2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, has anyone found any elegant smartphone mounting solutions for their Pacificas? We usually navigate using our phones and so are looking for mounts that are at eye level, possibly around the A/C vents.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi All, has anyone found any elegant smartphone mounting solutions for their Pacificas? We usually navigate using our phones and so are looking for mounts that are at eye level, possibly around the A/C vents.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
ProClip makes nice no drill kits, see hyperlink below. They are a little pricey as you have to buy the mount and phone holder separately. However, I have purchased kits for previous vehicles and been very pleased with the fit and quality. Not to mention the fact that separating the mount and phone holder allows you to switch phones without having to replace the whole unit.

Happy Thanksgiving,
KW

Chrysler*Pacifica*2017*Dashboard Mounts*-*ProClip USA

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since I tend to be on my phone often and need to read messages all while staying safe on the road, I keep a windshield mount, the type you typically find at walmart and any autoparts store. That way even when looking at my phone I still have one eye on the road or can get a sense of what's going on. Other than that it's in my hand.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Another +1 for ProClip here! ProClipUSA.com

You buy two pieces that screw together. One is custom to the phone, can be rotated and holds a charging/data cable...the other is custom to the vehicle and generally just snaps in place. Looks practically OEM when installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
We use Kenu in both of our vehicles. They mount to a slat in the heat/AC vents.
I mean no disrespect to your decision when I say that I am not a fan of solutions that mount to the HVAC vents. The issue is that it tends to block the air when needed... but even worse, will overheat the device in the winter when the heat is used, etc.

Obviously I am not the majority since those solutions sell like hot-cakes. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I mean no disrespect to your decision...:)
No disrespect taken in what you wrote. Everybody has their opinion and makes their own decisions.

It's not unusual for a summer day in my area for a summer day to be over 100. We've never felt the phone kept us from being comfortable. I don't like heated air hitting my face, so heat is directed to the vents in the foot area.

I checked out the ProClip because I am always open to better options and didn't like where the phone is mounted in their photos. It's too low for me as I want the phone mounted higher to enable me to glance at it and still have some peripheral vision on the road. The "commercial mount" is higher but it blocks the AC vent.

I like how the Kenu mount is very easily removed and can be installed quickly in another vehicle I'm renting or or when I'm navigating for someone as a passenger.

I'm just sharing what works for us.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree that the positioning of the ProClip solution for the Pacifica is a bit off-to-the-side due to almost every square inch of visible space being occupied by something that one needs to look at... except for the vents. Having the phone mounted on the vent puts it in a much more convenient, glanceable location. Still, I tend to not really *look* at my phone much when driving... so I am okay with it off to the side like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ProClip Thanksgiving Discount

Coincidentally I just saw an email from ProClip in my inbox with a 20% sitewide Thanksgiving discount. See below if you are interested.

Enter Code: HOLIDAY16 at checkout. Offer expires 11:59pm eastern 11/28/2016

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I generally keep my phone in my pocket and use the Uconnect screen for Nav and listening to text messages.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I bought the proclip and assumed I could use any of the 20 phone holders that mount to other mounts could be used, I was wrong. Proclip wants you to buy their own mounts and holders. So I have a pro clip mount installed, but no ph holder.

·
Registered
197 Posts
FYI Tony. Uconnect and your phone can be set to read your text messages to you. That is safer than taking your eyes off the road. For sure you can do this with an iPhone as mine is set up this way. I believe Android is even better integrated with Uconnect.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bought the proclip and assumed I could use any of the 20 phone holders that mount to other mounts could be used, I was wrong. Proclip wants you to buy their own mounts and holders. So I have a pro clip mount installed, but no ph holder.
They make it pretty clear all over their site that it's a two-part process; choose your vehicle and choose your device. They even WARN you when you choose one of the items that you must now choose the other. Not sure how you missed that part.

But the good news is; you're halfway there. :nerd: ENJOY!

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Proclip.

Bought 2 pro clip mounts a few days ago for the Cadillac and the Pacifica. Wasn't really impressed with the holder options available. Received them today. I am trying my own solutions using the base alone. I've attached a pic of the almost completed apparatus. Still missing the clip that attaches to the threads of the joint to hold the phone. Will post some pics of the completed hybrid mount when I get the last part tomorrow. I installed everything in the Cadillac first since I use that vehicle primarily. I did install the mount on the Pacifica but didn't want to upload a pic of it since it looks exactly like the picture on pro clips site.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
so, they have a holder for my Samsung Galaxy s5 with an otterbox defender case, but it only has the wired ones available. Not paying 79 or 89 for one. I assumed that I could buy the mount and use my own holder.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
so, they have a holder for my Samsung Galaxy s5 with an otterbox defender case, but it only has the wired ones available. Not paying 79 or 89 for one. I assumed that I could buy the mount and use my own holder.
You'll have to rig up some kind of solution. I don't think anything that bolts on to their mount is readily available.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Proclip Hybrid Mount

I have a Nexus 6 which is a large phone with a 6" display. As I stated, I liked the pro clip mount but not the holder solution so I set out to create my own. Here's the final product. The pictures are of my Cadillac but the Pacifica will have the same set up. The biggest benefit of the mount is that it brings the phone a few inches closer to my arm in the Cadillac. It's actually a pretty natural extension with my arm resting on the arm rest. I've included the parts I used but there are definitely other options out there. The holder I went with is the only one that holds the width of my behemoth of a phone comfortably and is easy to get the phone out of. It also doesn't block my volume and power buttons which are located on the right side. The 3M tape attachment is solid and the phone doesn't vibrate whatsoever. It's a solid setup. Just make sure you wipe the surface of the pro clip with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils for a strong bond. This solution was a lot less expensive as well.

Clamp for phone. $6.49
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2M7VXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attachment to the pro clip mount. $7.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPRLV8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts