2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are a few days from deciding on a 2018 Pacifica. The wife is babysitting the kids and should be back home Saturday. Depending on what they offer for our 2015 Chrysler T&C - we might just buy a 2018 Pacific. Simply can't beat the price. Anywho - like everything else I do - I research my next vehicle a bunch primarily on forums. I know that auto forums are 80% members joining because they had a problem and looking for a solution. So - I have a pretty good handle on the possible problems experienced by a small percentage of owners - I want to hear the good stuff now.

So - how about ONLY GOOD STORIES about your Pacifica. :smile2:

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think as you continue browsing, you will find lots of such stories already on the forum. Try "New Member Introductions," "Chrysler Pacifica Minivan MPG and Fuel Economy," "Chrysler Pacifica Minivan versus the Competition," and "What Did You Do to Your Chrysler Pacifica Today" sub-forums, for a taste.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PacificaMinivanFan for your suggestion. I have pretty much browsed most of sub-forums. I enjoy reading member experiences after owning the Pacifica for a few months. I will keep browsing.

Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If you want some hard core fans of Pacifica, then check out the “S”owner’s too. They are a cool bunch. But I love my Pacifica too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Since you have a '15 T&C, you will find much in common - like being able to stow BOTH rows of seats, but in a much more modern package.
I traded in a T&C - I've had a Chrysler mini-van since 1985 - this is the best one yet, by far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looking for a good story? How about a great comment from my wife (primary driver). After owning two T&C prior and also owning a Charger Scat Pack, I asked her if she had any regrets or complaints about buying our 18 PacHy. She said " I still don't like the knob that shifts the car and I wish this had the 392 hemi with also being a hybrid.) I think she might be addicted to Horsepower.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I originally bought my Pacifica to transport stuff and pets back and forth to our place in the mountains. We sold that house, but the Pacifica still proves too useful to consider letting go. Last week my wife wanted to upgrade the TV in the guest room. Being the male of the species, I took that to mean we upgrade the living room TV and move that TV to the guest room. The new 75" TV fit in the back of the Pacifica with no problem. In a few weeks, I'll probably be driving the office crew to the Christmas party in Phoenix. Nobody else has a car/truck that can comfortably haul seven people. Costco runs are child's play for this thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had issues with our Pacifica (new in January 2018) but I knew that this generation van would have some growing pains. So while I might grouse about the issues, I really do like my Pacifica Touring L. It carries a lot; with the towing package, the power generation and cooling systems are beefed up; acceleration is more than sufficient (who really needs to go from 0 to 60 in only 4.5 seconds as some cars will); the ride is smooth and quiet; the mileage is very good considering the size and shape of a minivan versus a small sedan; and when FCA gets the bugs all figured out (hope they will, lol) this van will be one of the better versions they built. Even with issues, I would recommend people buy one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have had our Pac Limited for 2 years, 20,000+ miles. Loving it. Only time to the dealer was for recalls (which weren't causing any problems) and a couple of oil changes. Been on 3-4 700 mile trips, mpg around 30. It's funny to me that some friends when they 1st see it don't realize that it is a mini van. LOL The new style was a major influence in buying. We often carry 5-6 adults. All are impressed with the comfort and ease of getting in and out. No SUV can come close. Would buy again in a heart beat. Maybe consider a hybrid the next time. Hope what ever you get will perform as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a '17 and other than recalls, no major issues. My wife and I love this vehicle and it's actually are first Chrysler product. We were a GM family and no regrets here. No one offers what this Minivan offers. All the newer crossovers are a joke compared to these. It's fun to drive, features found in luxury cars, and quiet and smooth handling. Hope you have a great experience as we have so far!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Been a Chrysler minivan owner since 1988. This is by far the best. Good MPG on trips. Hauls stuff well. When Stow and Go came out, that was a true winner for me.

What amazed me though was, after looking at what I paid for the first van in 1988 and adjusting for inflation, the 2018 cost me about about what I paid for the first one. The new one has so many advanced features and refinements over that first one that in real dollers, the new one was less costly.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looking for a good story? How about a great comment from my wife (primary driver). After owning two T&C prior and also owning a Charger Scat Pack, I asked her if she had any regrets or complaints about buying our 18 PacHy. She said " I still don't like the knob that shifts the car and I wish this had the 392 hemi with also being a hybrid.) I think she might be addicted to Horsepower.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Maybe Mrs. Leadfoot would also like a pistol grip manual transmission :grin2:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I love my Pacifica!

I love my Pacifica so much that I am getting another one at lease end in 2 months! Mine has been trouble free except for the rear hatch chime (fixed under SB). I love how great mine rides and all of the tech. I think it is really amazing!
I do have to get the ESS on a '19 as my '17 did not have it so I am not looking forward to that. However, my Pacifica is my first FCA product and was a two year experiment that I am happy to report is a success! Looking forward to my next one!
John

·
Registered
96 Posts
After two years and 24,000 miles I’m still totally in love with this vehicle. Except for some minor Uconnect problems at the beginning and a dead battery it has been extremely reliable. It is smooth quiet elegant well made and so extremely useful. My dogs love it when I have the middle row down,which gives them a lot of space, and the third seat up so they can look out the windows. My friends love it when I can take four couples to dinner without taking several cars. FCA hit a homerun with this one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Whats not to like , the size and the comfort and the ergonomincs are second to none. I prefer the hybrid over the gas due to the mileage and transmission real world driving characteritics . The ability to use gas and plug in was and brainer for me , best of both worlds, I guess but I'm slightly biased ..lol...Take one for a drive and I'm sure you'll be hooked . Enjoy!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone for your comments. We pulled the trigger and bought a 2019 Pacifica!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I ordered my Pacifica Limited fully loaded back in end of July of 2016. Got it 45 days later and still love it. It is my 31st Chrysler minivan and each model has improvements, and this one is no exception, with all the new tech it is unbelievable. I still have 3 of my older Chrysler vans I kept including my first one, a 1985 Caravan LE and getting into that one and comparing the Pacifica is like Flintstones compared to the Jetsons! I know have 30K miles on mine. I do about 32K miles a year on a car and was driving the Pacifica every day except the last 5 months to commute.....giving her a rest! I did say when I ordered this Pacifica, that I was going to keep her (I usually trade within a year), but this time I mean it, or at-least she will stay with me if I get another Chrysler van. I have a lifetime bumper to bumper on her. so I can almost run her into the ground if I was to put all the miles on her and still be good.

I only had 4 updates done that took care of minute issues, but I expected that as it was a NEW run. I have a few Chrysler minivan Facebook groups and plenty in my Pacifica only group that are also in love with theirs. Not just the gripers joined. I even did a poll and 95% were happy and no issues.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/175112859513921/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chryslerminivans/

Chrysler to date has sold 298,964 Chrysler minivans from start March 2016 till Dec 2018 so far. Out of all those it is a VERY minute number that had issues. I feel bad for those that do, or did, but it was like a fraction of a percent.

My Grammy bought her a Pacifica as well, she tows/travels with hers 80% of the time. In fact it was ordered Feb. 2017 and now has 20K miles of pulling a 3,000 lb camper all over the US. Not 1 issue.

Things I love.....the looks, the adaptive cruise control, just like all my previous Chrysler vans...the fact that is so practical, getting around, comfortable, can move almost anything. Pics are of my 2017 Pacifica in the Tusk white for 2017. Also extra pics showing my current fleet with my classics....my older minivans I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I only have one unsolved problem (that my learning curve will figure out). For the life of me I can't figure out how to play a CD. I have a feeling it is because it is a country western CD! SMILE So far, it does show up on the monitors behind the front seats. SMILE Oh my - I guess I will have to pull out the owners manual - imagine that!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I only have one unsolved problem (that my learning curve will figure out). For the life of me I can't figure out how to play a CD. I have a feeling it is because it is a country western CD! SMILE So far, it does show up on the monitors behind the front seats. SMILE Oh my - I guess I will have to pull out the owners manual - imagine that!
I don't have the CD player, but if you search the forum, there were threads on how to do it. It seemed complicated at the time.
Here is a roundabout way from the end of a thread for 2017 Pacificas. Not sure if it will work on a 2019.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/103633-post18.html
For a 2019 van you might want to check and/or download owner's manuals from Mopar and Uconnect in case the procedure is different. Check the Multimedia section of the manuals if CD player isn't listed.

It is probably better to list questions in the appropriate threads in case more people want to respond to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...It is probably better to list questions in the appropriate threads in case more people want to respond to them...
You are absolutely correct - just another senior moment! I will try your referenced solution.

Thanks again...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
S&WOWNER
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing