2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Good for you for fostering and adopting!

Yep, we encountered the same thing. They always want the screens, even for a short trip.

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
50 Posts
I was looking for a van without the built in theater, however, the TouringLPlus for 2020 comes with it built in, and I couldn't find a Limited without it. My kids are at an age that they don't need the screens and prefer their own devices. I could do without it, but it was included in all the vans on the lot that I wanted. The kids use it here and there but, it is far from necessary for them. However, the USB charge ports are a hit with them.

However, on my old minivan, we had the built-in DVD screen. I'd say that if your kids are young, go for the theater. Having control of the screens/volume from the front seat is WAY safer when you're on a roadtrip or just need to get their attention.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I’ll update the first post but we just got a 2018 (build 2/18) Touring L Plus with 25k miles. Headphone/remote theater box had never been opened. Originated in MI and was a lease but very limited if any small speckles of rust on some nuts. About 25k$ out the door. The one with safety was 27k with 20 thousand miles but I could hear a rubbing in front left when braking. Something going on and I wasn’t interested in learning what.
Kids love the theater. We are going to take it on a 10 hour trip to Colorado this weekend. My wife finds the dvd most useful in small trips around town. The tablets certainly come out a bit more when we are on road trips because our dvd stash only goes so far. But screen time is totally understandable. We will/are learning the right balance there.

I find that screen cast to the theater is very interesting. I didn’t know it did that. So we can throw whatever we want from our devices on there. Pretty excited for that.
Happy with our decision so far. I will quickly stop looking at new ones that come up so I don’t drive myself crazy with what could have been haha. And remember that 99% of time I don’t even get to drive the thing and my wife could mostly care less about much of the other features available lol.

Would you all recommend taking it to the local dealer for a check up and to get a maintenance schedule for it?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Awesome. Fantastic news. Now post some pictures of your new ride.
Yeah definitely take it to the dealership for a thorough check up and do all the usual bits to spruce it up.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks. I already broke the retaining clip holding the 2nd row headrests. Hope to find more useful mods but that was like the first thing that clearly needed to be fixed by the owner.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,069 Posts
Thanks. I already broke the retaining clip holding the 2nd row headrests. Hope to find more useful mods but that was like the first thing that clearly needed to be fixed by the owner.
Congratulations on your van!
If you need some photos for fixing the retaining clip here's a link to some photos. Some owners have to remove headrests for child carseats to fit properly.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future. More extensive owner's manuals can be downloaded from the Mopar website if desired.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Wow. @SciTchr is truly one of the resident experts here. Always pointing in the right direction.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,069 Posts
Wow. @SciTchr is truly one of the resident experts here. Always pointing in the right direction.
Thanks.
@sburnett It appears there are a variety of ways headrests are attached, so if the way in post #47 isn't the right one, there are other photos and even a video of other ways to remove/install headrests. Sometimes the search feature helps find things (especially when I've seen it before).

41 - 49 of 49 Posts