2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the fuel life expire and FORM force an entire tank to be purged?

If so how long did it last for?

My tank is still 7/8 full With 3100mile (5000km).. it was filled on February 26, 2019.

The owners manual indicates there is a 3month life span but I’m rolling into the 4th month now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My last full tank lasted me 6 months. Didn't have fuel refresh mode trigger at all. Possibly because it was during winter and the engine would turn on to get the cabin warm.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My last full tank lasted me 6 months. Didn't have fuel refresh mode trigger at all. Possibly because it was during winter and the engine would turn on to get the cabin warm.
6 months puts me into Sept and we usually see nice weather hear until October.

Looks like I’ll get to test the limits on this tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought on May 17 with full tank from the dealership, as of today still have 3/4 left. Mostly on local short trips except one 150KM road trip. I have a chargepoint level 2 charger at home spending about $10 average monthly due to frequent charging at public stations. Needless to say, I've reduced my monthly gas cost almost 10 times :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great information. . .

@MarkLendiz, are you a bot? No offense if you aren't, but your posts are weird and your last one almost looks like targeted spam. Then again, my posts are weird, so, carry on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
@MarkLendiz, are you a bot? No offense if you aren't, but your posts are weird and your last one almost looks like targeted spam. Then again, my posts are weird, so, carry on.
Definitely a spammer padding his post count so he could post links. It's funny how they always use inappropriate ellipses in their posts, but maybe it's the same spammer coming back for another try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are concerned about your fuel getting stale, you can add Stabil to your tank. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are going more than 6 months between fills.

BTW, I think it is great that these vans are working so well that we have to worry about fuel age!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 2018 go into fuel refresh mode yesterday when I was driving to work with 100% battery. The engine ran for about thirty minutes. I have 1300 miles on it and haven’t filled it up yet. It has the original gas from the dealership in it. It was on the dealers lot for exactly a year before I bought it. My salesman said that they filled it when it got to the lot. So the gas is a year old in the tank. Just for reference.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had my 2018 go into fuel refresh mode yesterday when I was driving to work with 100% battery. The engine ran for about thirty minutes. I have 1300 miles on it and haven’t filled it up yet. It has the original gas from the dealership in it. It was on the dealers lot for exactly a year before I bought it. My salesman said that they filled it when it got to the lot. So the gas is a year old in the tank. Just for reference.
Nice! Personally I'd want to use up the old gas so I'd stop charging it temporarily...

...or keep it going and try to become a Chrysler spokesperson, get in commercials, like those old Volvo commercials with folks getting a million miles, except you get it on the original tank of gas.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats Sweet! We’ll see if it lasts that long.. or more than 6months at least. :wink2:

I maintain my own oil to prevent FORM by allowing the oil temp to reach 85c every time the engine runs (if possible)..

I usually recommend everyone choose to run in hybrid mode for the first tank to establish a break-in on the engine side powertrain.. otherwise when does it get a chance?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Into September now and still going strong on the same tank - thats with a family road trip and extra summer festivities not being able to charge..

At 1/3 tank remaining and still no FORM. I’ll add a photo soon. Expecting forced refresh near the end of the month most likely.

No need for Stabil or other products if the tank is sealed like ours.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
"No need for Stabil or other products if the tank is sealed like ours." More info on this?
Sure thing.

Sealed systems eliminate the factors that cause the majority of the problems associated with storing fuel. However it will still go stale eventually. The engineers have (in theroy) set the limit for chemical stability.

No new oxygen or humidity means limited oxidization occuring and minimal to no condensation.

Its a bigger problem now having the wrong seasonal blend of gas in the wrong season IMO that could cause misfiring, vapour lock, check engine light in extreme climate regions.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So why are people putting so much gas in tank if they are driving around so much in electric mode, less weight equals better mpg. I can see in winter months but I’m summer a 1/4 tank should be sufficient. A sealed tank or not gas still goes bad , even with a full tank there is air in the system. Let’s also not forget the crap on bottom of tank that has settled there . Stabilizer only prolongs the gas if it’s being stored and not sloshed around.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So why are people putting so much gas in tank if they are driving around so much in electric mode, less weight equals better mpg. I can see in winter months but I’m summer a 1/4 tank should be sufficient.
I will probably Adopt this method in the future, however the vehicle has run just fine for me regardless of the winter blend.. so realistically theres no reason to do so.

The engineers set it to maintain itself dispite the owner. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sure thing.

Sealed systems eliminate the factors that cause the majority of the problems associated with storing fuel. However it will still go stale eventually. The engineers have (in theroy) set the limit for chemical stability.

No new oxygen or humidity means limited oxidization occuring and minimal to no condensation.

Its a bigger problem now having the wrong seasonal blend of gas in the wrong season IMO that could cause misfiring, vapour lock, check engine light in extreme climate regions.

That is quite a fuel system. I did notice this about system monitoring: "The EVAP system leak test takes place approximately 5 hours after key off." And if I understand the system, the fuel filler door won't open if too much pressure is detected.
With it being hurricane season here in Florida, I have a generator and deal with fuel storage. I recently found this Youtube video that has some of the same info:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
66.4 MPG ! The line of Pac Hybrid buyers is forming now !😆
Thats MPGe and its coming down. I Average 74MPGe here because of too much stop and go driving - and I’m ok with that ;)

Electricity here is so cheap its only $40 a month to run or less if I utilize public charging.

My Fuely app isnt going to like it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
m0ebius604
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing