2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

How to calculate miles for battery warranty?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  PacificaMinivanFan 
#1 ·
Where I live the warranty on the hybrid battery is 10yr/100k miles.

Does 100k miles refer to the total miles on the car or just the miles driven on electric?

#2 · (Edited)
Total miles on the OD. The battery is always working. The 3.6 V6 is started by motor A in the transaxle when it reverses direction to act as a starter to start the engine. At that point, Motor A stops assisting motor B pushing the car and becomes an electric generator. When on electric-only, both motor A and B are pushing the car down the road. Hybrid mode, only motor B is pushing the car and is always the primary drive motor.

For some reason, there is a lot of misinformation out there that the transaxle is a CVT. It has an Si-EVT. If you are interested to learn more about your car watch this.

Pacifica Hybrid Si-EVT Transaxle.

This is a CVT.

If you ever go to a service shop and they try to tell you your Hybrid has a CVT, go somewhere else for service, they are not trained properly or qualified to work on your Pacifica Hybrid. This has already happened to me and I filed a complaint against the service department with Chrysler Corporate. Even Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer and to NOT let them do any work on my Pacifica Hybrid.

#4 ·
Total miles on the OD. The battery is always working. The 3.6 V6 is started by motor A in the transaxle when it reverses direction to act as a starter to start the engine. At that point, Motor A stops assisting motor B pushing the car and becomes an electric generator. When on electric-only, both motor A and B are pushing the car down the road. Hybrid mode, only motor B is pushing the car and is always the primary drive motor.

For some reason, there is a lot of misinformation out there that the transaxle is a CVT. It has an Si-EVT. If you are interested to learn more about your car watch this.

Pacifica Hybrid Si-EVT Transaxle.
https://youtu.be/rDPwQefY2KY

This is a CVT.
https://youtu.be/c47caRqbbnE

If you ever go to a service shop and they try to tell you your Hybrid has a CVT, go somewhere else for service, they are not trained properly or qualified to work on your Pacifica Hybrid. This has already happened to me and I filed a complaint against the service department with Chrysler Corporate. Even Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer and to NOT let them do any work on my Pacifica Hybrid.
Thank you, ThisSuckersElectrical, for posting the videos. I have watched the first one on the Si-EVT transaxle and was absolutely enthralled! John Kelly is an outstanding teacher. Will watch the second video on CVTs after dinner tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.