2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Pacifica. I have noticed with the lane sensing that it works very well if I drift to the right, but if I drift to the left, it usually crosses the line before it tries to correct itself. I feel like the lane sense needs to be calibrated. Is that something I can do on my own? Or do I need to take it into the dealer? Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I know what you mean, but don't know of a way to tweak it. I have a system in a Subaru, which is much more tuned in (Better).
I just figure it is better than nothing, safety wise.

·
Super Moderator
2,002 Posts
The calibration procedure is not complicated:

he Forward Facing Camera (FFC) calibration will need to be performed under the following conditions listed below:

• If the FFC and/or windshield has been removed or replaced
  • If the FFC module is removed from the bracket and then reinstalled.
  • If the customer brings in a vehicle with Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system behavior concerns.
Perform the following steps to calibrate the FFC:

• Connect the diagnostic scan tool and start the vehicle.
  • Navigate to the “Misc Functions” menu under the FFC and select the drive calibration routine.
  • The screen will now prompt you to drive the vehicle for calibration. The vehicle needs to be driven at speeds of 65 km/h (40 mph) and in the straightest road condition possible. You need a lane with lines (dashed or solid) on both sides of the vehicle. This averages to roughly ten minutes of drive time, terrain permitting.
  • After the camera learns the calibration, the scan tool FFC view will show calibrated.
  • Service calibration Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) should be in the stored status at this point.
  • Erase the FFC DTCs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scan tool?

Great! Thank you! Is there a specific scan tool that I need to access that menu?

The calibration procedure is not complicated:

he Forward Facing Camera (FFC) calibration will need to be performed under the following conditions listed below:

• If the FFC and/or windshield has been removed or replaced
  • If the FFC module is removed from the bracket and then reinstalled.
  • If the customer brings in a vehicle with Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system behavior concerns.
Perform the following steps to calibrate the FFC:

• Connect the diagnostic scan tool and start the vehicle.
  • Navigate to the “Misc Functions” menu under the FFC and select the drive calibration routine.
  • The screen will now prompt you to drive the vehicle for calibration. The vehicle needs to be driven at speeds of 65 km/h (40 mph) and in the straightest road condition possible. You need a lane with lines (dashed or solid) on both sides of the vehicle. This averages to roughly ten minutes of drive time, terrain permitting.
  • After the camera learns the calibration, the scan tool FFC view will show calibrated.
  • Service calibration Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) should be in the stored status at this point.
  • Erase the FFC DTCs.

·
Super Moderator
2,002 Posts
Now you're asking difficult questions. The scan tool is called Witech. It is somewhere between very expensive and unavailable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts