2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope to be Pacifica owner soon! I’ve been lurking around here for the past week – great resource btw – and enjoying the learning.

I currently have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and will keep it. Looking to add a minivan because I recently took the family, including aging parents, on a 1.5 hr trip in the Jeep. I kept getting complaints on the ride from my dad whenever we went over the slightest bump and it was difficult for both m&d to get in; it won’t be the last time we take a trip together. I finally decided on a minivan vs large SUV. I think the Pacifica is the best looking minivan!

I brought my kids along for a test drive this past Sunday. I can’t believe they said this, but they said they like it better than my Jeep lol! I think they like the luxury and I gotta say, it was a nice change for me too. The handling was great, comfy ride, love the tri-pane sunroof, storage capacity is huge (w/o seats), lots of bells and whistles – a lot to love about the Pacifica.

I’d like to get the Hybrid, but don’t know if I want to wait that long since I prefer the Silver Teal color. Stow-n-go or no Stow-n-go…pre-order Hybrid or wait until they start making their way to dealers...not sure which direction I'll go yet.

Currently wrestling with these options:
Limited, Jazz Blue/Deep Mocha (not sure if I want “brown”)
Limited, Jazz Blue/Alloy
Platinum Hybrid Silver Teal

Most of my weekly driving is city to take the kids to school/pickup, sometimes to and from practice. I work from home and sometimes I don’t have to drive at all – not sure if the Hybrid makes sense.

I'm a little indecisive right now :smile2:

· Registered
137 Posts
I've got a Jazz Blue waiting to be built. It seems like 10 weeks or so for delivery, but some folks are getting build dates that would indicate a faster turnaround. If you check reviews, the bucket seats in Hybrid are way more comfortable for 2nd row seats which would help with your parents. Plus, if you take into consideration the 7500 fed credit, 1500 state credit most states get, and at least where I live, the electric utility adds a $500 bill credit, so you can have the speced out Hybrid for cheaper than a Touring L Plus.

I'm having a hard time being patient, but I know the Hybrid is the better deal - even though the Gas variants are on crazy sales right now and my dealer had 18 on the lot.

· Registered
229 Posts
Plus, if you take into consideration the 7500 fed credit, 1500 state credit most states get, and at least where I live, the electric utility adds a $500 bill credit, so you can have the speced out Hybrid for cheaper than a Touring L Plus.
Whether this is true depends on where you live. Also, different people will qualify for varying Chrysler incentives on the gas model. For me, a Touring-L Plus with Chrysler incentives would be almost 4K less out-the-door than a Platinum Hybrid with Federal / State incentives.

· Registered
178 Posts
Maybe off topic, but check out the extended warranty threads here and the rebate threads. You don't have to get the warranty at time of purchase and the dealer will mark it way up. Also don't get talked into an accessories that you can just buy cheaper on your own!

You're gonna love the Pacifica.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the thread on differences between the Platinum Hybrid and Limited trims. For instance, HID headlights and memory seats are only offered on the Limited.
Thanks, just read through the differences between the Limited and Platinum. Very helpful.

It both helped and confused me more, but coming from a Wrangler with very limited bells and whistles, I don't know why I suddenly think I need everything listed for the Limited - now I'm just feeling greedy :grin2:

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a Jazz Blue waiting to be built. It seems like 10 weeks or so for delivery, but some folks are getting build dates that would indicate a faster turnaround. If you check reviews, the bucket seats in Hybrid are way more comfortable for 2nd row seats which would help with your parents. Plus, if you take into consideration the 7500 fed credit, 1500 state credit most states get, and at least where I live, the electric utility adds a $500 bill credit, so you can have the speced out Hybrid for cheaper than a Touring L Plus.
All good points. I'll have to check on a sate credit or utility credit here in Northern Virginia. Sadly, I won't benefit from the entire $7500 fed credit, only about 1/5th.

I do like the more comfortable captain's chairs in the hybrid, which would definitely be appreciated by the parents.

· Registered
137 Posts
All good points. I'll have to check on a sate credit or utility credit here in Northern Virginia. Sadly, I won't benefit from the entire $7500 fed credit, only about 1/5th.

I do like the more comfortable captain's chairs in the hybrid, which would definitely be appreciated by the parents.
Perhaps look into leasing with a buyout at the end? I could benefit from the entire tax credit with my current situation, but if I lease it still gets factored in and I don't have to wait a year to get the money back. Plus, I'll still have $7500 otherwise in my pocket that I can stick in the bank for future buyout. Am I missing anything with that strategy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.