2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
JD Power is a industry standard and accepted source of such data...as is Consumer Reports...and they both agree. Like it or not, its very clear that Chrysler does not have a great track record for reliability...and people who choose to buy one should understand that.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
562 Posts
JD Power, lol, that's like saying CNN is a reliable and unbiased news network.
I beg to differ. CNN always puts out the correct reliable news. Like ABC, NBC, CBS. The only major network that puts out totally false news is Fox... what a bunch of ignoramusses

Reactions: Will98683 and Tri-C

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
All news networks have bias (as do all humans). Fox is at least up front about theirs. I agree that it appears to me that Fox tends to lean more heavily into their bias than do some of the others, but no one is completely without bias...

·
Registered
562 Posts
All news networks have bias (as do all humans). Fox is at least up front about theirs. I agree that it appears to me that Fox tends to lean more heavily into their bias than do some of the others, but no one is completely without bias...
Well written. I agree to a extent but ''some'' Fox talking heads do more than have biases. They lie and distort facts on a regular bases. Its outrageous that lies are refered to as truths on a daily bases by some of the Fox morons. Some people out there, believe them... Yep, some dipsh*t dumasses beleive the lies... That is what is so frustrating to everyone around the world. The USA is crumbling under corruption. Its scarry.

Reactions: Will98683 and Tri-C

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid/Luxury White Pearl-Coat/Mocha/Black Interior
20 Posts
13k on our '21.

Two major issues so far. First was complete shutdown/lockup of vehicle systems which necessitated being dragged in Park onto a flatbed to the dealer. Software glitch. No fix expected. Second was the failure of the hybrid battery heater. Extremely common right now but it's at least 30 days before parts availability (I am expecting longer) and the vehicle drives poorly and gets 20mpg in the meantime.

We love the van overall, but this definitely has me thinking this will be a short-term ownership for us when we own most of our vehicles for at least 10 years.
Just to piggyback on this reply, purchased our 2021 PacHy last April now has 8000mi, hybrid battery heater also just went, on backorder as mentioned, likely for awhile. However, it does drive extremely nicely, very quiet but gas mileage is totally inaccurate, does not get the mileage indicated. And this is might just be my luck, but while washing the car, paint chip flew off, fortunately have touch up paint but you would think on a less than year old vehicle with only 8K paint shouldn't be chipping off the car. So I concur here as I too don't think I will be keeping this vehicle too much longer, unfortunately!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We’re about to buy 2022 hybrid Pacifica. It’s finally making its way to us. Got stuck in Nashville because of the weather, but hopefully it will be here soon.
We were debating whether we should buy or lease, one of our thoughts was how reliable is it? We currently have a Honda van and we haven’t done a thing to it other than regular maintenance. I wonder how does picifica compare??
I think buy or lease depends on several factors. Reliability is one that can be mitigated with a factory warranty extension for not that much money(but only buy Chrysler Mopar warranty). I think the reliableity of a hybrid could be better than just gas because not as many parts are getting used as often. I have an ‘18 hybrid with 42k trouble free(just several recalls and some updates to programming to fix rear entertainment system). My biggest complaint and expense was the tires. They had very poor snow and ice ability so I added snow tires in the winter but should have just ditched the factory ones early. I have new all season tires that do great- so two sets purchased. To me the biggest factor of the lease or not is the deal the dealer gives you. They can manipulate the numbers and make thousands more then you thought. So it could be better to buy and sell/trade in X years if they are not giving you the right deal. Preference is the other factor. Do you want a new car ever couple of years and how much is that worth xtra to you. Miles you drive are another factor. If you drive more then 15k a year the lease banks depreciate the car more then it would likely cost you. Honda has some factory lease programs and great resale so lease offen make more since on them. Do the math diligently both ways and decide your true cost both ways. You will likely pay more on the lease but still choose it. Good luck and thanks for choosing a hybrid!

·
Registered
15 Posts
8k so far on my hybrid pinnacle and no issues except for a recall on intermittent liftbzck ops. Love the van a lot

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Reliability is one that can be mitigated with a factory warranty extension for not that much money
This is only true if your time, frustration and safety have no value. My 2017 Pacifica was under warranty but having it be broken and in the shop all the time was an absolute nightmare.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
135 Posts
A lot of people say that the techs aren't great with problems. That's probably the case but I don't know why they recommend an extended warranty as a solution to that issue? Seems to me their expertise isn't going to change with an extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A lot of people say that the techs aren't great with problems. That's probably the case but I don't know why they recommend an extended warranty as a solution to that issue? Seems to me their expertise isn't going to change with an extended warranty.
The extended warranty is just to protect you from the cost of repairs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes. That's why I don't understand why people seem to think it will also help with the lack of expertise problem.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Yes. That's why I don't understand why people seem to think it will also help with the lack of expertise problem.
Lack of expertise means longer diagnostic, repair times, and throwing parts at things that don't fix it costing way more.

Extended warranties offer protection in these scenarios. They can take as much time as they want to figure it out while gaining the experience for the next same fix. The clock and parts are on them, not me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lack of expertise means longer diagnostic, repair times, and throwing parts at things that don't fix it costing way more.

Extended warranties offer protection in these scenarios. They can take as much time as they want to figure it out while gaining the experience for the next same fix. The clock and parts are on them, not me.
got it. Scary but does make sense. I haven't been there yet with mine.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts