2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Florence is coming to Carolinas, I am considering Pachy as a backup power source to power refrigerator and few lights amounting to average 300 watts but peak to 1000W. Wondering Pachy 110V can source this power continuously from 100% charge to 0% charge. Anyone has used it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
User manual says 150W max.

Page 147:

There is a 115 Volt, 150 Watt Power Inverter outlet located
on the right side of the vehicle, before the third row of seats
to convert DC current to AC current. The Power Inverter
can power cellular phones, electronics and other low
power devices requiring up to 150 Watts. Certain high-end
video game consoles will exceed this power limit, as will
most power tools.​

·
Registered
181 Posts
It will power a whole bunch of LED lights a radio and possibly a laptop but not much else. It will not power a refrigerator or most things with motors. You may want to leave the car in "run" (it will not hurt, the engine will only start if the needed to keep the battery up) other wise it will shut off the power.

Good luck! Be safe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just tie a standard (1300-1800w) inverter into the 12v battery. If you don't have one, or can't get one locally, use amazon prime and overnight it for a small fee!

You'd still be able to use the traction battery, as it'll keep the 12v battery topped off if you leave the van on. Run the fridge for 45 minutes, then turn it off for 6 hours. You could probably do this for weeks with the pacHy's HV battery alone.

Reactions: Ladysteamfitter

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
I'm surprised that Chrysler didn't take advantage of the high-voltage traction battery to provide much higher current to the 120v outlet. My Outlander PHEV's 120v outlets are rated for 1500 watts. Several people have used them to power their refrigerators during a power outage. And when the traction battery is eventually used up, the engine will start and run the generator to keep 1500 watts flowing to the outlets.

Reactions: mark

·
Super Moderator
2,238 Posts
I'm surprised that Chrysler didn't take advantage of the high-voltage traction battery to provide much higher current to the 120v outlet. My Outlander PHEV's 120v outlets are rated for 1500 watts. Several people have used them to power their refrigerators during a power outage. And when the traction battery is eventually used up, the engine will start and run the generator to keep 1500 watts flowing to the outlets.
Adding another high voltage circuit is expensive and would be a selling point only for few people. I'm curios, does your Outlander gets 120V directfrom the traction battery or from the 12V one?

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
I'm curios, does your Outlander gets 120V directfrom the traction battery or from the 12V one?

Directly from the traction battery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where do you tap into the 12V system for the inverter? At the jumper terminals in the engine compartment or back at the 12V battery in the back?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where do you tap into the 12V system for the inverter? At the jumper terminals in the engine compartment or back at the 12V battery in the back?
Technically you could do either, but if you want to drive while using it, I'd recommend tying in from the trunk. Let me know if you have questions on how to open the panel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not concerned with driving while using the inverter, since this would only be used for power outages (rare) to supply the fridge, freezer, and boiler during the winter. If I decide to pick up an inverter, then, I would probably just hook up in the engine compartment. I saw one person's right up of adding a quick connect to the battery in the back, but I wouldn't get enough use out of it to make that worth my while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Technically you could do either, but if you want to drive while using it, I'd recommend tying in from the trunk. Let me know if you have questions on how to open the panel.
Hi, dotbot,

I would love to know if you have instructions or a link to a video on how to wire an inverter directly to the rear battery. I just got my 2021 Pachy Touring L and am wanting to power a microwave for car camping to save on lodging and meals...thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts