the edges of the hood mostly in the front and the front edges. No similar problems elsewhere. I took it into a dealer yesterday and the service manager took pictures to submit to the Chrysler Warranty department. I was told I would have a decision in a few days. He advised that the hood was aluminum and that can have its own set of problems with corrosion. Mileage is 33,000. Anyone have similar experiences?
I have a 2019 that just started showing a bubble on the front of the hood. Wow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue: 2018 - started seeing corrosion on the edge of the hood under the paint within a year but it was very small. Finally grew enough to be a concern so took it to the dealer in early August. So I have been working with a dealer in Charlotte (Keffer Chrysler/Dodge) for almost 3 months with no progress. They took pictures, sent them in, etc.. They have not denied the claim, but are saying they are waiting on Chrysler to approve. Today I made my 4th call and the dealer is trying to help but not holding my breath.

Update: The dealer did eventually repair the hood in early January and so far the work looks good. As I understand there is a specific process from Chrysler that determines whether they either fully replace or repair the problem (I think the doc is in one of these postings). I will update a few months down to report the condition of the hood as I have heard that sometimes these issues sometimes 'bubble up' again :p

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited with less than 22,000 miles and always garaged (only mention the details to amplify the problem being with the manufacturer and not the customers). I went to my local dealer this morning and they took photos of the front edge of the hood paint bubbles and sent them to Chrysler for the necessary approvals. The dealer indicated that they expected an answer from Chrysler within a week to 10 days. I will update this post once Chrysler approves the repair or replacement of the hood. As an aside, I spoke to the body shop associated with the dealer and they indicated that they refinish 3 or 4 a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Dark Blue Pacifica since February, 2017. Recently, I discovered corrosion developing in several areas along the edges of the hood mostly in the front and the front edges. No similar problems elsewhere. I took it into a dealer yesterday and the service manager took pictures to submit to the Chrysler Warranty department. I was told I would have a decision in a few days. He advised that the hood was aluminum and that can have its own set of problems with corrosion. Mileage is 33,000. Anyone have similar experiences?
Yes I have the exact same situation with cherry red 2017 pacifica

41 - 55 of 55 Posts