2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
We're on track to get our best mileage per tank. Usually we get around 750-900 miles between fill-ups...right now we're barely using the van and am around 800mi at half a tank. And I haven't driven my Charger in two weeks. Thank god our day care is still open; I'dve lost my mind working from home with a 5 and 3 yr old. They just don't listen.

Registered
Well, I broke my ankle in early February and had to have surgery and a cast which I just got removed yesterday. Can't drive which means I have to bite my tongue when my wife drives but then beggars can't be choosers. My life hasn't really changed because I was stuck in the house before all this happened. We were fortunate enough to take a 17 day trip to New Zealand in January where Aukland was absolutely overrun with Chinese tourists and knowing what we know now, we should definitely have practice social distancing with them.

Registered
Got my exercise today grocery shopping at Walmart and Costco. Limiting item for us is milk, so in addition to powdered milk as a back up, I realized that I could get evaporated milk. Reminded me of my grandmother who seemed to have evaporated milk in her refrigerator often. So there's a blast from the past for those who know what I'm talking about.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
With all this happening globally I鈥檓 curious to see what the new norm will become. With all the capitalization markets borrowing monies , bailouts etc , and all the cheap gas how the full on electric vehicles will fair . It鈥檚 definitely going to be a crazy time in the automotive sector, like it was t crazy enough to begin with. The new path will be very different than old new path indeed .

Registered
We cut our annual Florida snowbird excursion short, and are now back home in Illinois. We never paid more than $2.00 on the way home. Right around our area it is $1.89, and that's with high Illinois gas taxes.

Cheap gas will sort the "save the planet" people from the "save me some money" folks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah , just took off my snows and put my 20鈥檚 on yesterday . Gas was .58 litre , programmed to think that鈥檚 cheap , here in Toronto gas is usually 1.20 litre . Van has full charge and tank but no where to go ....lol...

Registered
Van is sitting in the driveway full of cheap gas and no where to go. Just a quick early morning run to the seniors only hour at the grocery. The potential consequences to those 70 and up is a risk I am not willing to take. At best, we may go for a ride in the country but we are avoiding direct contact (including our own kids) until this settles down. I have gotten some indoor projects finished that have been on the list for a long time, This may be the time to finally look at the basement with a critical eye.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Glad to hear that things are good for you guys down south . Smart move social isolating and stay safe my American friends 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Glad to hear that things are good for you guys down south . Smart move social isolating and stay safe my American friends 馃嚭馃嚫
We have enjoyed Toronto several times.

Cook County (Chicago) is a hotspot and going out for any reason is not for me. Chicken? Maybe but I have read stories of what people feel before going into the hospital and breathing like there is a belt around your chest is not something I want to experience. Besides I have that tank of gas to use! Being an engineer I understand the math behind exponential growth. Staying out of circulation is the best way to stop it.

Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
Not chicken. SMART!!!.

One quote I like to remember....Better to miss your friends for a couple of months, than to loose them forever. 7

Isolate and stay safe, and healthy.

Registered
Well, this corona crud has certainly put a dent in my life... I retired 31 March only to change from sitting at my desk teleworking to puttering around the house. All of the fun stuff I planned to do is either closed or cancelled. The parks around me have been pretty busy because the weather is getting warmer in Ohio and people are going stir-crazy. Local news is saying the authorities are thinking about closing the county parks.

This too shall pass but until then I guess I'll have to entertain myself by re-arranging the furniture daily.

Registered
We're on track to get our best mileage per tank. Usually we get around 750-900 miles between fill-ups...right now we're barely using the van and am around 800mi at half a tank. And I haven't driven my Charger in two weeks. Thank god our day care is still open; I'dve lost my mind working from home with a 5 and 3 yr old. They just don't listen.
Working at home with a 4 year old and a 6 year old.

The trick so far is to keep them separated. In groups, the whining feedback loop is infiinite.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts