2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Good luck, I just dealt with chysler care after the dealer played dumb on the corrosion warranty. 40k on the van they tried to deny fixing it. Finally they made me get a quote from a private body shop, wouldn't cover a hood replacement and tried to make me feel like I was getting a favor for the 600 bucks they were paying to bandaid a poor product. Then when the van was going to take 4 days to repair, they wouldn't help with rental car cost since my wife and kids were now without a vehicle for a week. This was because they already "helped me out" with the hood. I cannot recall a time where I was made to feel so guilty about getting a repair that 1) I'm entitled to under the warranty and 2) wasn't my fault. I may not have a lot of reach but I will do everything I can to tell everyone I know about this experience, and to never buy a chrysler van. Hope the $120 bucks saved on the 4 day rental and the painful process of trying to deny til i left was worth it. Fool me once....
Your experience is entirely the dealer's fault. You should try to locate a better dealer for your next service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well it was all through chryslercare so not sure how thats possible. But twice now you have downplayed how myself and others are being dealt with by chrysler, so I'm unclear on your motivation to pretend they are doing what they are supposed to or handling it well.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,744 Posts
Well it was all through chryslercare so not sure how thats possible. But twice now you have downplayed how myself and others are being dealt with by chrysler, so I'm unclear on your motivation to pretend they are doing what they are supposed to or handling it well.
ChryslerCares does not control what you do get paid for and what is not going to be paid. They are just an interface between the public reaching out through social media and forums like this to try to bring the proper contacts together to try to resolve owners issues. They have no power to decide anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its the corporate chrysler/FCA customer support line. Call it what you wish, but it says chrysler customer care in the menu prompt so I lumped them together. Regardless it was not through the dealer though they were even less helpful. I'm still baffled with the concept that I as a consumer should feel the need to drive 2 hours to the next chrysler dealer for acceptable customer service. Im new here but is it just accepted to be treated this way? I will use a different dealer next time I buy a van, a Honda dealer. Really only here for the others that are getting bent over to know they are not alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica with 68,069 miles. The hood has bubbles on it and I recently discovered that this is a common problem with the 2017 Pacifica. I also see from the forum that this is a manufacturing defect. Will Chrysler fix this problem on my car?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Check with a dealer that has a good reputation in your area, and also has their own body shop (this is important). They will take a photo and submit it to Chrysler for approval.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,744 Posts
Reading the other posts in this thread will show you have to contact Chrysler through your dealer to initiate a claim. They will have to take images that will be forwarded to Chrysler for evaluation.

Reactions: ChryslerCares

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I and having same issues with my 2017 Pacifica. What can I do to get this fix
Hello @Dwilsonb,
@peterweb is correct. The please initiate the process with your dealer. If additional assistance is needed please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Surprise, I recently saw bubbling on my 2017 Pacifica on the passenger side of the hood, where everyone, without exception, has been seeing bubbles. Off to the dealer tomorrow to see if Chrysler will repair the spots (2) or not. Will keep everyone posted with Chrysler's answer. I loved driving Plymouths, and this is my second Chrysler in 20 years, might be my last if the body decomposes so quickly

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same exact bubbling on my 2017 jazzy blue Pacifica. Chrysler did open a claim but I’m hesitant on having it fixed. I feel it’s a bandaid for a much lager problem. I’ve had my car in several times because I feel that the paint is thin in spots. Chrysler needs to invest a little more time and effort in their product. I feel 50k for my Pacifica would warrant better paint

·
Registered
11 Posts
Surprise, I recently saw bubbling on my 2017 Pacifica on the passenger side of the hood, where everyone, without exception, has been seeing bubbles. Off to the dealer tomorrow to see if Chrysler will repair the spots (2) or not. Will keep everyone posted with Chrysler's answer. I loved driving Plymouths, and this is my second Chrysler in 20 years, might be my last if the body decomposes so quickly
That new Kia van is looking pretty tight right now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I discovered this issue on the leading edge of my hood last week. I brought it in to my local Chrysler dealer today. I have a 2018 Limited with 23,000 miles on it.

I had paint protection film installed on the vehicle just after delivery. I'm assuming that Chrysler will pay to replace that film when the corrosion issue is fixed - has anyone else experienced paint protection film replacement as part of the fix? Also, I've read about a TSB on this issue - can someone link it please? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its the corporate chrysler/FCA customer support line. Call it what you wish, but it says chrysler customer care in the menu prompt so I lumped them together. Regardless it was not through the dealer though they were even less helpful. I'm still baffled with the concept that I as a consumer should feel the need to drive 2 hours to the next chrysler dealer for acceptable customer service. Im new here but is it just accepted to be treated this way? I will use a different dealer next time I buy a van, a Honda dealer. Really only here for the others that are getting bent over to know they are not alone.
Wonder why tesla is eating these folks lunch?? Oh right, they show up at your door for service. Not having to take multiple days off to drive hours to multiple dealers hoping to find one that will provide any semblance of service for your 40 thousand dollar purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess I'm officially joining the party... Has anyone confirmed that this is a 5 year warranty? My 36m warranty has expired on this 2018 already...
Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

• Angry
Reactions: kentfield1951

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Limited S-type Brilliant Black
1 Posts
I have owned a 2017 TL+ and a 2017 Limited and currently own a 2018 Limited S Type and they have all had the corrosion on the hood. My coworker also has a 2017 TL+ with the same issue. Each one I took into the dealer locally here, they took pictures, scheduled the warranty repair and gave me a loaner for the week it was in. It is a factory defect, and it does not appear to be limited to any model or year. I walk by Pacificas in parking lots and notice the same issue. My 2017 Limited even had over 70K on it and they fixed it, no questions asked. It might help that I am in Minnesota where corrosion is part of the evolutionary cycle.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts