2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

#hotelprius.. #hotelPacifica?

40K views 60 replies 32 participants last post by  ScottL 
#1 ·
The manual states that the car will auto turn off after one hour of being kept in 'run' mode (I think that is what it is called). It says while in 'ACC' mode only certain accessories are available. Since the pacifica has a battery that is around 12x that of the prius, will it run heat/ac and charge electronics while in ACC mode, since in run mode it will timeout? Then the engine will turn on periodically to recharge the battery, like the prius? Hope this makes sense.

#41 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I am so glad to have found this site. I was thinking of buying a hybrid Chrysler Pacifica and using this as a camper van via a conversion kit Instant Camper conversion | RiverLeaf Camper Conversion | United States ,had wanted to buy a Toyota Sienna because according to a few Youtube videos they were better but they are hard to get and expensive, so after reading some of these comments I went over to Carvana, yes, yes, I know it's often a better deal to look at some independent dealer websites, but there are filters on the mega car sales sites, but much to my chagrin and dismay on Carvana they said they will stop selling Pacifica Hybrid as they have a safety recall. I googled the subject, and this article came up Chrysler Pacifica Safety Recalls: How Many Is Too Many? - VehicleHistory (so don't know which recall they are talking about) I know this is a forum for people who have/want them so don't want to disparage them but am really scared to buy them now, can anyone enlighten me on this.

With the cost of the hybrid mini-vans could just buy a used RV, but the main expense now is fuel costs and reading here even this brand hybrid has the temp. control that all Prius users rave about so that's why I want to buy a hybrid van.

#42 ·
There are no currently outstanding recalls except on ones that owners refuse to have completed. Carvana needs to get their head checked.

As for the other link, you can't lump the current 2017-2022 with the JUNK crossovers from 2004-2008 they are not the same vehicle or the same tech.

"Chrysler has issued nineteen recalls for Pacifica since 2004 " Trash article.

#44 ·
The "bed " foldable were on the 3rd rear seat until the driver seat . Without the bed, we keep like this 2+3 seats available. Water was in the deep trunk with à little pump. And flexible solar panel on the roof, with lithium battery (separate with the car of course, indépendant)

#47 ·
hey all, need someone with a little spare time to try something. as strange as this may be, I can reproduce this behavior at will on my 21 PacHy (like dozens of times in past 45 days), and I suspect it only started after my tailgate software flash for the timeout issue.

My PacHy does not shut off anymore while in run mode after 45min/1hr of idle. it literally will stay on for hours, and I have sat at a chargepoint L2 charger at work running climate, uconnect movie, phone charging etc in 35deg F - 50deg F (so no engine cycling) for 5.5hrs once cause I feel asleep. I can consistently do this for 3hrs stretches every time.

Now don't ask me why/how I know this behavior, but I believe it might be tied somehow to not opening any of the vehicle doors after placing it run. I'm curious if anyone can duplicate this, cause I will definitely exploit it for exactly the reason in this thread. I am confident I can sleep in it with climate on, all electric overnight, etc when plugged in at camp ground, or EV highway stop - going 5.5hrs to 8+ is almost guaranteed for mine. it is very likely a corner case or some bug/glitch, but I couldn't do this in my 2018 PacHy from what I recall, and can't test that theory firsthand. If any 21 or 22 owner can check, and also 1717-20. Would like to see numbers

p.s. don't tell Chrysler

Reactions: capnMyCapn
#48 ·
hey all, need someone with a little spare time to try something. as strange as this may be, I can reproduce this behavior at will on my 21 PacHy (like dozens of times in past 45 days), and I suspect it only started after my tailgate software flash for the timeout issue.

My PacHy does not shut off anymore while in run mode after 45min/1hr of idle. it literally will stay on for hours, and I have sat at a chargepoint L2 charger at work running climate, uconnect movie, phone charging etc in 35deg F - 50deg F (so no engine cycling) for 5.5hrs once cause I feel asleep. I can consistently do this for 3hrs stretches every time.

Now don't ask me why/how I know this behavior, but I believe it might be tied somehow to not opening any of the vehicle doors after placing it run. I'm curious if anyone can duplicate this, cause I will definitely exploit it for exactly the reason in this thread. I am confident I can sleep in it with climate on, all electric overnight, etc when plugged in at camp ground, or EV highway stop - going 5.5hrs to 8+ is almost guaranteed for mine. it is very likely a corner case or some bug/glitch, but I couldn't do this in my 2018 PacHy from what I recall, and can't test that theory firsthand. If any 21 or 22 owner can check, and also 1717-20. Would like to see numbers

p.s. don't tell Chrysler
Hey, Could you lte me know how to flash software for tailgate? I have pachy 2021

#56 ·
Yes, it would only run as needed.