2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent long trip I downloaded an Audible book from Amazon to my phone, but did not know it was not complete. While driving Audible reloaded the book, since it was a long book (~1 tera byte) it completely exhausted my account. Be careful careful with audio books!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome to the forum!

Wow, that’s a looooong book. Maybe it was 1 GB? 1 TB is 1,000 GB which is hours and hours of 4K content...

It is indeed a good idea to keep an eye on what your devices are doing while connected to the car’s hotspot. For example, iPhones ship by default to download app updates and OS updates only when on WiFi, not on cellular. So when you get in your car and the phone connects to the car’s hotspot, your iPhone could say - Hey, a WiFi? Great let’s download the latest iOS update that just posted. And before you know it, you have a few GB download that happened in the background...

Not really ATT hotspot problem, and not an iPhone problem. More the problem of an assumption from the software developpers that WiFi => fast, free, unlimited pipe. Which in the case of any cellular-based WiFi hotspot is not the case....

Thanks for the reminder to keep an eye on what our devices are doing...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The book is East of Eden by Steinbeck, it is ~26 hours long, and ~1g Byte (I have been unable to find the exact file size). It and the Grapes of Wrath are real classics and great for very long trips (eg Boston to Orlando).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts