2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of negotiating a 2020 Pacifica Limited (non-hybrid) deal in southern CA, and I've not been able to get much of a discount so far. Wondering if that's what I can expect or if there is much more they can do.

Best offer I have so far (on an 8-seater Limited) is:
MSRP: $51,065
Rebates: $2,000
Discounts: $2,000
Selling price: $47,065 + tax

I am also getting the 0% financing.

Based on anecdotal data I'm seeing on this forum that sounds like many others are getting far deeper discounts. I've also noticed that on Edmunds they listed $45,822 as their "Suggested Price", and $45,311 as a "Great Price", for whatever that's worth.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can do better. Check out Huntington Beach CDJR website. They are advertising up to $8500 off MSRP on specific limited including rebates and not including other conditional rebates. There may be dealer add ons that are not disclosed so be sure to ask before you go in. I received 8000 off a leftover 2019 TLP from Scott Robinson CDJR in Torrance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dont be afraid to work online with dealerships further away. The last two vehicles I've bought I shopped in a huge radius. You might be able to find a dealership willling to deal on the vehicle you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Minivan sales are tanking. The dealers should be more than willing to meet a good price on the Pacifica. Good luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can do better. Check out Huntington Beach CDJR website. They are advertising up to $8500 off MSRP on specific limited including rebates and not including other conditional rebates. There may be dealer add ons that are not disclosed so be sure to ask before you go in. I received 8000 off a leftover 2019 TLP from Scott Robinson CDJR in Torrance.
UGH. Huntington Beach CDJR is KNOWN for malarky fake pricing. NOBODY gets the full MSRP discounts they show online... Their discounts online are 100% malarky. Just try to buy one and see LOL...

And yes, you can do much better than 4K in discounts/incentives!

I bought my Touring L Plus right when the S package came out and MANY dealers weren't willing to discount... But I still got 5K off list. The Limiteds discount even better as they are overpriced and fully loaded by default.

And if you are willing to get a 2019- you'll do even better as the quoted poster did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
UGH. Huntington Beach CDJR is KNOWN for malarky fake pricing. NOBODY gets the full MSRP discounts they show online... Their discounts online are 100% malarky. Just try to buy one and see LOL...

And yes, you can do much better than 4K in discounts/incentives!

I bought my Touring L Plus right when the S package came out and MANY dealers weren't willing to discount... But I still got 5K off list. The Limiteds discount even better as they are overpriced and fully loaded by default.

And if you are willing to get a 2019- you'll do even better as the quoted poster did.
I thought that might be the case with Huntington Beach CDJR. Best bet is to get bids from dealers within a 100 mile radius including leftover 2019 models. There are literally over 100 dealers in SoCal. Thats how I found mine at what I believe was a decent price of 8000 off MSRP and 0% financing..

·
Registered
311 Posts
There are literally over 100 dealers in SoCal.
Lucky you. I have 2 dealers! (and even those have the same owners) to choose from that doesn't involve shipping the vehicle on a boat, and they weren't discounting anything below MSRP when I got quotes for the hybrid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought that might be the case with Huntington Beach CDJR. Best bet is to get bids from dealers within a 100 mile radius including leftover 2019 models. There are literally over 100 dealers in SoCal. Thats how I found mine at what I believe was a decent price of 8000 off MSRP and 0% financing..
I think thats a GREAT price!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lucky you. I have 2 dealers! (and even those have the same owners) to choose from that doesn't involve shipping the vehicle on a boat, and they weren't discounting anything below MSRP when I got quotes for the hybrid.
Im not sure you want that type of luck. It can take 3 or 4 hours to drive the 100 miles with traffic!

Reactions: pleckerling

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you liv
Do you live on an Island?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is there a ferry from Oahu to the other Islands?
There are no ferries, but there are shipping companies that transport cars. The cost is something like $750 between the islands (~$1500 to/from the west coast.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, it sounds like we are in the same exact situation as I am also in the LA area looking to buy a 2020 Pacifica Limited with 8-passenger seating. The other options I'm looking for are UConnect Streaming, Advanced SafetyTec group, 20-speaker premium sound group, and 20" wheels, but by far it is the toughest to find cars with the 8th seat option (maybe only 1 in 20 has that option?). With it only being a $500 option, any idea why so few dealers stock it? I would think better to have it than not since you can always remove the 8th seat but you can't easily add it to vehicles that didn't come with it, so are the 2 "captain's chairs" better when you don't get it with the additional 8th seat or something?

As for the best deal, I've signed up with TrueCar which mainly matched me with just my local dealership, but I know someone stated that they had hundreds of LA dealers bid for their business. Did you use a service for that? For TrueCar you have to "unlock" each dealership, meaning they get your contact info and start bombarding you with calls/texts/e-mails, so can't imagine doing that with tens of dealers at a time (plus I think TrueCar has a 5 dealer limit?). Would love it if there was another service I could sign up for to get lots of different bids without the onslaught of follow-ups.
I am in the process of negotiating a 2020 Pacifica Limited (non-hybrid) deal in southern CA, and I've not been able to get much of a discount so far. Wondering if that's what I can expect or if there is much more they can do.

Best offer I have so far (on an 8-seater Limited) is:
MSRP: $51,065
Rebates: $2,000
Discounts: $2,000
Selling price: $47,065 + tax

I am also getting the 0% financing.

Based on anecdotal data I'm seeing on this forum that sounds like many others are getting far deeper discounts. I've also noticed that on Edmunds they listed $45,822 as their "Suggested Price", and $45,311 as a "Great Price", for whatever that's worth.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With it only being a $500 option, any idea why so few dealers stock it? I would think better to have it than not since you can always remove the 8th seat but you can't easily add it to vehicles that didn't come with it, so are the 2 "captain's chairs" better when you don't get it with the additional 8th seat or something?
Yeah, while it is removable it is not quite the same thing as having a seven-seater (we currently have an 8-seater Limited lease that's coming to an end, so I know exactly what it looks like). The middle seat IS removable, but it leaves a couple of metal attachments exposed on the floor, and also the inner armrests are missing, so the captain's chairs aren't quite as nice.

Still, the 8th seat is super practical and we used it extensively. For example, we currently have three car seats side by side on the 2nd row -- it's tight but they fit!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the explanation on the 8th seat. Though we would never have a need for 3 car seats side-by-side as we only have 2 little rugrats (and staying that way), I imagine on long trips my wife may need to sit back there between them at times. It just sucks that on all the search filters there's actually an option for 7 or 8 seats, but all listings even without the 8th seat still mark as 8 rather than 7 so there's no way to filter my search by seating, resulting in me usually just looking at interior pictures to find out which ones really do have it (which I found being easier than going through a 100 point feature list).

As for pricing, a model with all the features I'm looking for has an MSRP of $51,465 on the window sticker, which the dealer's own site is listing at $45,358 after $2,000 rebate and $4,107 (dealer) discount. Asking another dealer to match it they stated this isn't the true "out-the-door" price because a high-rate Chrysler financing is required for the rebate, so perhaps some places are willing to negotiate more than others?

And though I'm on TrueCar I found that if you can find the exact model you're interested in on Cargurus, you can see how long it has been on the dealer's lot and its pricing history. This one I pointed out did indeed start at MSRP when first listed on 10/24/19, but got as low as $44,546 on 12/21.

Either way, keep me posted on your search. Good to know you already have a Pacifica and are looking to upgrade to a new one - this will be my first minivan after an excruciating talk with the Mrs. on how it's not about looking cool with an SUV anymore, but accepting being uncool with a much more practical minivan for the kids.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As for the best deal, I've signed up with TrueCar which mainly matched me with just my local dealership, but I know someone stated that they had hundreds of LA dealers bid for their business. Did you use a service for that? For TrueCar you have to "unlock" each dealership, meaning they get your contact info and start bombarding you with calls/texts/e-mails, so can't imagine doing that with tens of dealers at a time (plus I think TrueCar has a 5 dealer limit?). Would love it if there was another service I could sign up for to get lots of different bids without the onslaught of follow-ups.
I did not use a service. I used the Chrysler search tool to look for the model I wanted within a 100 mile radius. TLP or Limited with Advanced Safety, Handsfree Package and Sunroof were my must haves. I didn't want the Uconnect theatre but it was on all the limiteds at that time and the TLP had many features that I wanted from the Limited plus the theatre,. I performed a separate search for both 2019 and 2020 models. The search didn't find very many exact matches so I looked at many partial matches and built a list of dealers to contact. Then I contacted the dealers internet sales manager by email using a different email address than my usual account and no phone number. The ones that responded I called (which then gave them my phone number) and tried to work out a final deal via email. I specifically asked each dealer if there were added markups on their cars beyond the MSRP discount (a common internet pricing trick) and eliminated those dealers. At the time, Nov 2019, there were impressive incentives to sell 2019 models plus employee pricing + 0% financing and ultimately I purchased.a 2019 TLP at an $8K discount from MSRP, sacrificing some of the limited features but saving perhaps an additional $6K from the 2020 limited (still ended up with the theatre which I now am enjoying but don't use very often).

Thats my story.. Perhaps it was timing more than any negotiating skill. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
It just sucks that on all the search filters there's actually an option for 7 or 8 seats, but all listings even without the 8th seat still mark as 8 rather than 7 so there's no way to filter my search by seating
I found the perfect Pacifica for my family (we were looking for a specific set of features) by building it on the chrysler website and then using the dealer search results to find which dealerships had what we wanted. Then I would google the dealership name to get a better look at the vehicle. This might fix your 8 seat requirement. Otherwise, I wonder if the hardware for the 8th seat might be something your dealership might be able to add.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not use a service...
I specifically asked each dealer if there were added markups on their cars beyond the MSRP discount (a common internet pricing trick) and eliminated those dealers. :)
Quite impressive that you did this all on your own. I happened to drop into the local dealership on my lunch hour to discuss in person about my wife's internet inquiry, and since we don't have the same last name the sales person asked if I was an agent hired to negotiate the car deal for her. I had no idea such people existed, but sounds like it may be an occupation you may be perfect for (at least as a side hobby as I'm actually enjoying this process quite a bit myself).

Otherwise, I wonder if the hardware for the 8th seat might be something your dealership might be able to add.
From other posts I've seen on here, in addition to the metal attachments mentioned earlier needing to be secured to the floor, there's apparently also the issue of running that 3rd seatbelt up to the top, which you can't do with a sunroof (at least not on the older 2017-2019 models). Sounds like it's quite a hefty job, so unless the dealer offers from their side to throw it in and assure me it'll be just as secure as one coming from the factory that way, I'm going to continue narrowing my search for only models that come with the 8th seat (despite the pain of not being able to filter with this attribute).

Thank you all for your advice. I'm not in a particular hurry, so at least I have that on my side when it comes to negotiations.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The most important thing is that you aren't in a hurry and as you mentioned time is on your side. Once you find a couple dealers that have what you want have them give you their bid and use them to negotiate. They want to sell the car more than you want to buy it. Sales are down on the Pacifica and minivans in general. Just wait it out and eventually they will find a way through hidden incentives or additional dealer discounting or other programs like Costco or Edmunds, etc. to give you a good price. Good luck and happy negotiating!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts