2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting! If you make and market that adapter for a decent price, I would buy one. After I eventually bought this van - Don't have one yet, have to save up, as they're not cheap, lol.

Question - From behind the 2nd row seats to the inside of the rear hatch, what's the available length, width, and height? Same question also for when the second row seats are removed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From behind the second row seats when fully slid forward (hybrid only), the width is 50", length is 62" at the floor, height varies quite a bit. We made a bed platform on wire rack shelving which is 7.5" over the floor at the trunk lid and about 15" right behind the second row. I'm 5' 10" and can almost sit up straight on the platform near the front part. At the height my bed touches the second row seat backs, I'm just barely able to lay completely stretched out flat.

We designed the device so that you can unplug the car wires part, the ensure it won't do anything while the car is driving. Also, if you're not in Park, the car just tells you that you must shift to park first, fortunately, so even if we forgot it wouldn't turn the car off on the freeway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From behind the second row seats when fully slid forward (hybrid only), the width is 50", length is 62" at the floor, height varies quite a bit. We made a bed platform on wire rack shelving which is 7.5" over the floor at the trunk lid and about 15" right behind the second row. I'm 5' 10" and can almost sit up straight on the platform near the front part. At the height my bed touches the second row seat backs, I'm just barely able to lay completely stretched out flat.

We designed the device so that you can unplug the car wires part, the ensure it won't do anything while the car is driving. Also, if you're not in Park, the car just tells you that you must shift to park first, fortunately, so even if we forgot it wouldn't turn the car off on the freeway.
Thanks for the measurements. That 62" length could be troublesome, as I am 72 inches tall, and I want to set up my (future) PacHy while still maintaining the two middle row seats. Looks like I might have to give up at least one of them. If one of the middle row seats was removed, what would the width/length available be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you remove a middle row seat, you have about 8' from the trunk to the front seat, which should be plenty. If you're just one person, you could probably just get a cot to put in it, too, if you can find something to put under the front end to flatten out the floor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You don't have to push the brake pedal to turn the car on, though you have to push start twice instead of once and the dash display doesn't say "Ready to Drive". Nonetheless, if plugged in, the climate comes on fully in this state (including both heater and A/C).

When the car is unplugged and turned on without the brake (two presses, Start Button says 'Run') it looks like the fan runs but A/C and the heater don't.

Unplugged with the brake, it's full climate.

You can replicate this at home by looking at the energy use screen after turning it on in different situations. =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great project! I'm wondering if there might be a way to create a purely analog circuit to accomplish the same thing?

Perhaps: A circuit that is powered itself by the buttons "run" lamp. It would have a toggle switch to arm or disarm itself. It would slowly charge up two small capacitors. When the van times out and the run light goes out, capacitor one would energize the button relay once. Then the second capacitor would energize the button relay a second time.

The rub would be that it only works when plugged in for charging. When not plugged in, the brake needs to be pressed. Which could be added to the circuit with another tap and relay, but could introduce a possible safety issue. Then again, when not plugged in one can just use the "leave it in neutral" trick.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts