2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Pacifica Touring L AWD on 8/23/21 and I am still at Status D. My order is set to build priority 01. Does anyone know how Chrysler is selecting orders to build? For example, are they building the most expensive and profitable cars first? Are there any parts or other constraints that are determining what orders are being selected?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Now that’s a loaded question , especially with part shortages . I’d say it’s based on parts availability , I also know that fleet orders , thanks to the new old Pacifica body style , are back in the game . So really no rhyme or reason but I’d say that majority of builds will be orders that have been sitting since 21 and bumped to 22 model year .

·
Registered
41 Posts
This will be interesting. Our order was placed on 8/25! PacHy Pinacle -so chances or parts shortages seem high. Status unknown, system was down when I called in.

I understand "D", being part of a dealer allocation, is better then D1. I read it also means parts are available. Hard to know what's true, but I read dealer allocations are prioritized over non-allocated, including sold orders.

Mind you explosion in the plant doesn't make me feel good about employee moral...

·
Registered
150 Posts
This will be interesting. Our order was placed on 8/25! PacHy Pinacle -so chances or parts shortages seem high. Status unknown, system was down when I called in.

Mind you explosion in the plant doesn't make me feel good about employee moral...
In other threads I've seen several PacHy Pinnacle ordered in August, September and October get to D and possibly at least one in D1 status. That one is apparently scheduled for build in the first December week. Mine was still BX Tuesday last week, but used to be BG before. Didn't check yet since.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best status list I've seen:

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZLD: Transit Delayed
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/received
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
In other threads I've seen several PacHy Pinnacle ordered in August, September and October get to D and possibly at least one in D1 status. That one is apparently scheduled for build in the first December week. Mine was still BX Tuesday last week, but used to be BG before. Didn't check yet since.
And to add to thread , the explosion didn’t take part in the build part of plant and was a cleaner in the plant and not a fca employee as such . The cleaner is from a outside company that has a contract with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), D1 build first week December.
13 Posts
I’m in D1. My dealer confirmed, but the words online chat used changed from “collecting materials” (D status) to “all of the materials to start the build process have been received. The vehicle is entering the build process soon,” (D1, apparently).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Seems to be a complicated process, but based on several bits of information I found, based on what is known from stellantis and other manufacturers, below is how I picture the process. Now this is based on a lot of guesswork and extrapolation, it may contain mistakes, flaws, missing bits, etc. I am not in the know of the actual process.
To those who know more, please feel free to complete the missing parts or correct anything that is wrong.

This is what I believe the process to be:
When the order is in a B status, the factory does not know your order yet. On a regular basis (Ford does this weekly, don't know about chrysler) the scheduling system picks BX orders from dealers to submit to the factory, and go in D status. At this stage, order priority and dealer allocation are the two main factors. Each dealer assigns a priority from 01 to 99 to their orders (99 is the default and lowest) that define in which order they get picked up by the system. At this point, this priority is local to a dealer and defines the order in which orders are accepted FOR THAT DEALER. Each dealer has its own order queue. The dealers have a number of allocations, that is, the maximum number of orders that can be picked up until the next round of allocations. The system picks the next order in queue from each dealer with remaining allocations in a round Robin fashion: one order from each dealer that still has allocations, then repeat until all open slots are filled.
Once the order is picked up and submitted to the factory, it goes in D, gets its VIN. Only at that point is the order in the factory planning system. That's when the factory plans and gathers the required materials and components from their suppliers, and gets everything ready to build the order. At this stage multiple factors come into play such as material orders from suppliers. When everything is ready, the order is sequenced for build and goes into D1 status. Here order priority then order date may be used to sequence two otherwise identical orders.
I've read somewhere they don't batch similar orders on the assembly line, one order can be followed by a completely different order.
Some kind of batching probably occurs though when ordering and receiving shipments from suppliers and feeder plants, which might in part explain why they seem to have been building mainly Limited but apparently no Pinnacle last week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered my PacHy Pinnacle Sept 20. Was at BX within a week, with no movement since then. Understand the delay, but extra frustrating when I drive by Windsor Assembly and see so many Pacificas sitting there waiting to ship... have to find a new route to get my kid to dance class I think...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Darn good question. I first reordered a 2022 Hybrid Touring L S in September and it's still in BX. In October I changed for a LTD hybrid. Its in JS. Sceduled to be delivered on Dec 6th... Go figure

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just going to throw this in here for Canadian folks RE: Build Determination.

I have been on the hunt for the Pacifica Pinnacle AWD I ordered Dec 30th, 2020. After hearing that Pinnacles are being made (codes are moving at minimum) I contacted my dealer to note this and ask why I hadn't heard anything.

The salesperson sat in with the Dealer Principle and was told that the Canada East region had been allotted only 5 Pinnacle ICE models in the last quarter (I believe he said quarter, it could have been half year).

Further- their best guess for when my vehicle is that it could possibly be built Feb/ March of 2022. No guarantees. That would put wait times at 15-17 months (assuming timely travel to dealership). Again- no commitments though to those dates (acknowledging future factory shut downs could hamper timelines, etc.)

So, moral of the story as I am sure that it just isn't the Pinnacles being constrained, is that Canadian customers/ orders are SOL and 2nd class orders.

Stellantis: "We'll suck you in with advertised high factory discounts for 6 months plus in order to have you engaged but we aren't going to actually ship your van ... so your deal is no longer valid. Sorry, not sorry."

Chip issues are one thing- not handling orders on an even footing based on delivery location is another. I am sure the Kool-Aid drinkers on this board will say to read the small print in the deal and that the chip issue is not Stelantis' fault... but when you have the chips and you cherry pick based on Country- that smells and tastes skunky.

Stellantis- do the right thing and contact every Canada order that has been pending for 6 months plus and confirm an approximate/ pending date while acknowledge you will honour your factory level discounts. "No chips" is no longer a valid argument to hide bad business relations considering the above.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts

I have been on the hunt for the Pacifica Pinnacle AWD I ordered Dec 30th, 2020. After hearing that Pinnacles are being made (codes are moving at minimum) I contacted my dealer to note this and ask why I hadn't heard anything.

The salesperson sat in with the Dealer Principle and was told that the Canada East region had been allotted only 5 Pinnacle ICE models in the last quarter (I believe he said quarter, it could have been half year).

Further- their best guess for when my vehicle is that it could possibly be built Feb/ March of 2022. No guarantees. That would put wait times at 15-17 months (assuming timely travel to dealership). Again- no commitments though to those dates (acknowledging future factory shut downs could hamper timelines, etc.)

So, moral of the story as I am sure that it just isn't the Pinnacles being constrained, is that Canadian customers/ orders are SOL and 2nd class orders.

Stellantis: "We'll suck you in with advertised high factory discounts for 6 months plus in order to have you engaged but we aren't going to actually ship your van ... so your deal is no longer valid. Sorry, not sorry."

Chip issues are one thing- not handling orders on an even footing based on delivery location is another. I am sure the Kool-Aid drinkers on this board will say to read the small print in the deal and that the chip issue is not Stelantis' fault... but when you have the chips and you cherry pick based on Country- that smells and tastes skunky.

Stellantis- do the right thing and contact every Canada order that has been pending for 6 months plus and confirm an approximate/ pending date while acknowledge you will honour your factory level discounts. "No chips" is no longer a valid argument to hide bad business relations considering the above.
It’s not just chips it’s parts as well , allocation has always been 90 -10 🇺🇸 based . And no matter what your capacity will only allow x number of units . My understanding is that the supply chain problems run deeper than just chips . They also know regional sales , dealer volumes , hot ticket cars that have to take x number of other units to get that car . So it’s a lot deeper than you think really . Dealers are laughing as profits are at a all time high , it’s up to the customer to decide if they want to wait .

·
Registered
150 Posts

Only 5 for the whole canada east region, for one quarter? That seems ridiculously low. A 90-10 ratio seems reasonable given that USA vs Canada population and sales match that 90-10 figure, but that doesn't feel like 90-10.
Eastern Canada is 70% of Canada's population. That would mean 7 allocated for the whole country? I'd be surprised they could build only 70 pinnacle ice in the last 3 months...
Or maybe such low numbers are related to the MY21 build out, and MY22 has higher allocations?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Only 5 for the whole canada east region, for one quarter? That seems ridiculously low. A 90-10 ratio seems reasonable given that USA vs Canada population and sales match that 90-10 figure, but that doesn't feel like 90-10.
Eastern Canada is 70% of Canada's population. That would mean 7 allocated for the whole country? I'd be surprised they could build only 70 pinnacle ice in the last 3 months...
Or maybe such low numbers are related to the MY21 build out, and MY22 has higher allocations?
That DOES seem ridiculously low doesn't it... kinda my point.
I was flipped to MY22 way back in July I believe so they still had lots of runway in terms of build time at that point but basically terminated the factory incentive deal when they flipped to the new MY.
Now- my feeling is that the tow package is constrained but again- things seem to be flowing into the US with order dates much later then mine as an example. Anecdotally there seems to be many more Pinnacle Hybrids in the system... and of course they aren't putting tow packages into them. ... and they dropped the tow package on all but the Pinnacle ICE models. In any event- some transparency would go a long way if they basically just said they were constrained for a particular part. Arguably Stelantis doesn't owe any sort of explanation but I would note that many other companies are able to advise on late availability due to lack of parts (the 2021 Toyota Sienna not having the vacuum and ice box available due to part issues is a prime example). Heck- I even heard that the Jeep GC L wasn't able to offer the air suspension/ Overland due to a part issue for awhile. The black hole of information is frustrating- especially since build-outs are happening for the same trim levels that are shipping on much NEWER factory orders.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The grand Cherokee has a delete credit if you are so wanting a non air suspension setup. The Toyota issues are vendor related . The thought process is put them on the Wagoneer / grand Wagoneer …$$$$$$$

·
Registered
41 Posts
Darryl:

Chryco told me they have not yet started building hybrid '22's. Only ICE. Is that true? I've no idea. They also told me they are unable to see actual status codes and only get descriptions. They suggested my dealer would have more answers. This via online chat yesterday.

Today my dealer told me we're status "D". He did not have an expected build date. It also means they have, or had, parts for it. It looks like you an ICE, so at least those are being built.

Problems with all this?

1) Badge56 reports he's a '22 hybrid in JS and a Dec 6th delivery date. Makes Chryco customer support sound uh.... misinformed.

2) Then you have Black22 in D1 with a delivery date. He appears to be ICE, but he ordered a day after you. Why is he ahead of you (good for him of course). One has to assume parts or a common build sequence is being run, but you're both Touring, so..

So yea, clear as mud.

Guess I'll ask in a few more weeks.

Luck to you though!

-d

1 - 20 of 20 Posts