• 81 and above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have a feeling the "under 20" is going to be zero...:rolleyes:
:| Sometimes I'm under the impression that I'm taking with teenagers. Converting this quiet car into a noise machine... Only teenagers or somebody with "the middle age crisis"... >:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just curious about the age of Pacifica owners. I have a feeling that members on the Forum are a 'mature' group. :grin2:
I find this thread to be interesting so just wanted to bring it back into focus, and hope we get many more responses. I'm amused that I'm the lone old guy (oldest up till now) in the poll, surely there must be more oldsters (70-80) that enjoy owning this wonderful van. Also perhaps occasionally a member could make a comment in addition to taking the poll it would keep the thread alive. :grin2:

<

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been driving a minivan since my 30s.

If I were to go back in time, I would probably started in my 20s.

The minivan is the most useful vehicle in the world... other than trucks with 4 doors.

·
Registered
217 Posts

The minivan is the most useful vehicle in the world... other than trucks with 4 doors.
I agree. I got one in my late 20s, even though we have no kids. We initially got one because we were tired of the logistics of getting large groups of friends/family to events, since everyone had compact cars. Then we realized it was nicer to have bicycles inside instead of using a roof rack when we went on trips (the T&C was selected primarily because it had a really long interior). We still have an older smart forTwo that I used to commute in, but it's not getting a lot of use now that my van is as energy-efficient (if not more).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guess

·
Registered
509 Posts

I disagree - a minivan is better in nearly every way - even to a truck with 4 doors. #vanman #vanlife #vansrule >:)
John

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What's with the 41-50 group screwing up our Bell Curve? Kids out of the house but not yet gransparents?
Don't mess with us 40-somethings!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was an option when setting up the pole to identify the voter, but I figured that might hinder some from voting. To recall a saying from a famous American: 'What is this, Russia?'

·
Registered
253 Posts
voting only once

OK, I am holding strong in the upper tier but so what? This poll will be interesting but not too scientific. This forum crowd will be older.

I love the size and utility and the beauty of the van versus anything else. We are on a trip right now and the bicycles are in the back. Putting them on the roof got old. The big van is very easy to get into. Personally, I think Chrysler is missing the boat with all those adds with the young people and Muppets in them.

By the way for the doubters, the FCW went off today when a guy cut in and slammed on the brakes. I had it under control but the RED dashboard and the beeps were startling nonetheless. I am a believer that mine works!

·
Registered
336 Posts
32 years

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What's with the 51-60 group screwing up our Bell Curve? Kids out of the house but not yet grandparents?
@BrettP probably not a big enough sample size yet, but your assumption may be true. I found that one of biggest advantages for a van was the sliding doors for putting kids in car seats years ago. Now it's nice to have the space for people and moving stuff. Stow N Go Seats are so much easier than taking seats out of my old van.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
@BrettP probably not a big enough sample size yet, but your assumption may be true. I found that one of biggest advantages for a van was the sliding doors for putting kids in car seats years ago. Now it's nice to have the space for people and moving stuff. Stow N Go Seats are so much easier than taking seats out of my old van.
true enough. after having an odyssey, then trying out 3-row crossovers with regular outward opening doors, we couldn't do it. we had to get another minivan. the Pac fit the bill. sliding doors or bust! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I like that the age groups end with 0s rather than with 9s. I squeezed in with a younger crowd :)

No fair! I just barely made the cut for a next older group. Well, at least I am in with some very good company.

As I tell the other engineers at work, I can no longer be the youngest guy in the meetings but I can still be the most immature. >:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
At first I was surprised by the relative age of the poll respondents but as I thought about it, it began to make sense......We are also in the 61=70 age group and in our case we purchased several Dodge Grand Caravans when we had younger kids to drive around. Later (now) that we are empty nesters we travel all over the country and a van is still the perfect car for us. My guess is that many on this board do the same thing. It's also a great car for hauling things and moving things as well.............

1 - 20 of 58 Posts