2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of stories about what dealers are asking for in order to buy a Pacifica from them. Here's another:

Found a '21 Touring L with options I like while browsing inventory the other day on Chrysler website. In transit. Called dealer. They are not asking charging additional dealer markup. Instead, they are asking for MSRP, plus you must give them a trade-in, plus you must finance the purchase through them. Thank you, no.

Was planning on ordering '22 some day for myself, but verified that going forward the only carpet color you can get is black, so looking at '21s. On the '22s, even with alloy seats there will still be lots of black inside, so light colored floormats are not the answer. We are among those who don't do black, so wife's current '18 Pacifica will most likely be our last new Chrysler minivan (our fifth).

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
I don't get it...
MSRP✓
Trade in ✓ Unless you're keeping your current Pacifica
Dealer financing isn't good but you can easily refinance within a day with your own credit union at a rate you like. Problem solved. Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The perfect trifecta indeed . A sale , trade in for another sale , financing kickback . Good things come in 3 indeed … lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know much about anti-trust law, but what that dealer is doing illegal. You cannot tie the purchase of one product to the requirement that another product be bought.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Actually dealer can do whatever they want as they own the car and can decide who and who not to sell it too. Bad business practices indeed , but I can guarantee you somebody will buy it .

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
450 Posts
Yes, if a dealer has one for sale there is no incentive to sell it below MSRP or cut any deals. Stock is so low if you don't buy it someone else will.
My FIL is buying out his lease because the market is crazy. His buy out is $16k and that is in his contract. His credit union told him it's currently worth $30k.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes, if a dealer has one for sale there is no incentive to sell it below MSRP or cut any deals. Stock is so low if you don't buy it someone else will.
My FIL is buying out his lease because the market is crazy. His buy out is $16k and that is in his contract. His credit union told him it's currently worth $30k.
Wow, I wonder if it's a truck? Sounds like he got to drive it for 2-3 years for free.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Was planning on ordering '22 some day for myself, but verified that going forward the only carpet color you can get is black, so looking at '21s. On the '22s, even with alloy seats there will still be lots of black inside, so light colored floormats are not the answer. We are among those who don't do black, so wife's current '18 Pacifica will most likely be our last new Chrysler minivan (our fifth).
Update to my Post# 1: With thanks to StevenInPA who provided a link to the Stelantis press kit for the 2022 Pacifica (here), there is still hope. It contains a Sto 'n Go video of a Pacifica with light gray interior sidewalls and headliner. It has black seats and black carpet, but we can cover the black carpet with light gray mats, and my wife and I agreed we could live with the black seats. Looks like '22 Touring L will come standard with Safety Sphere, so the only option will be the towing package.

This is good news, indeed. I drove a VW Atlas SEL V6 w/Technology and 4Motion this week and was mightily impressed. Both dog kennels just fit; good ride, handling and performance; it uses regular 87 octane fuel; the engine sits comparatively low making for a lower center of gravity; the transmission gear can be manually selected; the engine has a timing chain insteadof a timing belt; and the spark plugs are RIGHT THERE on top. But dogs have a higher threshhold to navigate, gas mileage isn't as good as Pacifica, Homelink is a dealer installed option, the 360-degree camera is only available on the highest Premium trim level, the trim level I like only comes with 20" wheels (not a big fan), it takes an inconvenient 5.8 qts of oil, and changing the oil filter looks to be a PITA. Moreover, VW just reduced the bumper-to-bumper warranty starting with 2021.5 models to four years from six (still better than Pacifica). I must say the Atlas is an impressive vehicle. The '22s will have the digital cockpit (dashboard) standard in the SEL trim we want.

Yep, there's hope yet for a new Pacifica yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts