2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
141 Posts
MODEL YEAR. Come on, I'm a as big a fan boi as anyone, but everyone know the model year is different than a calendar year. Chrysler is way behind.
I agree with you.
But this year is very different... I'm guessing Covid has changed many production systems, all around the world. As you know, parts are being made almost everywhere... so it doesn't take much for supply lines to be disrupted.
It's a bummer for anyone wanting new things. I think you can blame Covid, and people's reaction, and shutting down.

Reactions: panoguy and Norbert

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I don’t see what the big hoo haa with model year is . It’s value is based on model year and not on calendar year . After all, it’s just a piece of metal that you drive everyday and depreciates . A vessel to get you from point a to point b .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don’t see what the big hoo haa with model year is . It’s value is based on model year and not on calendar year . After all, it’s just a piece of metal that you drive everyday and depreciates . A vessel to get you from point a to point b .
Your over 1300 posts suggest that you don’t view your Pacifica as a mere vessel.

Reactions: GregMej

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
The Durango plant used to close down the first two weeks in Aug, to switch over, the idea was to get the new models to the dealers by 1 Oct. Which was when they launched the new model year. Thats going back 20 years. Even then, they did different models at different times. By law, they can sell the next model year anytime after Jan 1 of the previous year. So legally they can sell 2022's in less then a month. I never hard of anybody doing it taht far, but have seen the next years being sold as early as June of the previous year. When Dodge did the major body style switch on the trucks back in 94, the new trucks were at many of the dealers in July 1993.

·
Registered
561 Posts
BTW, the 2017 Pacificas were released in Spring of 2016.
I don't recall when the gassers came, but the hybrids didn't come until late April of '17. Well, there we those 3 or 4 in January and then nothing until late April. Then the summer sales hold. The hybrid 17's were so late that some people had their orders converted to 2018's. They've always been late with the hybrids.

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel PHEV Pinnacle (being built)
32 Posts
update on my order.. Ordered in Sept, build start Nov 12, KZ status around 12/18 est delivery is (per my dealer) set for around Jan 15th. 🤞

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like there is a COVID outbreak at the plant. Probably has something to do with the delay?

According to this article from 12/16, it wasn't sure it was any exposure, much less an outbreak. However, since then I see these reports:

This one is obviously very biased, but that doesn't mean it's incorrect:

And this one which seems to go a bit the other way:

Regardless.... UGH. :(

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
796 Posts
Plus the whole province of Ontario, where Windsor is located, is going into lockdown on Dec 26 for 28 days. No way of knowing how this might affect production and transportation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Plus the whole province of Ontario, where Windsor is located, is going into lockdown on Dec 26 for 28 days. No way of knowing how this might affect production and transportation.
Wow! I did not realize that. YUCK

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So Honda has released the 2022 Odyssey already. You know, for those that think that they don't release model years early.

Reactions: GregMej
21 - 32 of 32 Posts