·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No guessing please.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well if you don’t guess then your question is kind of redundant, as it’s plant holiday time and won’t be back up into new year , now that’s also dependant if there’s any pandemic lock downs , but I’d say 12 weeks .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I should have said, no non educated guessing... :) Make sense because it used to be about 8 weeks in 2017 for the regular Pac. I have a Touring L that I ike a lot. How do you like your Pachy? I would be my 1st hybrid.

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel PHEV Pinnacle (being built)
40 Posts
For our order. Pinnacle hybrid, build start Nov 12, status as of today KZ (waiting to ship).
I should have said we ordered the day after orders opened.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well if you don’t guess then your question is kind of redundant, as it’s plant holiday time and won’t be back up into new year , now that’s also dependant if there’s any pandemic lock downs , but I’d say 12 weeks .
What do you mean the plant is down until the new year? I've not heard anything like that. Obviously they'll take a few days off, but a whole month off? I don't think so.

Builds generally take 4-8 weeks, but it's anyone's guess with the holidays, refresh launch, and COVID crap. I'd lean more towards 8 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the “limited” information I got from Chrysler (obviously the dealer doesn’t know anything...😡) Mine was built, but sitting in a Bay waiting to be shipped out. When that happens, who knows. But I know it took about 2-3 days to build, but the logistics part of this is what’s lagging.

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel PHEV Pinnacle (being built)
40 Posts
Between forum members help and my dealer. Chatting with the FCA agent provided very little help.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Christmas holidays the plant is down and then will be back up again sometime in January, baring any lockdown orders in Ontario . So that’s why I would say about 12 weeks

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
A lifetime ago when I worked with the Durango plant in Newark de, they would close from Dec 24, to Jan 2nd.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If your van is built you’ll probably see it sometime in late January by time it ships to whatever area , then dealer , then you pick it up

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Christmas holidays the plant is down and then will be back up again sometime in January, baring any lockdown orders in Ontario . So that’s why I would say about 12 weeks
That is exactly what the salesman said.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
So the 2021s won't be coming till January? That's half way through the model year already.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
How is that half way they model year as a 21 is a 21 . Manufacturers launch vehicles different times of the year for different reasons

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
Remember, they are making the gas, and hybrid Pacificas on the same assembly line. They will do gas pacs for xx months, and then run the hybrids for yy months. How long it takes to get either one, will depend on where in the cycle the order is placed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
How is that half way they model year as a 21 is a 21 . Manufacturers launch vehicles different times of the year for different reasons
Sure bro, whatever you say. BTW, the 2017 Pacificas were released in Spring of 2016. And, every new model year was released in Fall. So the 2021 will be the shortest MY. Sucks for resale.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the 2021s won't be coming till January? That's half way through the model year already.
January is the first month of the year. At least it like that where I live :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Remember, they are making the gas, and hybrid Pacificas on the same assembly line. They will do gas pacs for xx months, and then run the hybrids for yy months. How long it takes to get either one, will depend on where in the cycle the order is placed.
I don't think that's how it works. The line is super flexible, they even made the Dodge Grand Caravan on the same line before they discontinued it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
January is the first month of the year. At least it like that where I live :)

MODEL YEAR. Come on, I'm a as big a fan boi as anyone, but everyone know the model year is different than a calendar year. Chrysler is way behind.

Reactions: GregMej
1 - 20 of 34 Posts